Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

SWTOR: not the whipping boy you are looking for

124

Comments

  • ZorgoZorgo Deepintheheartof, TXPosts: 2,226Member

    I can imagine a scenario where a game about 'the journey' is released, and the boards light up with 'xp is slow to hide thin content' -or- 'xp is slow so they can milk your sub for as long as possible to hit max'.

    I remember these complaints from EQ anyway, and I'd imagine history would repeat itself.

    In addition, I'm not sure devs consciously are trying to push you to an endgame they don't really have at release. If devs really thought all we wanted was end game, they'd focus on developing endgame and thin out the journey.

    Honestly, I think they simply have miscalculated. It doesn't make sense to have a fast xp curve in these recently released games whenthere is no end game. I can't discribe it as anything other than an out and out mistake.

    Of course, to hit the perfect balance between lengthening the levelling process while not making it seem that the game is full of timesinks toward that aim, well.....let's just say it hasn't happened often in mmo history, and the ones that did have it, only held it temporarily (EQ/WoW for ex.).

    I think all in all, SWTOR is a decently paced game, and it seems that there is enough to explore and do to tied me over until the content is ahead of me, and if not, there are plenty of fun mmo's out there right now I can choose from.

    Which, in the end is still a better option to have than the old days. Now, at least when we are waiting for new content, there is something else to play.

  • troublmakertroublmaker St. George''s, NFPosts: 337Member

    Originally posted by precious328

    They didn't even bother to look at the horrible track record of Pure Theme Parks, e.g., Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Star Trek Online, Aion, etc.

    I think you're wrong on this note.  First things first, Age of Conan was not released at first as a theme park.  It only had enough quests to get you to level 30ish and by that point you were PvPing or grinding your way to level cap.  People leveled as guilds in PvP, not as individuals being directed through a leveling path.  The same is true in Aion in which you had a problem of leveling gaps.  I know they're designed as theme parks... but they didn't end up being.

    Star Trek Online is also a game that wasn't a pure theme park.  It had a free universe to explore and tones of random missions you could do.  People didn't like how open it was.  After a year the developers made it even more sandboxish by implementing the armory so that players could invent their own missions.  Star Trek Online is an example of one of the few sandboxes to come out in recent years.... definitely not a pure theme park by any means.

    People make this unfortunate mistake of assuming that every game that is totally instanced is theme park and all games that  are free roam are sandbox.  This would of course lead people to believe that Minecraft is actually a theme park.

    I will also say I think you're wrong on Bioware not learning their lesson.  While all of the games you listed launched with incomplete theme park experiences (which disappointed people heavily) SWTOR came with not one but eight unique leveling experiences with no gaps in them.

    SWTOR also did a very unique launch, they only launched a limited number of servers, they only allowed so many people into the game and they gated their growth heavily.

    If anything what Bioware learned from all of this is that you can't produe enough content to appease the 5% of the game who will consume everything in under a week.  You have to try and stretch out the content you have the best you can.  My best example of this is how the game slows down ever so slightly when you group with people to gain the all so prescious social experience.

    Website: http://www.thegameguru.me / YouTube:

  • MajinashMajinash st louis, MOPosts: 1,320Member

    Originally posted by troublmaker

    I think you're wrong on this note.  First things first, Age of Conan was not released at first as a theme park.  It only had enough quests to get you to level 30ish and by that point you were PvPing or grinding your way to level cap.  People leveled as guilds in PvP, not as individuals being directed through a leveling path.  The same is true in Aion in which you had a problem of leveling gaps.  I know they're designed as theme parks... but they didn't end up being.

    You really don't understand what a Themepark or Sandbox game is if you think that quests are the difference.

    Everything creates huge amounts of negativity on the internet, that's what the internet is for: Negativity, porn and lolcats.

  • MephsterMephster Tyria, NJPosts: 1,188Member

    TOR was he same old same old mmo from the past excluding full VO. Thats it. Today if you are not innovating for the better then you will get bashed on a daily basis. it is just that simple.

    Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

    http://www.grimdawn.com/

  • SkillCosbySkillCosby Trenton, MIPosts: 684Member

    Originally posted by Warmaker

    Back to me being more pertaining to the topic.

    SWTOR is the primary, most high profile whipping boy for what's wrong with the MMORPG genre.  The answers are blatantly easy.

    1.  Despite BioWare being one of the most popular developers in any game genre around, for all their reputation, they fear straying away from all the things WoW has done.  So... another WoW Clone, in a sea of WoW Clones.

    2.  Limited PvP:  Heavily instanced based.  See my complaints about instanced vs old school open world PvP in one of my earlier posts.  The developers by design relegated PvP into a tiny, empty shoebox and stuffed it under the bed to be forgotten about.

    3.  Excessive Single Player Focus:  Come on, NPCs that can fill out your party and craft gear for you too?  SWTOR continues the trend of destroying completely community interdependency and cohesiveness.  I say again, SWTOR is a SPRPG that requires an internet connection, nothing more.

    4.  Lack of things to do outside combat.  Very plain and simple.

    5.  Lastly, despite the time and outrageous amount of money SWTOR received for development, the only thing that positively stands out with the game is... voiceovers.  Yes, voiceovers, and lots of them.  Seriously?!?  After all that time and money, the only thing that stands out is voiceovers?  Instead of text telling you to skin 10 Jawas, a voice actor tells you to skin 10 Jawas?

     

    How can SWTOR not be the poster child for what's wrong with MMORPGs?  You have developers with the name "BioWare," have ample time, and have the cash that 99% of other developers can only dream of getting, have the fabled "Star Wars" IP, and the end result is... SWTOR.

    This. This. This.

    Another thing that is annoying about SWTOR is the extreme typecasting.

    Example: Every Smuggler must look and act just like Han Solo. It's just cheesy ;/

  • NildenNilden null, NBPosts: 1,284Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by precious328

    Originally posted by Warmaker

    Back to me being more pertaining to the topic.

    SWTOR is the primary, most high profile whipping boy for what's wrong with the MMORPG genre.  The answers are blatantly easy.

    1.  Despite BioWare being one of the most popular developers in any game genre around, for all their reputation, they fear straying away from all the things WoW has done.  So... another WoW Clone, in a sea of WoW Clones.

    2.  Limited PvP:  Heavily instanced based.  See my complaints about instanced vs old school open world PvP in one of my earlier posts.  The developers by design relegated PvP into a tiny, empty shoebox and stuffed it under the bed to be forgotten about.

    3.  Excessive Single Player Focus:  Come on, NPCs that can fill out your party and craft gear for you too?  SWTOR continues the trend of destroying completely community interdependency and cohesiveness.  I say again, SWTOR is a SPRPG that requires an internet connection, nothing more.

    4.  Lack of things to do outside combat.  Very plain and simple.

    5.  Lastly, despite the time and outrageous amount of money SWTOR received for development, the only thing that positively stands out with the game is... voiceovers.  Yes, voiceovers, and lots of them.  Seriously?!?  After all that time and money, the only thing that stands out is voiceovers?  Instead of text telling you to skin 10 Jawas, a voice actor tells you to skin 10 Jawas?

     

    How can SWTOR not be the poster child for what's wrong with MMORPGs?  You have developers with the name "BioWare," have ample time, and have the cash that 99% of other developers can only dream of getting, have the fabled "Star Wars" IP, and the end result is... SWTOR.

    This. This. This.

    Another thing that is annoying about SWTOR is the extreme typecasting.

    Example: Every Smuggler must look and act just like Han Solo. It's just cheesy ;/

    I would like to add that once the story ends there is little in the way of keeping me. Due to feeling like the game is over. In fact I never want to see story in an MMORPG again. Not as a main focus. I should be able to make my own story. THE PLAYERS SHOULD HAVE THE FREEDOM in an MMO to make thier own stories. Well in any game I want to pay a sub for...

    Plus reasons 1, 2, and 4 lead to nothing wanting me to retain a subscription.

    Agree with this is. SWTOR should be MISTER WHIPPING BOY.

    How to post links.

    "classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon
    Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

  • SkillCosbySkillCosby Trenton, MIPosts: 684Member

    Originally posted by stayontarget

    Well the way I see it is SWG was buggy as hell yet people still played it,  kinda like SW:Tor in that regard.  People like the damnedest things.

    SWG was popular before the MMO genre took off. WoW, however, set a huge financial precedent after just a few years post-launch. The profit they generated was toxic. LA / SOE wanted those number$ for SWG, so they had revamped the entire game to appeal to a more massive and less complex audience.

    SWG-Sandbox didn't fail; SWG-Theme Park did.

  • rissiesrissies aurora, COPosts: 161Member
    Just because a game seems like it's on a short set of rails doesn't mean you actually have to follow that path. I like to just do my own thing when it comes to rift, leveling is something that just happened after awhile, not my main goal
  • IsaneIsane EnglandPosts: 2,629Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Brenelael

    This is exactly why I've given up on the genre for now. I like the journey more than the destination... always have. In new games it seems the journey 9 times out of 10 is a very narrow corridor funneling all players toward the end game. I couldn't give a rats ass about 'end game'. I'm hoping that ArcheAge coming from an Asian developer with a lot of sandbox elements will break this trend but I'm not holding my breath either. Lineage II was the last game I played that put the journey first but even that has been highly sped up with their F2P conversion. Hopefully the creator of the original Lineage and Lineage II Jake Song can recapture what I miss about MMOs with his new project ArcheAge.

     

    Bren

    The only games these days that provide anything nearing soem longevity are MUDs with small communities of 60-100 people. A lot more enjoyable than the trash dished up these days .... If you wnat an interesting read go look up "Citadel of Sorcery".

    Their main aim is to re-introduce a challenging Quest based game; With it's roots based around developing charachters; The game has no endgame but has god like beings in the game from day one enter their lands and you are dead. Something that if they deliver should revolutionise the genre and provide some of us with a real game to play with content that is always unique with true charachter histories woven into every quest you ever get.

    Look it up it will make you smile (just the concept will), the world is the size of the  Earth.

     

     

    ________________________________________________________
    Sorcery must persist, the future is the Citadel 

  • SkillCosbySkillCosby Trenton, MIPosts: 684Member

    Originally posted by nilden

    Originally posted by precious328

    Originally posted by Warmaker

    Back to me being more pertaining to the topic.

    SWTOR is the primary, most high profile whipping boy for what's wrong with the MMORPG genre.  The answers are blatantly easy.

    1.  Despite BioWare being one of the most popular developers in any game genre around, for all their reputation, they fear straying away from all the things WoW has done.  So... another WoW Clone, in a sea of WoW Clones.

    2.  Limited PvP:  Heavily instanced based.  See my complaints about instanced vs old school open world PvP in one of my earlier posts.  The developers by design relegated PvP into a tiny, empty shoebox and stuffed it under the bed to be forgotten about.

    3.  Excessive Single Player Focus:  Come on, NPCs that can fill out your party and craft gear for you too?  SWTOR continues the trend of destroying completely community interdependency and cohesiveness.  I say again, SWTOR is a SPRPG that requires an internet connection, nothing more.

    4.  Lack of things to do outside combat.  Very plain and simple.

    5.  Lastly, despite the time and outrageous amount of money SWTOR received for development, the only thing that positively stands out with the game is... voiceovers.  Yes, voiceovers, and lots of them.  Seriously?!?  After all that time and money, the only thing that stands out is voiceovers?  Instead of text telling you to skin 10 Jawas, a voice actor tells you to skin 10 Jawas?

     

    How can SWTOR not be the poster child for what's wrong with MMORPGs?  You have developers with the name "BioWare," have ample time, and have the cash that 99% of other developers can only dream of getting, have the fabled "Star Wars" IP, and the end result is... SWTOR.

    This. This. This.

    Another thing that is annoying about SWTOR is the extreme typecasting.

    Example: Every Smuggler must look and act just like Han Solo. It's just cheesy ;/

    I would like to add that once the story ends there is little in the way of keeping me. Due to feeling like the game is over. In fact I never want to see story in an MMORPG again. Not as a main focus. I should be able to make my own story. THE PLAYERS SHOULD HAVE THE FREEDOM in an MMO to make thier own stories. Well in any game I want to pay a sub for...

    Plus reasons 1, 2, and 4 lead to nothing wanting me to retain a subscription.

    Agree with this is. SWTOR should be MISTER WHIPPING BOY.

    I agree. I never felt like "me" in SWTOR.  It felt like a damn movie.

    If a game must have questing, then it should be non-personal.

  • BossalinieBossalinie Hattiesburg, MSPosts: 683Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by wormywyrm

    Originally posted by precious328


    Originally posted by Snaylor47


    Originally posted by precious328

    Like I said before, if there is ever a AAA-funded sandbox MMO, the genre will change for the better.

    And when I say sandbox, I'm not refering to these hardcore first-person pov games like Mortal Online. I'm talking about a game that is loaded with both content and player-driven content.

    SWG... Also had the SW name and was still a failure in the eyes of the very devs who created it.

    I think what you typed is absolutly BS the reason being that I once tried to get about 5 of my non mmo playing gamer friends into MMOs, I gave them all trial invites. They played for about a month n a half each and then unsubbed, Their reason? that there was too much crap to do and the game was too big. The Irony to it is they absoluty adore SKYRIM.

    It's funny that you bring up SWG, because the game failed when it was revamped into a Theme Park. Regardless, old SWG is still one of the most talked about and missed MMOs to have ever been created.

    As for your friends quitting because the game was too "complex", then your friends represent the problem in the genre - hold me hand and guide me type players who want everything as easy as possible.

    +1!!

    To precious328:

    Also, SWG was not a failure in the eyes of the devs who made it (Raph Koster has said the opposite), nor was it a financial failure.  It probably could have been even more financially successful if not pushed to release sooner than it was ready.  Also it had a terrible marking campaign compared to AAA MMOs today.

    Also, I would hang out with other friends I think these ones might have a bad influence on you.

    Absolutely love excuses. SWG was revamped twice...TWICE. 

    I never played NGE, but the CU, and remember searching the forums trying not to find a server full of lots with empty houses. 

    Honesly, it's sad to say, but the NGE kept that game around longer than it was suppose to be. People want a AAA game of this style, without the AAA number of players to play it....

  • SkillCosbySkillCosby Trenton, MIPosts: 684Member

    Originally posted by bossalinie

    Originally posted by wormywyrm

    Originally posted by precious328

    Originally posted by Snaylor47

    Originally posted by precious328

    Like I said before, if there is ever a AAA-funded sandbox MMO, the genre will change for the better.

    And when I say sandbox, I'm not refering to these hardcore first-person pov games like Mortal Online. I'm talking about a game that is loaded with both content and player-driven content.

    SWG... Also had the SW name and was still a failure in the eyes of the very devs who created it.

    I think what you typed is absolutly BS the reason being that I once tried to get about 5 of my non mmo playing gamer friends into MMOs, I gave them all trial invites. They played for about a month n a half each and then unsubbed, Their reason? that there was too much crap to do and the game was too big. The Irony to it is they absoluty adore SKYRIM.

    It's funny that you bring up SWG, because the game failed when it was revamped into a Theme Park. Regardless, old SWG is still one of the most talked about and missed MMOs to have ever been created.

    As for your friends quitting because the game was too "complex", then your friends represent the problem in the genre - hold me hand and guide me type players who want everything as easy as possible.

    +1!!

    To precious328:

    Also, SWG was not a failure in the eyes of the devs who made it (Raph Koster has said the opposite), nor was it a financial failure.  It probably could have been even more financially successful if not pushed to release sooner than it was ready.  Also it had a terrible marking campaign compared to AAA MMOs today.

    Also, I would hang out with other friends I think these ones might have a bad influence on you.

    Absolutely love excuses. SWG was revamped twice...TWICE. 

    I never played NGE, but the CU, and remember searching the forums trying not to find a server full of lots with empty houses. 

    Honesly, it's sad to say, but the NGE kept that game around longer than it was suppose to be. People want a AAA game of this style, without the AAA number of players to play it....

    It wasn't revamped twice. lol. They just changed the combat.

    The NGE was a COMPLETE REHASH of almost every aspect of the game. Once the game was dumbed to the point where it was just stupid, people started leaving.

    Moreover, SWG had many players during the non-NGE days. They have even said this.

  • AutemOxAutemOx Fullerton, CAPosts: 1,704Member

    Originally posted by bossalinie

    Absolutely love excuses. SWG was revamped twice...TWICE. 

    I never played NGE, but the CU, and remember searching the forums trying not to find a server full of lots with empty houses. 

    Honesly, it's sad to say, but the NGE kept that game around longer than it was suppose to be. People want a AAA game of this style, without the AAA number of players to play it....

    This post confuses me, what are you saying exactly?  That NGE improved SWG and and increased the # players playing it?  Because even smed has admitted since then that it was a huge mistake, and the statistics show that population decreased dramatically after NGE.  So I am not even sure what you are arguing here.

    Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

  • NildenNilden null, NBPosts: 1,284Member Uncommon

    Since SWG sucked so bad I figured it would be blown away in every area by SWTOR. Compare space, crafting, housing, pvp, mounts and UI. SWG is the clear winner in every case.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnJv026BsbU Jump to Lightspeed

    The 10 species available to players include: Human, Twi'lek, Zabrak, Wookiee, Trandoshan, Rodian, Mon Calamari, Bothan, Sullustan and Ithorian.

    A range of playable species are available for the player to choose from, including Human, Chiss, Cyborg, Miraluka, Mirialan. Rattataki, Sith Pureblood, Twi'lek, and Zabrak.

    Now mind you SWG sucked so bad that jump was only an emote and I mean come on how does SWTOR not do those better?

    http://youtu.be/wBw3lkiXxRs

    How to post links.

    "classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon
    Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

  • Snaylor47Snaylor47 Des Moines, IAPosts: 962Member

    Originally posted by nilden

    Since SWG sucked so bad I figured it would be blown away in every area by SWTOR. Compare space, crafting, housing, pvp, mounts and UI. SWG is the clear winner in every case.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnJv026BsbU Jump to Lightspeed

    The 10 species available to players include: Human, Twi'lek, Zabrak, Wookiee, Trandoshan, Rodian, Mon Calamari, Bothan, Sullustan and Ithorian.

    A range of playable species are available for the player to choose from, including Human, Chiss, Cyborg, Miraluka, Mirialan. Rattataki, Sith Pureblood, Twi'lek, and Zabrak.

    Now mind you SWG sucked so bad that jump was only an emote and I mean come on how does SWTOR not do those better?

     

    Space combat they are working on. Crafting is subjective personally I like TORs better, Houses became a ghost town from what I hear in SWG, SWG had PvP?, SWTOR has mounts I don't see what your getting and and they are adding UI customizatoin in 1.2. As for spieces in SWG over 70% of the player base played Zabrak TWi'lek and human anyway there is also room for improvement in TOR.

     

    So once (or rather if) they add everything they  said they  woudl the only thing that SWG will have over TOR is housing.

     

     

    I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

  • spaceportspaceport CatalunyaPosts: 405Member

    Originally posted by Snaylor47

    Originally posted by nilden

    Since SWG sucked so bad I figured it would be blown away in every area by SWTOR. Compare space, crafting, housing, pvp, mounts and UI. SWG is the clear winner in every case.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnJv026BsbU Jump to Lightspeed

    The 10 species available to players include: Human, Twi'lek, Zabrak, Wookiee, Trandoshan, Rodian, Mon Calamari, Bothan, Sullustan and Ithorian.

    A range of playable species are available for the player to choose from, including Human, Chiss, Cyborg, Miraluka, Mirialan. Rattataki, Sith Pureblood, Twi'lek, and Zabrak.

    Now mind you SWG sucked so bad that jump was only an emote and I mean come on how does SWTOR not do those better?

     

    Crafting is subjective personally I like TORs better,

    Again, stop lying to yourself, nobody believes that.

    Not even you.

    Space combat is a joke and it will always be a joke, it's a rail shooter.

    Now somehow housing is bad.

    Come on..., just... come on, lol.

    image
    "Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

  • NildenNilden null, NBPosts: 1,284Member Uncommon

    http://youtu.be/eC8ZqqHbDp0

    Some mounts, missing dewbacks, taun tauns and normal speeders but you get the idea. Oh and you could add auction house as well.

    How to post links.

    "classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon
    Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

  • AxehiltAxehilt San Francisco, CAPosts: 8,741Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by nilden

    http://youtu.be/eC8ZqqHbDp0

    Some mounts, missing dewbacks, taun tauns and normal speeders but you get the idea.

    1. What's with all the janky fake youtube links?

    2. Do you expect a game that's been out for 1 month to have more content than SWG?  Really?

    You're even comparing TOR with content that specifically came in SWG expansions...

    "Joe stated his case logically and passionately, but his perceived effeminate voice only drew big gales of stupid laughter..." -Idiocracy
    "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

  • ezduzitezduzit oxnard, CAPosts: 112Member

     

     

    I think Bioware knew this game was going to fail. They saw the numbers and decided to design the game the Blizzard way. I believe they knew it would fail when they delayed launch. The problem is they spent so much money developing the game, there’s no going back. 

    So what does a CEO do? How do you get the money back and save your azz? Watch this.. 

    Execute Operation Save Your Azz!!! 

    Follow me on this....... Game has no UI, no Character customization, no in game voice chat, guild bank, and other basic instruments you would obviously see in an MMO. It's like selling a car with no hubcaps, stereo,passanger seat, rear view mirror. However you own the car in a blind transaction. 

    Developer's quote "We always listen to the customer". 

    The problem is, we don't know who they listened to and what suggestions (complaints) were flagged in advance as 'To Be Implemented in Game'. Bioware will expect players to start their complaints about no IO, Guild Bank, etc. "We always listen to our customers".  Therefore, it will be announced that the next game update will be full of exciting stuff such as, care stereo, passenger seat, rear view mirror, and due to high demand, HUBCAPS! 

    I believe the first Alpha testers told Bioware the truth. "I'm sorry but this game is doomed to fail".

     


  • BossalinieBossalinie Hattiesburg, MSPosts: 683Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by spaceport

    Originally posted by Snaylor47


    Originally posted by nilden

    Since SWG sucked so bad I figured it would be blown away in every area by SWTOR. Compare space, crafting, housing, pvp, mounts and UI. SWG is the clear winner in every case.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnJv026BsbU Jump to Lightspeed

    The 10 species available to players include: Human, Twi'lek, Zabrak, Wookiee, Trandoshan, Rodian, Mon Calamari, Bothan, Sullustan and Ithorian.

    A range of playable species are available for the player to choose from, including Human, Chiss, Cyborg, Miraluka, Mirialan. Rattataki, Sith Pureblood, Twi'lek, and Zabrak.

    Now mind you SWG sucked so bad that jump was only an emote and I mean come on how does SWTOR not do those better?

     

    Crafting is subjective personally I like TORs better,

    Again, stop lying to yourself, nobody believes that.

    Not even you.

    Space combat is a joke and it will always be a joke, it's a rail shooter.

    Now somehow housing is bad.

    Come on..., just... come on, lol.

    Your way or the highway, right?

  • NildenNilden null, NBPosts: 1,284Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Axehilt

    Originally posted by nilden

    http://youtu.be/eC8ZqqHbDp0

    Some mounts, missing dewbacks, taun tauns and normal speeders but you get the idea.

    1. What's with all the janky fake youtube links?

    2. Do you expect a game that's been out for 1 month to have more content than SWG?  Really?

    You're even comparing TOR with content that specifically came in SWG expansions...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC8ZqqHbDp0

    Did that not work for you? It's starts off with a Varactryl. Here try this site for all of them Bantha was a good one too.

    http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Mounts

    No your right I should have expected it to have far less than SWG. Come on they shut down SWG for this. They had this game to look at, how many years and how much money. Yea lets make it have far less. Oh wait I'm being sarcastic. Bloody right I expected it to be better and have more.

    How to post links.

    "classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon
    Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

  • SanisarSanisar birmingham, ALPosts: 19Member

    Yeah, it was like a movie.  The end-game was like the credits, and now I feel like I'm sitting in an empty theater with a box of popcorn staring at a blank screen waiting for the next showing (xpac) of the same movie again.

  • QuirhidQuirhid TamperePosts: 5,969Member Common

    Originally posted by nilden

    Originally posted by Axehilt

     

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC8ZqqHbDp0

    Did that not work for you? It's starts off with a Varactryl. Here try this site for all of them Bantha was a good one too.

    http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Mounts

    No your right I should have expected it to have far less than SWG. Come on they shut down SWG for this. They had this game to look at, how many years and how much money. Yea lets make it have far less. Oh wait I'm being sarcastic. Bloody right I expected it to be better and have more.

    And yet SWTOR has probably made more money already than SWG ever did (just a guess tho). Good move for LucasArts to drop support for SWG. Probably made you buy SWTOR too.

    I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

  • NildenNilden null, NBPosts: 1,284Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Quirhid

    Originally posted by nilden


    Originally posted by Axehilt

     

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC8ZqqHbDp0

    Did that not work for you? It's starts off with a Varactryl. Here try this site for all of them Bantha was a good one too.

    http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Mounts

    No your right I should have expected it to have far less than SWG. Come on they shut down SWG for this. They had this game to look at, how many years and how much money. Yea lets make it have far less. Oh wait I'm being sarcastic. Bloody right I expected it to be better and have more.

    And yet SWTOR has probably made more money already than SWG ever did (just a guess tho). Good move for LucasArts to drop support for SWG. Probably made you buy SWTOR too.



    Yes it did and I quit when I hit 50 and played pre NGE for a year, so what game did I give them more money for? Good point tho. I guess all those features that SWG did better don't mean crap since SWTOR is rolling in box sales.

    How to post links.

    "classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon
    Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

  • AxehiltAxehilt San Francisco, CAPosts: 8,741Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by nilden

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC8ZqqHbDp0

    Did that not work for you? It's starts off with a Varactryl. Here try this site for all of them Bantha was a good one too.

    http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Mounts

    No your right I should have expected it to have far less than SWG. Come on they shut down SWG for this. They had this game to look at, how many years and how much money. Yea lets make it have far less. Oh wait I'm being sarcastic. Bloody right I expected it to be better and have more.

    Some of the earlier links didn't work at all and had a bunch of spammy ads since it wasn't real youtube.

    And yeah, the most apt point you made (Jump to Lightspeed being superior to ToR's space combat) I later realized is an entirely unfair comparison because it was the primary feature of an entire expansion pack.  Most of the rest of your points are fluff content that ToR will obviously get as it ages (the exception being housing, which while fairly interesting is only a few steps away from being fluff itself.)

    "Joe stated his case logically and passionately, but his perceived effeminate voice only drew big gales of stupid laughter..." -Idiocracy
    "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

Sign In or Register to comment.