Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Complete Solo quest...kill 18 Gold Elites...

kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423

While I could sight many other areas where I find fault with this game(as untested as any Alpha I have been a part of to name the least).

Have you ever been given a mission, in any other game you have ever played, where you are required kill 18( A NON-group quest at same level) Gold Elites? A NON-group mission?

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

No. I haven't had one of those in SWToR either. Though I usually get a couple or more in every area, but they just happen to be nearby and they tend to drop decent green gear. They're good for practicing your interrupts and stuns. Especially if they have little helpers.

Are you sure you didn't just stumble into a heroic area or that the quest was mislabeled?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

What the fuck is a gold elites. Surely Bioware didn't copy the "quest difficulty" descriptions from another mmo?

• kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423

Originally posted by lizardbones

No. I haven't had one of those in SWToR either. Though I usually get a couple or more in every area, but they just happen to be nearby and they tend to drop decent green gear. They're good for practicing your interrupts and stuns. Especially if they have little helpers.

Are you sure you didn't just stumble into a heroic area or that the quest was mislabeled?

Hoth, Ship Graveyard, automatic Area Quest. NOT a Heroic area. Kill 18 Gold Elite Droids.

I could also site the Kill 5 Gold Elite quest on Alderon(one of the first you get when getting to Alderon).

Originally posted by kb056

Hoth, Ship Graveyard, automatic Area Quest. NOT a Heroic area. Kill 18 Gold Elite Droids.

I could also site the Kill 5 Gold Elite quest on Alderon(one of the first you get when getting to Alderon).

Huh. Were they actually harder to kill than the 'Silver' elites? Do the higher difficulty mobs become the 'normal' mobs you fight as you get to higher levels?

** edit **
    My guess would be the quest is mislabeled as a 'standard' bonus quest. Usually though you don't get Heroic bonus quests unless you're on a Heroic quest.

Originally posted by Jimmac

What the fuck is a gold elites. Surely Bioware didn't copy the "quest difficulty" descriptions from another mmo?

Different types of Gold Elites. Boss, Champion, World Boss.

Boss mobs are frequent, think Warlock/Hunter with tanking pet against 2-3 Silvers plus 1-2 trash mobs all at once with starter/leveling gear.

Oh, add in certain Story Bosses have specials that can 1 shot you at same level if you miss an Interupt during the fight.

• AdvancedTechAdvancedTech Member UncommonPosts: 165

You are probably talking about a area quest, when you step into the area it gives u a quest to kill x amount of gold elites or whatever mobs they are there, they dont say group quests but they probably assume they average persons brain is bigger than a peanut and will figure out that its meant to be done with a group

Originally posted by Jimmac

Mostly they did. The terms "Heroic" and "Gold Elite" have become pretty standard and recognizable regardless of the game you're playing. Mobs are Normal (weak), Silver (strong), Gold (tough) and Champion (world boss or boss). Some of them are just stronger and have more health, or they have stuns and heals or both.

** edit **
    Looks like 'Champion' and 'World Boss' are two separate levels, not the same thing. Champions probably take a group of probably 4 and World Bosses take at least 8 people.

I was getting Champions and World Bosses mixed together in my head.

Huh. Were they actually harder to kill than the 'Silver' elites? Do the higher difficulty mobs become the 'normal' mobs you fight as you get to higher levels?

** edit **

My guess would be the quest is mislabeled as a 'standard' bonus quest. Usually though you don't get Heroic bonus quests unless you're on a Heroic quest.

The quest is given to you in the same large area where you complete 1/2 a dozen solo quests.

As far as how hard are they to kill? They are just as hard to kill as every other Gold Elite you are required ti kill at same level.

Some of the Prof specific Golds for your story cna 1 shot kill you.

Not sure what level you are or what Prof, but this game is as untested and non solo friendly as any game I have ever tested..,oopd, sorry, meant Played.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    First of all, elite in this game is not as tough as elite in others. My sorc can solo them just fine.

Second, area quests ARE group quests.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

** edit **

The quest is given to you in the same large area where you complete 1/2 a dozen solo quests.

As far as how hard are they to kill? They are just as hard to kill as every other Gold Elite you are required ti kill at same level.

Some of the Prof specific Golds for your story cna 1 shot kill you.

Not sure what level you are or what Prof, but this game is as untested and non solo friendly as any game I have ever tested..,oopd, sorry, meant Played.

I've found it to be very solo friendly*. I do think the range of mobs makes more challenging fights available though...for instance the final guy in most bonus quest lines is a gold elite. 18 sounds like a bit much. I would hope the reward is something nice.

Otherwise, I'd report it as a bug or something. Solo quests and areas (so far) have offered a range of difficulties from easy to heroic and heroic content is labeled as such (so far). I'm level 29 and I've done very solo quest on every world and that's been the recurring pattern. That set of quests doesn't sound like any of the other quests or areas I've been through.

* I also go out of my way to kill the gold elites if I see them standing around and most of the classes I've played are a healer or have a healing companion. My view might be skewed.

Originally posted by dubyahite
    First of all, elite in this game is not as tough as elite in others. My sorc can solo them just fine. Second, area quests ARE group quests.

I've soloed all the area quests. I assumed that they were all made to be completed solo.

Gold elites aren't like gold elites in (for instance) WoW. I think the 'Champion' mobs are more like gold elites in other games.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I was in the ship graveyard tonight and saw that very quest. Although it specifies it is an [Area 4] quest which would designate it as a group quest. Although with enough perseverance I'm sure it can be soloed. Although that would get a bit old quick lol.

Originally posted by VirgoThree

I was in the ship graveyard tonight and saw that very quest. Although it specifies it is an [Area 4] quest which would designate it as a group quest. Although with enough perseverance I'm sure it can be soloed. Although that would get a bit old quick lol.

It can be done, but having to use every single Special per kill with some Specials having a 20 min cooldown, not seeing your average soloer completing this quest..

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by VirgoThree

It can be done, but having to use every single Special per kill with some Specials having a 20 min cooldown, not seeing your average soloer completing this quest..

I did this quest.  Took about 45 minutes total to finish AND I only died once.  It was hard and basically was AMAZINGLY fun.  Sure beats most MMOs where you get lame quests all the time with only one or two hard enemies thrown in occassionally.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

While I could sight many other areas where I find fault with this game(as untested as any Alpha I have been a part of to name the least).

Have you ever been given a mission, in any other game you have ever played, where you are required kill 18( A NON-group quest at same level) Gold Elites? A NON-group mission?

i can't think of the elites in this game as elite, though. for starters, they're not that tough. they die about as well and fast as your average mob in a wow dungeon. i can see where 18 would be exciting at once. but in my view, that'd be a vast improvement on the rest. when i see "strong" on anything, i groan now. strong? you call that strong? pfft.

plus they hardly ever drop anything worth killing them for.

• EnoshEnosh Member Posts: 140

quite sure that's an area 4 quest

the 4 being the important part in all of this

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by dubyahite

First of all, elite in this game is not as tough as elite in others. My sorc can solo them just fine.

Second, area quests ARE group quests.

sorc is greatly OP compared to the other classes.. My sorc can take on so many things my operative and sith marauder could not

Originally posted by headphones

i can't think of the elites in this game as elite, though. for starters, they're not that tough. they die about as well and fast as your average mob in a wow dungeon. i can see where 18 would be exciting at once. but in my view, that'd be a vast improvement on the rest. when i see "strong" on anything, i groan now. strong? you call that strong? pfft.

play with no companion if its to easy for you

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I've run into some crazy stuff like this - higher level you get seems like more and more common.

Like on Belsavis, random gold level elites just out in the open world like regular mobs. Always sucks to be fighting a group and one of them comes around a corner on a patrol and aggros.

Gold elite patrols in instanced/story or group areas - yikes, created some hairy situations, and I have a fair amount of CC!

Worst thing I ever had to deal with was class quests on Quesh.

3-4 Strong level mobs, Dark Jedi, at a time - and they were brutal - much higher damage and much better defenses then your "standard" open world Strong level mobs.

CC'd one, kited 2, had companion tank/contain one... still died almost every pull, and I supposeduly outleveled the area by 2 levels or so.

I'd have to kill one or two then die, rez, and kill the rest of the group.

I just couldn't keep my companion alive long enough to be useful without doing anything but healing him, but then the mobs would all agrro on me and just waste me. So I used my companions life/death as a temporary CC lol

Either it was ridiculously bugged or broken or I was missing some kind of mechanic that would have made it reasonable.

There were these terminals on the wall you could click on that supposedly reduced the damage you took from these mobs, but it didn't seem to help at all and my companion couldn't get the buff. Bugged? I dunno.

It was stupid hard, but felt very rewarding after completing it.

Honestly I feel like I wasn't supposed to have been able to complete it solo, but I did. I wonder how much QQ Bioware is getting on it?

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by sanosukex

play with no companion if its to easy for you

if i had a dollar for every monkey who typed that out at me, i'd have 5 dollars.

and if i had a dollar for every time i've responded with "i already do" and point out that my wife and i even split up 95% of the time because we can't play together as a team for all the fights being over too quick, i'd have 4 dollars.

5 now.

pay up.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

if i had a dollar for every monkey who typed that out at me, i'd have 5 dollars.

and if i had a dollar for every time i've responded with "i already do" and point out that my wife and i even split up 95% of the time because we can't play together as a team for all the fights being over too quick, i'd have 4 dollars.

5 now.

pay up.

I'd love to know what class/advanced class you play and how many levels you outlevel the content by to be able to "make things so easy" without a companion.

I out level the areas I quest in, usually, by 2-3 levels simply due to PvP and space missions etc. as well as completing bonus series and some heroics and world quests etc.

Originally posted by BadSpock

5 now.

pay up.

I'd love to know what class/advanced class you play and how many levels you outlevel the content by to be able to "make things so easy" without a companion.

I out level the areas I quest in, usually, by 2-3 levels simply due to PvP and space missions etc. as well as completing bonus series and some heroics and world quests etc.

my guess sith sorc.. or sniper.. if its any melee type I call BS

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

I did this quest on my Guardian Tank and had no problems with it, I like quests that make me fight gold elites cause they are a bit of a challenge.

For those who dont know, SWTORs elite system breaks down in colors

White - Tough

Golden - Elite

Gold w/ White Background - Champion

Boss

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by BadSpock

3-4 Strong level mobs, Dark Jedi, at a time - and they were brutal - much higher damage and much better defenses then your "standard" open world Strong level mobs.

CC'd one, kited 2, had companion tank/contain one... still died almost every pull, and I supposeduly outleveled the area by 2 levels or so.

I'd have to kill one or two then die, rez, and kill the rest of the group.

I just couldn't keep my companion alive long enough to be useful without doing anything but healing him, but then the mobs would all agrro on me and just waste me. So I used my companions life/death as a temporary CC lol

Either it was ridiculously bugged or broken or I was missing some kind of mechanic that would have made it reasonable.

There were these terminals on the wall you could click on that supposedly reduced the damage you took from these mobs, but it didn't seem to help at all and my companion couldn't get the buff. Bugged? I dunno.

It was stupid hard, but felt very rewarding after completing it.

Honestly I feel like I wasn't supposed to have been able to complete it solo, but I did. I wonder how much QQ Bioware is getting on it?

Happened to me as well on one of my higher level class quests. Most of those were fairly easy but ran into one with several sith types that just slaughtered my companion and took me out as well a couple times. Their damage was just nuts.

The boss at the end just about oneshotted my companion lol

Actually beat him though on my first try but I had to kite him to hell and back. Not sure how I would have soloed it if I wasn't a healer. Then again I would hope they would not have a boss like that in a solo mission for them.

Anyways, it was tough but a lot of fun.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.