Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Press Event for Mists of Pandaria in March

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The official World of Warcraft Twitter has been updated with the announcement that a press tour event for Mists of Pandaria will occur in mid-March and will yield tons of new information about the forthcoming expansion.

Invites going out for Mists of #Pandaria press tour March 13-15. The mists shall part as the seasons turn, and new infos shall be revealed.

What are you looking forward to hearing about after the event? Let us know!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400

I think the think that bugs me more about the expansion is not the pandas.. but the whole asian theme. Just never been a fan of it in any game. Played the starting area at Blizzcon and was just meh.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

"we love China (cash)"

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

i love the chinese theme and te panda's i could even live with.....but the wow community i cant stand anymore....too bad.....wow was a good game.

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290

I love the theme and the changes, shame I quit wow never to return :<

• Draxdk0Draxdk0 Member Posts: 29

lol look at that screenshot.  image

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

Originally posted by Abdar

I think the think that bugs me more about the expansion is not the pandas.. but the whole asian theme. Just never been a fan of it in any game. Played the starting area at Blizzcon and was just meh.

Exactly. I had enough of chinese culture and themes in mmos. That's my issue with this expansion, not the pandas itself.

I always liked warcraft because of it medieval western fantasy tropes mixed with high fantasy. This just ruins warcarft for me and am sad to see a whole expansion dedicated to this and therefore the road the warcarft takes.

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290

Originally posted by oubers

i love the chinese theme and te panda's i could even live with.....but the wow community i cant stand anymore....too bad.....wow was a good game.

So very true, the community at large is so terrible.

I personally haven't been burnt out on asian mmos yet so that's not an issue at least, I think it looks great aesthetically.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    I have always been fascinated by other cultures and the Asian culture is very unique, do you think we can get some more Irish / Scotish mixed in though, I love the spirits and music, we need something like that for the horde so everyone can relax a bit more instead kill first ask questions later mentality. I like the Asian music too but they are to serious.
    Oh and just think about the Asian twist on the gear, that's going to be fun,
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I think it's going to be awesome. I know people hate the pandas, I like the idea, plus the asian themed environments and armors will be cool.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

If blizzard thinks this is going to generate a lot of new interest in Wow, I believe they are sadly mistaken.  Cataclysm was so poorly done, I just do not have any hope this one will be any better and they are rushing this one.

Some people didn't like cata, and some did and continue to. They took a dive in active subs, then it picked up again and the number sits somewhere around 10 million. Personally I thought Wrath was great and cata didn't live up to wrath, I still play though, because even Cata is that much better than everything else on the market. Can blizzcon do better? Is the current product unplayable? Absolutely not, Catacalysm still keeps wow as the premier mmorpg, and if your a vet you might have been dissapointed if your new... You are getting 85 levels and over seven years worth of content. The new guy doesn't have that expectation the vet has.
  • xK3runexK3rune Member Posts: 100

Originally posted by Ozmodan

If blizzard thinks this is going to generate a lot of new interest in Wow, I believe they are sadly mistaken.  Cataclysm was so poorly done, I just do not have any hope this one will be any better and they are rushing this one.

The great one has spoken! I believe you think you know better than a whole company.

• orgashorgash Member Posts: 67

looking forward to the Bard class reveal and well public quests and whatever Blizzard will emmulate from GW2 ..it worked taking stuff from other games and will do GW2 stuff pretty well i think

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

We'll be in attendance, and I personally can't wait to see what they've been hiding since BlizzCon.  I suspect it'll be world PVP related, but then again I'm just wishfully thinking.  Metzen really hinted at the clashing of the two factions again, so I hope they give us the old Tarren Mill feel once more.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

I don't know. I'm still shocked that the Blizzard team has chosen this Panda theme. It's literally so silly that I had thought it was a joke at first.

This honestly seems like a cheap way to gain more of the Asian market. I think this will backfire... big time.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

about the same time as the start of GW2 beta weekends? i wonder which game will get more *positive* attention

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• SluskeSluske Member UncommonPosts: 56

Originally posted by BillMurphy

Metzen really hinted at the clashing of the two factions again, so I hope they give us the old Tarren Mill feel once more.

If world PVP was in the focus, I'd think about dust off the old account.

• PharkasPharkas Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by Sluske

Originally posted by BillMurphy

Metzen really hinted at the clashing of the two factions again, so I hope they give us the old Tarren Mill feel once more.

If world PVP was in the focus, I'd think about dust off the old account.

Yeah, same here. I would come back from some good old fashioned world pvp

• KizzattaKizzatta Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by Abdar

Yes, especially since 4/5 F2P MMORPGs are Asian themed, we absolutely do not need more of this. Overused and stale, I wonder if the new raid bosses will wield Samurai swords and shout profane Chinese dialogue at how much even they think this is retarded?

• KizzattaKizzatta Member Posts: 59

And yeah I realize those are two different cultures, that's the joke ;P

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Originally posted by nyxium

"we love China (cash)"

^^This

WoW is dying, at least in the West, and Blizzard knows it. This is an effort to attract the asian market......which is huge, and milk some more money out of this cash cow. 

I mean, just look at that screenshot. Comical. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom