Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't believe...

elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

saw this thread idea on SWTOR.com and thought I'd start one over here.  It can be funny yet to the point and maybe the devs will take a gander and make necessary changes.  I'll start

I can't believe...

that I have to earn 50+ valor ranks with nothing to show for it until you hit 60. 

that I'm carrying around all these commendations that I can't upgrade, sell or trash because I've out leveled them.

that after finally maxing my craft at 400 I now cannot continue crafting without getting mats from high level and HM FPs.

that the codex isn't bigger and flashier and doesn't act as an achievement tracker but instead acts as a simplified SWTOR lore wiki that I'll never look at.

that I can't steer my ship when and where I want, nor decorate it, color it, or have more than one.

that mounts incrementally increase in speed and yet it feels like I'm still walking or in sprint mode at best and then they have the nerve to charge me upwards of 500k+ credits just to use all mount speeds.

that I can't seem to stop coming up with so many of these to add to this list, so I'll just stop now before I cause a riot.

Comments

• SadOldGamerSadOldGamer Member Posts: 18

I can't believe you are still playing...

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by SadOldGamer

I can't believe you are still playing...

Oh trust me, I unsubbed this week.  However, that doesn't mean I won't try the game again in the future.  I did it with Lotro 2 years after it launched and had a complete change of heart with it due to all the patches and changes they had made.  I hope the same happens with SWTOR, hence the purpose of this thread.

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

comms go in the currency tab so not sure how that bothers you, not like its taking up bag space

crafting, same deal as WoW

and 500k credits for an "epic" mount is not a lot, its feasible to get that by lvl 40

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

I cant believe....... that some people are smart enough, that when they see a dogpie they avoid it, and others need to actually go step in it and complain while they clean it off there shoes.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by 77lolmac77

comms go in the currency tab so not sure how that bothers you, not like its taking up bag space

crafting, same deal as WoW

and 500k credits for an "epic" mount is not a lot, its feasible to get that by lvl 40

These are pet peeves, they may not bother YOU, but they bother me.  Also, I wouldn't mind the cost for the mounts IF they had any noticeable difference in speed.  THEY DON'T.

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

If i were to still be playing it would be for the story and that's it. End game is the same old thing. I don't see how any one in any game could find that fun.

• TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400

... I actually bothered reading this thread.

• udorusudorus Member Posts: 79

I cant believe... i resubbed to wow, i know im terribly ashamed and full of remorse but the load screens are short, the corridors are a little bit wider and i actually saw anothe player this morning, heck there were 2 of them together and  the servers were up!

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by elocke

saw this thread idea on SWTOR.com and thought I'd start one over here.  It can be funny yet to the point and maybe the devs will take a gander and make necessary changes.  I'll start

I can't believe...

that I have to earn 50+ valor ranks with nothing to show for it until you hit 60. 

that I'm carrying around all these commendations that I can't upgrade, sell or trash because I've out leveled them.

that after finally maxing my craft at 400 I now cannot continue crafting without getting mats from high level and HM FPs.

that the codex isn't bigger and flashier and doesn't act as an achievement tracker but instead acts as a simplified SWTOR lore wiki that I'll never look at.

that I can't steer my ship when and where I want, nor decorate it, color it, or have more than one.

that mounts incrementally increase in speed and yet it feels like I'm still walking or in sprint mode at best and then they have the nerve to charge me upwards of 500k+ credits just to use all mount speeds.

that I can't seem to stop coming up with so many of these to add to this list, so I'll just stop now before I cause a riot.

1. The valor ranks is pretty lame

2. So? They aren't taking up any bag space. Why does this matter?

3. The whole crafting system in this game should be an "I can't believe". Anyone perfectly fine with the rest of it yet thinks this is problematic...yeah...not worth going into again. Finally maxing it? Like it is even remotely difficult to do.

4. Kind of agree with the codex thing. Achievements aren't my cup of tea but certainly would have added value for some that enjoy those. No doubt.

5. The whole space portion of this game is simplistic to no end. I would have rather they left it out for now and focused on some other things.  Then with an expansion added this portion with some more in depth elements to it across the board. However, that probably would have led to even more fury from many. At the very least there should be some PvP element to it for crying out loud.

6. I notice a difference. Not sure what to say about this. Not so much between the different tiers of speeders until you're riding with others that don't have the ugrades. Certainly stands out then. Riding a speeder in general certainly doesn't feel anything remotely the same as walking or sprinting in this game.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I can't believe...

This is one i definitely don't understand, the option was there in beta to trade in comms from one planet to the next, yet not at launch. Mind boggling..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Amen to that one.

I could add a lot to the list but I gots to rush to work. *rushes off*

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Originally posted by Distopia

I can't believe...

This is one i definitely don't understand, the option was there in beta to trade in comms from one planet to the next, yet not at launch. Mind boggling..

Seems to be a common theme. Lots of features in beta that were taken out for the release.

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

As people are having hard time contributing to the topic and just rip your words apart, here's my take:

• Why phase PvP areas, not that there's many players in them anyway.

• Why did they spill jam all over the warzones, people are on bullet time there. Soooo slow movement.

• Why not add some CC to PvP. Last night I was over 10 seconds not CCd in a warzone. And diminishing returns are for wussies.

• Why add bonus quests to quest log, you can't cancel them and most of the time (I) didn't even want them

{mod edit}

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Originally posted by Scorchien

I cant believe....... that some people are smart enough, that when they see a dogpie they avoid it, and others need to actually go step in it and complain while they clean it off there shoes.

lool

• SagasaintSagasaint Member UncommonPosts: 466

I cant believe they spent a zillion in voiceovers and cutscenes, and then went with a garbage engine absolutly unsuited for MMOs that is killing their game at a ludicrous speed.

I cant believe they accepted Mythic to work with them, after they killed DAOC and totally ruined WAR. Its amazing that those mofos still get a job in the industry as the coffee guys, let alone programmers.

• TeiloTeilo Member Posts: 284

Originally posted by DJJazzy

I can't believe...

Seems to be a common theme. Lots of features in beta that were taken out for the release.

Probably makes for quick wins in content patches.

"oh look, we finally put in that thing that everyone said should be in there and was actually in beta at one point"

I played beta for a week back in November 2010, I spent the first day playing my Trooper after release trying to convince myself I must have imagined the 'match colours to chest armour' option!

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

Originally posted by Teilo

Originally posted by DJJazzy

I can't believe...

Probably makes for quick wins in content patches.

"oh look, we finally put in that thing that everyone said should be in there and was actually in beta at one point"

I played beta for a week back in November 2010, I spent the first day playing my Trooper after release trying to convince myself I must have imagined the 'match colours to chest armour' option!

Well, beta ~is~ beta after all. Could be they wanted to change some stuff about the things they removed. That is kind of the purpose of beta testing...to find out what needs to be tweaked.

I didn't play beta so I dont know what features were there that aren't there now, but I'm sure whatever it was, they're probably just adjusting. The real issue is probably that they released the game too soon. Most likely due to greedy non-gamer investor bullying. Such is the nature of EA.

Originally posted by cura

{mod edit}

I cant believe there are no chat bubbles in the game.

I cant believe they released game with so much broken sound system. I feel like i dont hear half of the sounds.

I cant believe they made so inconvenient auction system.

I cant believe they didnt made NPCs in cities more dynamic. There should be more chat between them etc.

I cant believe they made my personal starship more an inconvenience then a feature to the point i would prefer it is not in the game.

I cant believe they implemented "valor" - pvp stat on gear. I absolutely hate collecting and changing gear for different activities beside RP. 

Otherwise im still having much fun with the game and dont see it changing soon.

Really? I've had some graphical glitches, performance glitches, quickbar glitches, even a crash or two, but the sound has worked perfectly for me so far. Maybe its your sound card?

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

I cant believe they released game with so much broken sound system. I feel like i dont hear half of the sounds.

I cant believe they didnt made NPCs in cities more dynamic. There should be more chat between them etc.

I have problems with sounds too, sometimes there's sound when zone loads, other times there isn't. It's a definite bug.

NPC sometimes chat. Just yesterday in Taris I took a taxi to the spacestation and route went through some tunnel. NPC disgussion started once the glider exited the tunnel (must've went past some trigger point) and it went on and on past another taxi waypoint and was continuing when I landed to the destination.

It was on when I clicked the questgiver and got the spacebar-mater... eh interesting cutscene and was playing on top of the cutscene voice overs. I found it so humorous, I didn't even spacebar the conversation I had with a guestgiver image

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

Originally posted by udorus

I cant believe... i resubbed to wow, i know im terribly ashamed and full of remorse but the load screens are short, the corridors are a little bit wider and i actually saw anothe player this morning, heck there were 2 of them together and  the servers were up!

Theres no shame in paying for a polished product, ive been roaming about on a free account considering whether or not to sub again. The server ill be playing on has a medium/high population too.

Originally posted by dreamsofwar

Originally posted by udorus

Theres no shame in paying for a polished product, ive been roaming about on a free account considering whether or not to sub again. The server ill be playing on has a medium/high population too.

...Your opinion.

a polished turd

...my opinion.

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

I can't believe how shallow the game is.  The list of BioWare promises is longer than the games actual features.  Don't get me wrong - it does questing better than any MMO I've ever played.  But that's the ONLY thing it does better :(

Originally posted by FrostWyrm

Really? I've had some graphical glitches, performance glitches, quickbar glitches, even a crash or two, but the sound has worked perfectly for me so far. Maybe its your sound card?

Somebody on official forums told me its known issue. For example i cant hear sound of somebodys standing next to me lightsabre, almost never can hear other peoples speeders and sound of mine often disappears. Cant hear droid servomotors and rarely can hear sound of lifts also. Ive reinstalled system lately and it didnt change anything. I am using SB X-FI.

Huh...maybe I've just been lucky.

• MattNeMattNe Member Posts: 90

I can't believe how many posters have 'quit' but still post their hate.

Must be like those couples in High-school, that break up and spend the rest of the year complaining about how the other person is standing over there.

I call that jealousy.

In other news, I have SUPER short load times, FPS over 60 no matter where Im at.

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

I can't believe it's not butter.

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

This discussion has been closed.