Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's 2.5 hours after the patch on the 28th and BioWare Locked it forums.

m240gulfm240gulf Member UncommonPosts: 460

They were down for the maintenance like usual, but as soon as the servers came back up, so did the forums.  That is when all the drama began and now they are viewable, but you can't post anything to them.

Good Times!  Too bad too, the game was ok'ish, but this kind of stuff just isn't a good sign.

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!

Comments

• It's to prevent their website from crashing. If you are not into preventative stability precausions then Ok...

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Heh why people expect any company to run 24/7 365 with no issues is just not going to happen.

And a new company with a new game, and new equipment and ISP and all?  Been a miracle so far with the few down times:)

WOW and CCP both long term companies with massive exp on running games has more down times than i have seen for SWTOR so far:)

Love em or hate em, can not really bash them for how the game launched and has ran so far from my perspective. Seems they are doing better than average if you are really honest on how hard it is to run something as huge as a MMO.

• ComplicationComplication Member Posts: 209

so EA in all of their money and glory are unable to have forums that can withstand the load of EU,AU, and a little of the early morning US players?

because I was on them right when the forums reopenned for posting and general EXPLODED with anger threads and the site was fine and dandy

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by DarLorkar

Heh why people expect any company to run 24/7 365 with no issues is just not going to happen.

Theres a huge drop off NO isues to what we have seen with this game though.

And a new company with a new game

Eh? New company?

This is EAa nd Bioware pulling from the combined experience of Mythic and others.

New?

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

I despise the MMO community forums so much.

Too much PASSION.

The game isn't worth raging over. The patch isn't worth raging over.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".

Originally posted by vesavius

Eh? New company?

This is EAa nd Bioware pulling from the combined experience of Mythic and others.

New?

Yes new, new servers, new ISP, New game that they just built from scratch.. that defines new to me:P

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by Hyanmen

Too much PASSION.

Yeah, but it's misplaced passion. It's like people open up their Veins and let their Id spill out.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GibboniciGibbonici Member UncommonPosts: 472

Too much PASSION.

It's not passion. That's giving it far too much credit.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Too much PASSION.

True enough however once you go down that road you eventually reach one other inevitable conclusion. I'm glad I came to it before the 20th of this month.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

why are they raging hasn't the patch JUST now been released it couldn't have been long enough to form an opinion yet so....and why are they raging is it due to something else they did or are people still mad at what they did to pvp in this game is that still alive? I'm curious.

Originally posted by itgrowls

why are they raging hasn't the patch JUST now been released it couldn't have been long enough to form an opinion yet so....and why are they raging is it due to something else they did or are people still mad at what they did to pvp in this game is that still alive? I'm curious.

No, they are not raging at the patch really.  More at the down time, and then them locking the forum from posting to avoid it either being clogged up with rage posts or crashing completely.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Eh? New company?

New?

Yes new, new servers, new ISP, New game that they just built from scratch.. that defines new to me:P

You said new comapny though, and they are not. They are an established well funded corperation drawing on the experience of BW, EA, and Mythic, at the least.

What you say, and the reasons you suggest to give them slack, do not wash with me, sorry.

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Eh? New company?

New?

Yea new game from scratch, lmao... No it was not made from scratch, they used someone's elses engine. But this is off-topic and has nothing to do with the heavy moderation being done by BW. There's a big thread on the official forums about it as well, my post was removed twice for only commenting on how strict their moderation is with no bashing or insulting mentioned in my post. Goes to show how open they are to player discusion and suggestions.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Raging about server downtime is the funniest thing to me. Welcome to every MMO ever made. Are these people serious?

Thus was a gamebreaking issue for many. The emergency patch was warranted.

Insanity over there on the official forums. It's really saying something when I think that these forums provide better discussion and community than theirs. I can't even stand to look at the official forums except for stickies from Bioware.

These people, they set themselves up expecting the impossible and the. Flip out when they don't get it. Give me a break.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by dubyahite
    Raging about server downtime is the funniest thing to me. Welcome to every MMO ever made. Are these people serious?Thus was a gamebreaking issue for many. The emergency patch was warranted.Insanity over there on the official forums. It's really saying something when I think that these forums provide better discussion and community than theirs. I can't even stand to look at the official forums except for stickies from Bioware. These people, they set themselves up expecting the impossible and the. Flip out when they don't get it. Give me a break.

2 large downtimes in 1 week warrant abit of rage I think. especially when they could of waited 3 days for the regular maintenance.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Wow, the rage was at the downtime, not the patch? That makes me lol.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Mellkor

Originally posted by dubyahite

Raging about server downtime is the funniest thing to me. Welcome to every MMO ever made. Are these people serious?Thus was a gamebreaking issue for many. The emergency patch was warranted.Insanity over there on the official forums. It's really saying something when I think that these forums provide better discussion and community than theirs. I can't even stand to look at the official forums except for stickies from Bioware. These people, they set themselves up expecting the impossible and the. Flip out when they don't get it. Give me a break.

2 large downtimes in 1 week warrant abit of rage I think. especially when they could of waited 3 days for the regular maintenance.

Actually, as one of the people getting booted regularly, I am glad they did not wait.  Now granted, you didn't see me going on the forums and complaining about it in every single thread I could find, but it was annoying.  Maybe more people raging over the downtime need to just grow up a little and learn to relax.  Maybe read a book or walk around outside in the fresh air.  It would do them some good.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• BigCaliGuruBigCaliGuru Member UncommonPosts: 103

Dont people have other things to do while its down? Like maybe grab a bight to eat, Spend some time with a girl friend. Walk the dog (If its still alive). Go out, leave the house.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Too much PASSION.

I really don't understand the rage towards Bioware.  I cancelled my sub and peruse these and the official forums waiting for them to get their act together.  They have a solid foundation but released about 6 months too early and had poor prioritization.