Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: New Version Goes Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Warhammer Online team has announced that v1.4.5 has been deployed. The Warhammer Herald has a highlights list that goes into detail about the most significant changes.

• Relics: Players can search tunnels under fortresses to find arcane relics.

• Fortresses have, because of the new relics, become "strategic footholds for realms to invade and defend.

• Grovod Cavern has returned to the game. Players duke it out underground.

• Scenario Shake Up: Some scenarios are headed into the vault for now while others have had a tier change and yet others are returning to the game with some minor changes. All of the alterations to the scenarios were made in response to player feedback.

Read the full post on the Warhammer Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

I enjoy this game, but I'll temper that with the fact that I've not experienced much of it. My plan was to get back in in March and play to cap.

I'd like to hear thoughts on these changes from experienced players.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Is still getting updated?

I would totally play it if EA was not so determined in burying it and instead making it f2p

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• anthonypenaanthonypena Member Posts: 131

The population is great on badlands alot of people playingatm   ... tier2-3 is like mid game of course is not as full as t4 t1 but alot games seem a lil epmty mid game   come back this game is not dieing !!! its a blast to play!

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Originally posted by anthonypena

The population is great on badlands alot of people playingatm   ... tier2-3 is like mid game of course is not as full as t4 t1 but alot games seem a lil epmty mid game   come back this game is not dieing !!! its a blast to play!

I dont know if  I should trust on you

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

bioware drove the final nails into to coffin like 14 months back with their wow style e-peen gear and RVR for dummies 1.4 "expansion"

• anthonypenaanthonypena Member Posts: 131

Originally posted by dinams

U wont regret it all these people are just to critical the game is doing good the pop is getting better and better maybe not in HEAPS but a steady growth

[Mod Edit]

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

The game that broke my heart. So much to love about it, so great this could have been, yet all it managed at the end was to leave me crying.

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

I am sure the remaining 400-500 players out of 800.000 are happy with this update :)

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Of course its great on Badlands, if you close all the other NA servers and cram every one left onto one, that one looks busy.  Not really a positive though.

• demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438

If you want RvR action this is still the place to go. Sadly, its become more of a gear grind.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

Originally posted by dinams

U wont regret it all these people hateing are just trolls or just to critical the game is doing good the pop is getting better and better maybe not in HEAPS but a steady growth

i played the game for 2 years, I put up with the early bugs becasue i saw the potential.  1.3 period was ace, then they kicked all the mythic people out, we got bioware in charge and what happened? 1. bloody 4 happened.

biowares forte is PVE, why the hell didn't they work on the PVE, instead they messed with the RVR and put in stupid rez inside keep, essentially made it timed bullshit like lake wintergrasp in wow, and for good measure introduced wow style "wtfpwn" gear.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

left WoW in 10/11(right after i left Blizzcon), revisited the F2p -resubed, Been playing  since- only regret was ever leaving it in 2008.

this is the Best PvP mmo game out there next  to eveonline (which ive played for 4yrs prior to WoW).

Badlands is the place to be.  iam looking forward to these RvR changes!

Warhammer online is not for everyone-which is the bonus factor!

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Originally posted by augustgrace

Of course its great on Badlands, if you close all the other NA servers and cram every one left onto one, that one looks busy.  Not really a positive though.

If you have plenty of people to play with why would players care how many servers there are? Not a positive for the developers sure but for the players it sure is. 

• onilisonilis Member Posts: 15

Had fun with this game until the endgame when all anyone wants to do is siege push back and forth forever in a sea of swords lag and rude comments.

What is it called when you troll a person for posting a honest to god negative comment based on their personal experience in a game?

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Lol, reintroduction of removed content, a scenario shakeup and relics....relics are everyone's favorite from DAoC right?  At least they are still doing patches, wouldn't really call this new content.  Gah wish they would shut it down already.

And yeah, of course the one server left has population.  The 1,000 (that's a generous estimate) people left playing can only play on one server :D

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by Worstluck

Lol, reintroduction of removed content, a scenario shakeup and relics....relics are everyone's favorite from DAoC right?  At least they are still doing patches, wouldn't really call this new content.  Gah wish they would shut it down already.

And yeah, of course the one server left has population.  The 1,000 (that's a generous estimate) people left playing can only play on one server :D

I haven't played this in over a year, but do you really think that EA would keep the game open if it only had 1k subs?  Pay the licsensing fee and all?  I don't.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Originally posted by niceguy3978

I haven't played this in over a year, but do you really think that EA would keep the game open if it only had 1k subs?  Pay the licsensing fee and all?  I don't.

They have more than 1,000 subs.  Was just thinking in terms of constitently active players.  A little over a year ago, when there still 5 NA servers, there were still only a few thousand active players.  Unfortunately around that time they disabled the Realm War.  The Realm War listed all the players (like WoW armory) and allowed us to extract data and activity levels.  They stated that there were some security issues for it coming down, but it never came back up. 

• BrodterBrodter Member Posts: 73
    Is this game free2play?

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Last time I played this to T4 the gear gap was so massive that I didn't have the dedication to catch up. Nothing like having zero chance in T4 when you finally do reach it.

• ProPatriaProPatria Member Posts: 30

Has the MASSIVE disadvantage of moving into T4 from T3 and getting WIPED continuosly been sorted out??  I remember moving into T4 and being next to useless against all the peeps with uber gear...forced to run around in the middle of a zerg and leech realm points over and over and over...

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

Originally posted by ProPatria

Has the MASSIVE disadvantage of moving into T4 from T3 and getting WIPED continuosly been sorted out??  I remember moving into T4 and being next to useless against all the peeps with uber gear...forced to run around in the middle of a zerg and leech realm points over and over and over...

lol...yeah join the club,

Burned out at the T3-T4 grind also before the RR expac.Thought about giving it ago a while back post the RR expac but hear its even more tedious now.

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

Nice, I'll surely give this another run after my TOR free month expires...

I always liked the PvP in this game. Class design, combat (even though it's laggy) and art also stand out for me.

Last time I played though, scenarios were totally dead in T2/3, people were farming renown but the new siege system they had was no good.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Terrible MMO.

Shut down Mythic.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

Originally posted by TheHavok

Terrible MMO.

Shut down Mythic.

if YOU say so....  /end sarcasm

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Gah wish they would shut it down already.

Just curious, why do you care if the game is still running or not ?

Just thought i would add, unless Mythick/Bioware/EA adds in a third faction, i could never go back to playing this game again, and that is pretty much never going to happen.

Here is hoping TSW (The Secret World) will have the proper PvP environment, and be less buggy than Age of Conan and Anarchy Online's releases.

WAR had such potential, but it is clear they were hampered by there own hubris.

Lolipops !