Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Closed Beta 3 Impressions

12346»

Comments

• SinellaSinella Member UncommonPosts: 343

Originally posted by qazqaz123

Originally posted by Sinella

Originally posted by crash3713

Originally posted by Sinella

Atlanta ? What makes you think that ? The servers are most likely in Korea.

http://archeagefans.com/ (AAsource). Its one of their little gee whiz facts about the game

Can you link the exact source, please ? I'm not able to find it on that site.

You can find it useing GOOGLE and it says:

ArcheAgeSource.com is hosted on a server located near Atlanta.

All it takes is some reading comphrehenzion and some google skills :)

I'm confused...I thought we were talking about the game servers. What a fansite webserver has to do with the game servers which are most likely in Korea ?

• ronssonronsson Member UncommonPosts: 20

While you're waiting you could try Wurm Online for free. It has quite a lot of these features alredy in place including terraforming, mounts, boats and player built settlements. What it still lacks is better graphics. Just saying some of you may have missed it. If you waited 15 years it might be worth an hour or two of you time.

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

I also think this will the first MMORPG supporting hexacores its looking so damn beautiful. Too bad you cant  join it outside of korea.

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• melton80melton80 Member Posts: 54

Wurm online is crap and has hidden charges for certain things like land deeds etc etc, if anyone thinks about playing it, make sure to read the FaQ and their boards, cause it isn't free

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

Sounds quite good!

I am just scared of the grind. If i hear it's not too much of a killer (grinding without quests or some set goal jst to get another level is not something i can stand) i could even buy it when it's out!

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

This game looks amazing...can't wait.  Wish it wasn't tab target...and that it was instead actually aim to target...but i can get over it if the game is going to be as good as I think. 

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417

Originally posted by ronsson

While you're waiting you could try Wurm Online for free. It has quite a lot of these features alredy in place including terraforming, mounts, boats and player built settlements. What it still lacks is better graphics. Just saying some of you may have missed it. If you waited 15 years it might be worth an hour or two of you time.

/agree

Most features exists already in Wurm

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226

To the guys who were talking about server location:

ArcheAgeSource.com is on a server in Atlanta.

The ArcheAge servers are in Korea.

They are not connected in any way. :)

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

Nice review, been keeping my eye on AA for some time, and have had some serious questions, which this article actually answered some.

I was very surprised to see a level system in a agme that is slated as Sandbox, but now I realise that it is not really a sandbox. It takes elements from both standards, and tries to blend them.

If done right it can work well I beleive. I also like their philosophy on PKing. And also like thatthe game has a Strong PvP element. (It is important to say that to me PKing and PvP are two distinct activities) and while I love PvPing I do not enjoy PKing all the time, at least not when PKing doe snot have its penalty. Meaning that when someone choses to PK, there should be consequences to that choice and since PKing is synonimous to commiting a crime in my Book. On the other hand PvP is the legit under certain circumstances.

So not unlike how we used to see the whole thing in UO, PKing is equivalent to someone commiting murder, while PvP is when two Factions go at war and people fight it out.

In Uo if you murdered enough time you were punished by being flagged Red and could not have access to many towns not access to vendors etc, you were an outcast there was a penalty for your choice of action.

And it seems this one will have something similar too with the blood evidence systema nd Court/jail system.

It sounds interesting :)

Cheers!

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Nice preview.This will probably be the only game i will play.

This looks like a true mmo masterpiece.Lets hope it will work as intended.