Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Guild Summit Coming in March

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Star Wars: The Old Republic team has posted the details for the first ever Guild Summit to be held in Austin, Texas on March 4-6, 2012. The team will be sending out invitations to guild leaders from around the world asking them to attend the summit where they will be able to participate in round table discussions with the dev team and more.

Interested guild leaders should fill out this survey to indicate willingness to participate.

Read more of the Guild Summit details on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Oh what a mistake.  Guild leaders are generally power users.  They have a completely different vision of the game than most players.  CCP tried that with their council and that is a known failure.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I think it's pretty cool. But of course, Bioware just can't do anything right for some people around here. 

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Do attendees get a title for going?
  • lazerwolflazerwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2

Totally agree. Poll ALL of the players not a few in one niche.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Why is it a guild summit and not an open player summit? The equivalent of the SWTOR User Group?

Guild leaders are not the sole voice that is relevant here.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Oh what a mistake.  Guild leaders are generally power users.  They have a completely different vision of the game than most players.  CCP tried that with their council and that is a known failure.

I have nothing to add except that I agree. Well said.

• toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 228

Originally posted by GreenHell

Maybe you should be happy that they are trying to show concern for their game and get ideas and perspective? It is people like you who constantly negative nancy every move they make that tears this community down.

I have listened to the complaints of the game from forums, youtube and listened to my guild members. I will be going to the summit to voice over the concerns of the games current state and future state. Now if you want me to bring anything up and get a discussion rolling let me know and I will add it into my page and a half of notes.

Gaming community: IRONFIST
    New World: Lilith - US East
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
    SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

As someone above said, Guild Leaders are a generally a different beast to the average player. They should invite all, then do a random draw for all that applied. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• waxmaskwaxmask Member UncommonPosts: 55

And don't forget we Europeans are excluded too...Only those US residents have a chance of participating...Feels like a slap to the face...

• udorusudorus Member Posts: 79

oh to be a fly on the wall, god i hope they video record it and then stick it on the net it would produce hours of entertainment!

• KeoghKeogh Member Posts: 1,099

"Invitations to Guild Leaders" AROUND the WORLD. Does not exclude the EU.

READ:

Thanks for applying to be a part of the first Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Guild Summit in Austin! The event will take place from March 4th - 6th, 2012 in Austin, TX. We have a limited amount of space at the event, so if you wish to apply for a spot at the Summit, please fill out the following application. This form will remain open until 11:59PM CST (9:59PM PST) on February 10th (12:59PM EST, 5:59PM GMT, 6:59PM CET on February 11th). Guild leaders will be contacted by February 15th to let them know the status of their application.

All applicants must be 21 years of age or older by March 4th, 2012. Guild leaders selected to attend are responsible for all of their travel, food, and lodging expenses.

International Applicants, please note: You must have a current valid passport and visa (if applicable) in order to attend the event in Austin. The Guild Summit will be conducted in English only. A solid grasp of the English language is required in order to attend.

If you have any other questions, please contact us at [email protected]. Good luck!

All information provided by applicants is collected pursuant to the terms of Electronic Arts, Inc.’s privacy policy

Also keep in mind, the Devs have stated that they want to add elements to the game of intrest too GUILDS. It might be a good idea to ask a few Guilds what it is they need or want.

"Don't corpse-camp that idea. Its never gonna rez"
    Bladezz (The Guild)

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Why just the Guilds?

The biggest problem with this game is for the people who aren't in a Guild who find it difficult to find things to do and stick with the game.

Bioware needs to pick the best critics on the varius MMORPG sites (including their own) and invite those people if they want to save their game, which is clearly sinking pretty fast judging biy the posts on their forum.

And this roundtable is a sign that Bioware gave up and finally is ready to listen to the experts................the player base.

• stefanakisgrstefanakisgr Member UncommonPosts: 38

Originally posted by toljar

Originally posted by GreenHell

Maybe you should be happy that they are trying to show concern for their game and get ideas and perspective? It is people like you who constantly negative nancy every move they make that tears this community down.

I have listened to the complaints of the game from forums, youtube and listened to my guild members. I will be going to the summit to voice over the concerns of the games current state and future state. Now if you want me to bring anything up and get a discussion rolling let me know and I will add it into my page and a half of notes.

While I agree , this is not an entirely valid concern either , a huge percentage of players ARE in guilds , and there's nothing stopping them from expressing their concerns to the guild master . A guild master's duty should be to give voice to all guild members , not to attend the summit with his personal views and agenda only .