Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really they should combine the ftp and p2p

PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239

I know there some free to play games that should really be pay to play and some pay to play should be free to play..Why cant we have both worlds free to play and pay to play for the same game? I know there some games like this.Should they do it for all games? I mean you get the population and of course the cash shops for the free to play people and the pay to play continue as usual..It could work if the Game company done things right..What do you folks think?

I retired retroactively..Haha

Comments

• ThrageThrage Member Posts: 200

There are few if any MMOs which are "free to play" in every sense of the word.  There is almost always SOME way for you to give the developer money.  In fact, I can't think of a single MMO that's just completely free with no strings attached whatsoever that isn't in open beta.

Someone wanna' correct me on this?

• samuraislyr4samuraislyr4 Member UncommonPosts: 73

Originally posted by Thrage

There are few if any MMOs which are "free to play" in every sense of the word.  There is almost always SOME way for you to give the developer money.  In fact, I can't think of a single MMO that's just completely free with no strings attached whatsoever that isn't in open beta.

Someone wanna' correct me on this?

You're right mostly.

Guild Wars is about the only one, but the first one isn't really an MMO, but it's close.  GW2 will probably be the same in terms of its cash shop so we'll see.

LOTRO can be free, though it is very very time consuming and grindy at points if you don't pay for anything. Grinding TP points can be tough but it can be mostly free. Many will debate this but I know it can be done, it's just time consuming and not fun at all.

DDO is similar, though from what I know it's much harder to grind said TP.

Age of Conan is actually pretty close to free depending on what you want out of it. If you really just want to experience the quests then the whole normal game from 1-80 is free, just many classes are unavailable. End game will cost you money.

EQ2 is a weird niche. Most of the content in terms of leveling is free but there are a lot of weird restrictions which are impossible to lift except through a subscription fee.

Other than those 4, I'd say most of the asian F2P's can be played without paying a dime but you will stink in pvp and after the first 20 or so levels, it will become one heck of a grind.

I'd really say most F2P games are free, though many are so time consuming that the content grows quickly stale unless you pay some money.

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

Many f2p games are p2w games.  Where people literally spend thousands of dollar.  I'm not sure how those can be turned into f2p/p2p hybrid. 

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by Popple

I know there some free to play games that should really be pay to play and some pay to play should be free to play..Why cant we have both worlds free to play and pay to play for the same game? I know there some games like this.Should they do it for all games? I mean you get the population and of course the cash shops for the free to play people and the pay to play continue as usual..It could work if the Game company done things right..What do you folks think?

You mean freemium games?

Imho this is worst from two worlds.

I played freemium games and never will play again.

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

Freemium = Pay $15.00 per month just for basic fundamental features while having to pay EXTRA MONEY in their Pay-to-Win shop.

No thanks.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by Popple

You mean like B2P?

I'm all for it.