Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

2.0 has so much potential

2»

Comments

  • NetspookNetspook OsloPosts: 1,503Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Valua

    If they continue to do what they've been doing recently then they could be the first ever MMO company to save an MMO and bring it back to the masses (I'm sure the PS3 version will also help in that respect.)

     

    Continue doing what, exactly?

    Add minor stuff for lvl 30-50 players, and pretty much completely ignore changing anything below, that's gonna attract the masses, and keep them playing?

    Seriously, considering all the time that's gone, they've added/changed extremely little in this game. Compared to ie Rift, what FFXIV has gotten in over one year, doesn't even compare to the contents of minor patches in Rift. And Trion add something to their game almost every month. FFXIV have one of the largest dev staffs out there - makes me wonder wtf SE is paying them for...

    If you really read the 2.0 patch notes (your link) without your rose colored glasses, you may be able to see how little info they really provide. For example, check their notes about an auction house, a feature quite a lot of players regards as crucial. What do they say? They are going  to examine, then examine more, then finally start planning based on the examination results. A lot of bs where they really aren't saying much. The notes are full of shit like that, and such won't tell you at all what's gonna be changed/added, or what's not.

    This game is a piece of crap IMO. I had hopes for it, but not anymore. Seeing how little Yoshi and his team are actually doing, instead of just smooth talk, is a major reason, but not the only one. 2.0 may make this game lesser crappy, but it will NEVER be a huge success, that's something I'm absolutely sure about.

    SE was a great company, and they were able to make great games. Sadly, neither is true today, imo.

    EDIT:

    Btw, since you're using the "it has potential" argument. That's what we kept hearing over and over again about games like Vanguard, Warhammer, and a few others. EVERY SINGLE FAILURE had some kind of "potential". "Potential" is the kiss of death.

    [Mod Edit]

  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Somewhere Out There, PAPosts: 2,320Member Uncommon

    Got news for some of you, FF14 turning into a clone of FF11 pre-Goddess is the ONLY way I'll ever touch this game. There are plenty of people who just wanted an update FF11, and FF14 looks like it's trying to become that.

     

    Whether or not it will succeed remains to be seen. You're either going to piss off the people that got used to the solo modes recently introduced to FF11 (not THAT recently, but still) or you're going to piss off the people that missed old school FF11 where you needed a party just to wipe your ass.

     

    Hopefully SE finds a balance somewhere.

    "Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

  • HyanmenHyanmen KolkkalaPosts: 5,354Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Valua

     Do you have a link to 2.0 patch notes?

     

    I'd love to read them!

    There are no "patch notes" per se, but four PDF files containing the largest additions during/shortly after 2.0 and plans for up until it's release.

    They all can be found on the bottom of this page http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/teaser/index.html

     

    "Housing is standard in most mmo's."
    - yolteotl79

  • viddiot007viddiot007 Hartford, CTPosts: 96Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by RedKatana

    The game is the best game right now to me, but has a downside very low population, people are not smart enough to decide for themselves they see bad review and they don't play. The review is done by haters that like easy games like wow.

    - Best graphics ever seen in a mmorpg.

    -With recent update combat is the best also, trust me no press 1 press 2 press 3 press 4 and repeat here.

    -Deep crafting with minigame and chance on high quality, endless recipies.

    -It's the game that took a chance on creating some other then a WOW look a like game.

    Enough reading go play your clones lol.

    Ive owned FFXI for 4 years now, and just recently started to play it. (Love it by the way.) I fell into the he said, she said bullcrap and didnt bother to try it. I regret that. I plan on playing FFXIV as soon as i build my new PC. Gonna see for myself what its all about. Big fan of Final Fantasy series so im cheering for FFXIV.

    image
  • HyanmenHyanmen KolkkalaPosts: 5,354Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Netspook

    Continue doing what, exactly?

    Add minor stuff for lvl 30-50 players, and pretty much completely ignore changing anything below, that's gonna attract the masses, and keep them playing?

    Seriously, considering all the time that's gone, they've added/changed extremely little in this game. Compared to ie Rift, what FFXIV has gotten in over one year, doesn't even compare to the contents of minor patches in Rift. And Trion add something to their game almost every month. FFXIV have one of the largest dev staffs out there - makes me wonder wtf SE is paying them for...

    If you really read the 2.0 patch notes (your link) without your rose colored glasses, you may be able to see how little info they really provide. For example, check their notes about an auction house, a feature quite a lot of players regards as crucial. What do they say? They are going  to examine, then examine more, then finally start planning based on the examination results. A lot of bs where they really aren't saying much. The notes are full of shit like that, and such won't tell you at all what's gonna be changed/added, or what's not.

    This game is a piece of crap IMO. I had hopes for it, but not anymore. Seeing how little Yoshi and his team are actually doing, instead of just smooth talk, is a major reason, but not the only one. 2.0 may make this game lesser crappy, but it will NEVER be a huge success, that's something I'm absolutely sure about.

    SE was a great company, and they were able to make great games. Sadly, neither is true today, imo.

    EDIT:

    Btw, since you're using the "it has potential" argument. That's what we kept hearing over and over again about games like Vanguard, Warhammer, and a few others. EVERY SINGLE FAILURE had some kind of "potential". "Potential" is the kiss of death.

    [Mod Edit]

    It is easy to make comparisons to a game like Rift but at the end of the day the two teams are not even remotely similar. The difference is extremely easy to see when you look at what each team is doing with their time.

    Yoshida, with his team of 250+ people are building another game from the remnants of the current FFXIV, while keeping the current service live nonetheless. The servers are re-made from the scratch, the game engine is completely rebuilt, the areas are completely altered and the User Interface bears no similarity to the current UI. Their team's work is more akin to a developer developing a new MMO, not updating an existing one. The only difference is that it is made to be a spiritual successor to a game that will cease to exist in a few month's time, which is what makes their situation unique.

    So in the end every other released MMO's developer has been updating their existing game while SE creates a new game altogether.

    "Housing is standard in most mmo's."
    - yolteotl79

  • kevjardskevjards carlislePosts: 1,463Member

    Originally posted by Valua

    Originally posted by RedKatana

    - Best graphics ever seen in a mmorpg.

    -With recent update combat is the best also, trust me no press 1 press 2 press 3 press 4 and repeat here.

    -Deep crafting with minigame and chance on high quality, endless recipies.

    -It's the game that took a chance on creating some other then a WOW look a like game.

     

    I agree with the best graphics part, I've never seen graphics like them in an MMO, and the crafting is more enjoyable than than crafting in many other games.

     

    But the combat is not the best, it's very similar to everything else. But once it has been updated with 2.0 it should be good. 

    My only gripe with the game .well 2 things actually

    1) The UI is appalling..

    2) lack of content.

    But they are sorting it..i subbed for 6 months but i only log in twice a week just to lvl up..so that i,m at max when 2.0 is released...i just hope they get it right because it amazing to look at i have to say..just a bit laggy..not sure if thats the engine they use..but it seems to take ages to load in major hubs,cities.and i have a top of the range pc..perhaps someone could shed light on the lag or weather its just me and my pc.

  • RedKatanaRedKatana Philadelphia, PAPosts: 211Member

    [Mod Edit]

    Good  times, love it.

  • ZakorZakor Pas de tes affaires, ONPosts: 220Member Common

    I don't hate FFXIV but THE only thing that annoy the f*** out of me to the point that I can't play is : WHEN you get to a merchant to sell/buy a bunch of stuff, get ready to SPEND literally a REAL LIFE hour selling it to the merchant...

    I don't know if it's due to their servers responding too slow, but it doesn't help when you press SELL and it just don't do it as you press it... it takes 5 secs to do it...

    And yes I have an ultra fast computer and good connection. I really doubt the problem would be my computer.

    Just saying, that might be why people are still not ready to go back to it. This is why I'm not re-subbing. I don't have hours to waste only to sell/buy/trade stuff.

    Now playing : FFXIV
    Waiting on : TBD
    Best MMORPGs played : EQ, FFXI

  • fiontarfiontar Dana, MAPosts: 3,719Member

    Well, since I bought an FFXIV Collector's Edition when it came out and still feel burned by the experience, I'll keep an eye on the 2.0 re-release in early 2013, in the hopes of getting something for my money.

    I said shortly after release that the game was literally in a state that it probably needed another two years or more of development time and that all the world maps should have been scratched and redesigned. Well, kudos to SE for actually putting the thing back into development for twp plus years and redesigning the world. The question is "will 2.0 finally be the game that should have been before SE ever considered a launch"? Or, will it just fall short in new ways?

    I guess, in about a year from now, we may find out.

    I actually really hope they pull it off, because if they do and the relaunch manages to not only be good, but successful, it might serve as a lesson to other developers that even if you look at your game as it nears the end of it's planned development time and it's still a complete mess, it might just be better to work on it for another couple years and redo what ever needs to be redone, rather than just squandering all that work and money by launching a game they have to realize is is just not  even close to being release worthy.

    Of course the leap of faith has to be based on some hope that either the developement team can actually do something incredible if given the time, money and task to rebuild the game. Or, if not the original team, maybe a new team that can take what had been done and find a way to rework it into something great?

    I wish SE luck.

    Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated
    image

  • SlayraSlayra AlmadaPosts: 24Member

    I actually got the game today. Was searching amazon for random stuff and remembered to check FFXIV pricetags and got a copy for 5€ wich is essentially nothing. I was eager to give it a try since i played FFXI for a while and really enjoyed it, but now that sort of excitement is all gone, after reading these comments.

    Guess i'll wait until 2.0 to check the game, if nothing else grabs my attention by then (Highly unlikely since i've been waiting for GW2 to come out for what feels like an eternity, and i pre-ordered TERA wich has a really nice, entertaining combat system). Ah well...

  • FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Tempe, AZPosts: 1,036Member

    No way!...jumping!? Awesome!

    Seriously, though, the changes sound good on paper. Again, I'm looking forward to this update. I hope its every bit as good as it sounds. The current "armoury" system is so terrible in my opinion. Definitely looking forward to good old fashioned FF jobs.

  • DeathofsageDeathofsage Winston, PAPosts: 998Member

    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

    Got news for some of you, FF14 turning into a clone of FF11 pre-Goddess is the ONLY way I'll ever touch this game. There are plenty of people who just wanted an update FF11, and FF14 looks like it's trying to become that.

     

    Whether or not it will succeed remains to be seen. You're either going to piss off the people that got used to the solo modes recently introduced to FF11 (not THAT recently, but still) or you're going to piss off the people that missed old school FF11 where you needed a party just to wipe your ass.

     

    Hopefully SE finds a balance somewhere.

    this guy

    this guy wanted an FF11 v2. Give me FF11+



    • Jumping


    • Better mount system


    • More ingame tools. The majority of the people I knew didn't want to use Windower and the like, but the difference in fun factor, even though it was 'cheating'...was phenomenal.

    As I play more MMOs, I only feel more and more like I miss ffxi, but not that Abyssea crap.

    But to me Ninja is the definitive class of XI (even though it was an expansion job) and I really need ninja to be there. Nothing else has ever been so fun.

    Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.
    Placing bets Blizzard's "Titan" will be a wow-clone.

  • BeackerBeacker Newbury, MAPosts: 420Member

    LOL this game already failed. 2.0 isn't going to make it an epic hit either. Game is a flop and will stay that way even with a slight increase of subs. Bad game is bad game.

  • Entropy14Entropy14 Edmonton, ABPosts: 671Member Uncommon

    WEll say what you will about this game, even if 2.0 is finally the one, this game will never take off and get a healthy population , some may come back, but as far as new buyers, wont see too many..

     

    Not with all the releases coming out right away, not with so many playing SWTOR ( yes i know you all hate it, but still lots of people bought it and play, i know you will all say your servers are dead)

     

    And for some , they have such a bitter taste in their mouth of all the failed MMO's of the past 6 years they wont touch this game,  1.7 was suppose to fix it, then 1.8 ect.....

     

    This game will end up like Vanguard if it does get good.  Will be this awesome game that took 2 years too long to get good and no one will care.

  • MetzaMetza lake worth, FLPosts: 160Member

    When they redid the skills and combat late 2011, It felt like the combat slowed down and all i was doing was waiting for tp the whole time, I have a near lvl 20 pugulist and once the change took place almost all of my moves required TP, so fighting a mob solo was half spent just auto attacking and then once enough TP was built up you get to actually play the combat, The most I will do is play the free trial after 2.0 is going live, just to see for myself the changes but as of now I doubt I'll ever put a penny into this game after I got ripped off so bad from buying the box.

    image

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.