Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Online TCG

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

I used to play magic the gathering online but left it, and I cannot find any online cards games.

I have seen chaotic which is dead, and I think marvel or DC had one which is also dead.

I see sword girls and CARTE are coming out but I have no idea if there any good.

Is there anything?.   also I hate flash based games, I prefer if the online card or collectable game had a client.

And yes I tried pox nora too.

Comments

• DonevDonev Member Posts: 143

Online TCGs don't have clients, that's your problem. There are tons of them out there in just about any flavor you're looking for, but having a dedicated client is overkill and really not all that effective for a TCG. Flash or Unity are much more lightweight and accounts can be played and accessed from any computer. 

There is Eredan iTCG, which is mostly through Facebook, but I believe you can play w/o a FB account. 

http://itcg.eredan.com/?aw=www

There is Urban Rivals, which is a slightly different take on the TCG Genre. 

http://www.urban-rivals.com/

There is Ederon, which has probably been one of my favorites over the years. I haven't played since around 2009, but it is a solid game. 

http://www.ederon.com/

When I googled "Online TCG" I came up with at least 5 lists of top 10 or so Online TCGs. There are quite a few out there. There is an Asian one that is well done, though I don't like the gameplay. 

From my experience, the only games you should really stay away from is Chaotic (which you said is shut down, good ridence. It was garbage and was 100% Marketing and 0% Gameplay) and Warstorm. Warstorm doesn't let you play the cards yourself, they are drawn at random. The "strategy" is supposed to be how you build your deck, but that's just a way of sayin "We made this game so the biggest morons on Facebook can play". 

There is also a fairly large and complex TCG that exists in Second Life. It's fairly good too if it's still around. I don't remember the name. 

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Free Realms and Clone Wars Adventures both have CCGs in them.

Wizards 101 has a card game as the basis to the magic system

Saga is an RTS with a CCG backbone but the gameplay itself is the RTS.

There used to be an Auto Assault TCG online but I think it closed down.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

Shadow Era is probably the best CCG out there at the moment, the look and feel of it alone makes it feel like a physical CCG that has been converted to an online one. It has a client, is free to play and you can get booster packs for free every few levels.

Card abilities and the kind of tactics involved make it feel like a lighter version of magic.

edit: It's also multi-platform. You can play on your i-whatever with the same cards and whatnot.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Battle Forge?

RTS and TCG