Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perfect example of how WoW killed mmo pvp

Here is a test. See how far you can make it into this video before you want to kill a kitten

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnKYF_ZZQDE&feature=g-all-u&context=G280e043FAAAAAAAAAAA

I got up 17:11 before he compared skills levels in TOR and WoW. This guy plays a LOLPaly btw.

Comments

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

i watched most of it skipped couple parts.. but he does make a lot of good points on why I also feel many people mostly interested in pvp at endgame are going to be leaving this game.. bottom line though pvp should be fun and for me pvp in this game is not fun.. I haven't played wow in years and when I did I never really pvped so can't really compare any feelings there.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by sanosukex

I haven't played wow in years and when I did I never really pvped so can't really compare any feelings there.

This video is WoW fanboi 101. The entire video is full of deflections and pretty much alot of made up stuff. I am not exactly a huge TOR fan at all, but WoW fans flat out lying or praising Blizzard like they have been perfect for years in the pvp department of all places is just outrageous.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Puremallace

I haven't played wow in years and when I did I never really pvped so can't really compare any feelings there.

This video is WoW fanboi 101. The entire video is full of deflections and pretty much alot of made up stuff. I am not exactly a huge TOR fan at all, but WoW fans flat out lying or praising Blizzard like they have been perfect for years in the pvp department of all places is just outrageous.

like I said haven't played wow in so many years I can't make a comparison.. but a lot of points he made like the knockbacks, the stuns, the lack of interesting abilities, the crappy talent trees all that stuff is very valid and I think why many people won't stay... pvp wise at least

• cscurlockcscurlock Member Posts: 38

Well not going to lie.  You have to compare it to wow.  They made a wow clone. 

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

I play MMOs to experience large-scale virtual worlds. Instanced 5v5 or 8v8 PvP is not large scale by any means.

The REAL REASON people play them match after match is for the gear incentive...

Battlegrounds is just a cheap and lazy way to say that their game has PvP.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Yesterday puppet pooped on a carpet . I blame WoW

• CavodCavod Member Posts: 295

I couldn't get past 5 minutes.  At first the guy seemed reasonable and logical and I thought it was going to be an enjoyable listen with some of my own sentiments mirrored.  Instead I got things like this:

@2:32

"these stupid operatives are two hitting me out of stealth, like a rogue who does ambush ambush back in vanilla WoW and kills you"

@3:06

"that's one reason I did not have fun because I was just raging in guild chat every day for all kinds of reasons; for bugs, for glitches, for PvP balance and game design, everything"

@3:18

"perfection is warcraft, it's hard to find a bug in warcraft.  and pvp balance is so polished, it's really hard to disagree with that"

@3:45

"but I forced myself to get gear so I could legitimately judge the game"

@4:06

"I should be feeling a big difference between when i dinged 50 and when I got this gear and I'm not"

@4:15

"my heals are bigger, i have more health and people do less damage to me but that doesn't change the whole game design, that doesn't change the way I heal.  that doesn't give me more abilities.  you know, getting more gear isn't going to change how i heal.  all it's going to do is make me tougher and heal more, that's it."

Then he goes on to talk about knockbacks and huttball and how the whole uniqueness and allure of huttball PvP is frustrating to him... and I lost the game at this point as I couldn't take it anymore.

Now I get it, some people expect every MMO dev to learn from every other MMO dev's mistakes. (despite the fact that some can't even learn from themselves)  I also get that some people expect a newly launched game to be equal to that of an 8 year old game.  However, just because I understand people feel this way doesn't make the notions any less absurd.

As Puremallace said, "This video is WoW fan*** 101."

We really need separate forums for every newly launched game. There can be the anti-<MMO> one and there can be the 'what general discussion should be' one. All the lamenting can happen together where each can find solace in like minded can't-move-on-ers leaving the rest of us to actually move forward and discuss meaningful and relevant topics.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Some of his gripes are legit, but his comparasin of SWTOR to WOW, no matter how he tries to justify it, is just not kosher.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

OMG ITS NOT LIKE WOW!!!!

thats the vibe i got indeed.

and lol at the when i get gear im tougher and heal better part..(like it should be) i mean do you get new abilities you can use spontaniously in wow? no

this guy is on crack.

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

30 minutes of  "They should have just copied WOW".....

Crazy part is i thought they already did....

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Puremallace

Well I haven't played much WoW PvP, or much WoW at all, but for sure it cant be worse than SW:TORs?

I mean the some skills are so out of wack that some classes are just horribly imbalanced which makes the PvP just a huge LOLFaceRoll nonsense without much room for tactic.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

The guy in the video is right.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by youngkg

They did but they didn't fully commit to becoming a true WoW clone (like Rift did). Which is why they forego'd: smooth combat without ability delay, training dummies, combat log, etc. image

• KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262

I never would want to kill a kitten 

Originally posted by Master10K

Originally posted by youngkg

They did but they didn't fully commit to becoming a true WoW clone (like Rift did). Which is why they forego'd: smooth combat without ability delay, training dummies, combat log, etc. image

For future reference...if your going in...go all the way?

Originally posted by Kwintpod

I never would want to kill a kitten 

you obviously didnt reach the 15 min mark.....

• EnoshEnosh Member Posts: 140

Originally posted by precious328

I play MMOs to experience large-scale virtual worlds. Instanced 5v5 or 8v8 PvP is not large scale by any means.

good for you

I play MMOs to play with a few other people in small organized pvp or small organized pve

This discussion has been closed.