Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bioware is making me FURIOUS!

Comments

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Shivam

So lets see, i come across total of 4 bugs and that somehow qualifys you to comment on my observation skills? iw as discussing about the game and you were more keen to get personal with me. See the difference? everyone is sharing their own personal experinces here and mine is totally different. I read exactly what you wrote.

You are just offended somehow that i didn't come across 'numerous' bugs. My apologies.

Not offended just surprised and a little incredulous. When I played none of the bugs bothered me too much but I still came across dozens, several dozens probabbly. Just places you can get stuck on world geometry I must have reported a half a dozen of course no biggy with the /stuck command. I can certainly understand that others might not have had the particular mis fortune to get into the ruts I did.  The GTN has a couple none game breaking but they are there. I guess you never tried to ditch a grey bonus quest? Did you ever try to get the game to look better by messing with textures (before they patched out he high res option)? I suppose if you never took gathering you would not have come across broken resource nodes. Ic ould go on but really serves no purpose.

Whilst it would be hyperbole to say the list was endless there are a lot and they are in many different aspects of the game. Again I am not saying that they are game breaking or even that they are serious I'm just genuinely surprised that you have not noticed more than 4.

• ComplicationComplication Member Posts: 209

oh snap i cant believe i forgot about the broken resource nodes for harvesting crafting materials in my bug list i made a few pages back.

damn! and on top of that, its another one of the bugs thats still in the game today even though they said they fixed it.

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

The bugs i came across..

ability getting stuck, mobs resetting, flashing in some areas (which was fixed) and guild members not showing in guild window.

Am i lucky maybe? but that is all i experinced.

I'd say you are indeed lucky. Happens sometimes, I myself got lucky with some really buggy games to the point that they looked like pretty good launches to me. I experienced next to no bugs in AOC launch, for instance.

With this one, I have seen a lot of bugs, some of them very trying. I can see them getting infuriating for dedicated players, the ones who are putting a lot of hours in this game. I know a few really annoyed me, like:

* getting kicked to login screen when entering warzone...

* the animation visuals and abilities not synching thus getting dismounted while pressing forward key right after mounting - not to mention the infamous combat ability delay! :)

* and a semi game-breaking oldie: not being able to use party/Ops and guild chat for a couple of weeks (This has been fixed).

I must've experienced at least a dozen more general bugs / errors like these, from elevators dropping you to death, to bugged bosses to maps bugging on instance change, to companions getting dismissed on elevator rides, to screen flickers on ATI video cards when using AA... And probably upwards of a hundred individual bugs.

Frankly I pay no mind to individual / local bugs, because I can easily avoid them. But bugs with consequences like having to avoid grouping, doing flashpoints and even giving up on trying to do warzones... Well I'd say those are a big deal.

So, yeah... You're lucky! :)

and they are already locking threads now that the forums are alive again lol. all the poor euro players that are writing threads explaining to bioware why they canceled and why they feel cheated are getting shut down before it gets passed the 4th comment. haha

good times, and good breakfast satire

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

To all who canceled about this: You are lucky. Being all worried to shutdown their forums, Bioware must have forgotten to make the cancel button disappear as well.

That's but another popular move they've learned from Mythic and like to execute on critical events.

and don't forget the "accidently" charging you a hundred times for a sub all at once so it bankrupts people and maxes their credit cards before they even know what happens.

then say oh it was a bug, want your money back, talk to you bank

yes i know that was Mythic who did it, but they did it in daoc and in war, and oh what is this?! mythic is bioware now!? and its the war team that made swtor!? DUN DUN DUUUHHHH!!!!!!!!! *dramatic music*

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

servers are up again in case you all missed it..

imageimage
  • ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by Complication

and don't forget the "accidently" charging you a hundred times for a sub all at once so it bankrupts people and maxes their credit cards before they even know what happens.

then say oh it was a bug, want your money back, talk to you bank

yes i know that was Mythic who did it, but they did it in daoc and in war, and oh what is this?! mythic is bioware now!? and its the war team that made swtor!? DUN DUN DUUUHHHH!!!!!!!!! *dramatic music*

You should have stuck to your original rant because now you are really grasping at straws.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• Cameo3Cameo3 Member Posts: 219

Originally posted by Littlebomb

bioware brings down the game at the worst times ever. midnight on a friday? REALLY!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

and they also disabled any posting on the forums at all!!! REALLY??!!! Now i cant even complain in all caps there?!!!
    Personally I already unsubbed after leveling my shadow but that being said they love to disable their forums so people can't complain during down times.
    Geez they had their forums down for like 3 days last week after patching 1.1

I still watch their forums daily just to revel in the demise of fanbois hope and dreams.

I would have loved if that game was good but I'm not paying for beta testing. I did that with WAR and it's better to just let idiots beta test it and join in 8 months.

With all it's bugs it's still better to play then wow though.

Member of Talon | www.lakexeno.com
    RIFT: Redcameo, Warrior, Faemist Server
    RIFT: Bluecameo, Mage, Faemist Server

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by Cameo3

bioware brings down the game at the worst times ever. midnight on a friday? REALLY!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

and they also disabled any posting on the forums at all!!! REALLY??!!! Now i cant even complain in all caps there?!!!

Personally I already unsubbed after leveling my shadow but that being said they love to disable their forums so people can't complain during down times.

I still watch their forums daily just to revel in the demise of fanbois hope and dreams.

I would have loved if that game was good but I'm not paying for beta testing. I did that with WAR and it's better to just let idiots beta test it and join in 8 months.

What does it really say when thats all you can say about something?  

It means a newly released MMOS has bugs but it is still more fun to play than WOW for some people? or there is some deep meaning you looking for?

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Originally posted by Khalathwyr

Yeah, it's down and that blows. That said, it's only 4 hours, not 6 or 8. Watch a movie or two , make yourself something to eat and before you know it the servers will be back up.

For the folks who only have this particular time frame to play due to your job, well, 1) I'd hate to have your job and 2) this is something you'd have to deal with with any new MMO that has launched in recent times.

It's all about prioritizing your time. I know the vast majority of people don't put gaming near the top of that list of their leisure activities. They tend to be the most upset when a MMO is getting maintenance and the 2-3 hour block that they have set aside out of a 168 hour week falls within that time frame.

Bioware is learning how to do this whole MMO thing. This is their first time at the dance. In their second month. If anyone in this genre (MMOs) deserves a break to get their feet under them for at least the first 6 months it's them.

That's not to say not to maintain expecting them to follow through and make things better. It is saying give them a chance to get some "live" experience withthe game and learn and fine tune their internal practices.

Oh, and if it honestly bothers/angers anyone that much, quit. Cause hollow meaningless threats on random forums (or even the BW) don't scare or mean anything to anyone other than the person who writes them. And with this title being this new, they are probably still getting an equal or slightly greater number of new subscriptions than thouse that are leaving.

Anyway, I'm gonna go make some food and watch some movies. Then I'll log back in in now, what, 3 hours and 17 minutes.*

*Provided they have the servers up

Disagree with most of this; there is absolutely no reason to defend poor service. Maybe say nothing but to positively defend Bioware?

Bioware learning? I am sure they employ people who have experience with mmos; if not why not?

Something you have to learn to live with? Unacceptable. That's what people used to ay about cars until a concept called Total Quality Control was introduced. Some manufacturers didn't get the message and they are now ex-manufacturers. If you booked a table at a restaurant and paid a deposit, turned up and was told 'Sorry sir/madam, our chef is new and has ruined all the food, come back in a few hours that will be OK, yes?' Or booked an airline icket. Or turned up at a shop that advertised that it was open. There are lots of examples. Which one upsets you? I could then  say, chill, read a book. Bottomline: poor service providers - rightly - go to the wall.

And they go to the wall because people do indeed quit. so when your server is empty don;t complain about any merger remenber Bioware are 'new' at this 

• Cameo3Cameo3 Member Posts: 219

[quote]Originally posted by Shivam

It means a newly released MMOS has bugs but it is still more fun to play than WOW for some people? or there is some deep meaning you looking for?

That's all I was getting at. Tired of the WoW garbage and even though SWTOR has it's bugs it's still better then that trash. WoW's highlight was TBC. Beyond that Blizzard was grasping at straws.

Member of Talon | www.lakexeno.com
    RIFT: Redcameo, Warrior, Faemist Server
    RIFT: Bluecameo, Mage, Faemist Server

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

That's all I was getting at. Tired of the WoW garbage and even though SWTOR has it's bugs it's still better then that trash. WoW's highlight was TBC. Beyond that Blizzard was grasping at straws.

So its OK because in your opinion its not as bad as some other game?

No. Poor customer service is poor customer service. I remember a bus. admin lecture I had years ago. The guy giving it had just been in Russia asking people what they would do if they bought a broken radio from a shop: answer sell it on quick so they could get their money back. The concept of taking it back for a refund was totally alien.

Same here. It doesn't matter how bad you think some other game is; poor customer service is poor customer service. Demand better or continue to get dumped on. 

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Actually, no. Having eight 85's(in since late beta) I know a bit about WoW.  WoW to this day remains a good game.  In spite of Ghostcrawlers various attempts to ruin the game... ^^  SWTOR could also be a good game, if it wasn't for the fact that as you move further into the game, the content feels more and more rushed (which means more and more corners cut).  

Couple that with Biowares ham hamded attempt at dealing with the inevitable problems now that the game is Live (patches to fix the issues that the last patch created... Over and over again). This isn't some small budget indie house we are speaking of here.  Bioware should have LONG since learned various internal practices that would minimize this type of thing. 

I'm betting that they have moved most of their experienced production teams to the Next Big Thing(tm), so that the suits have something to tell the investors/shareholders in the next quarterly report.  Over all, what could have been a good game, ends up badly flawed because of the short sighted decisions that have been made. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Test is a test, not a free trial...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Originally posted by gervaise1

So its OK because in your opinion its not as bad as some other game?

No. Poor customer service is poor customer service. I remember a bus. admin lecture I had years ago. The guy giving it had just been in Russia asking people what they would do if they bought a broken radio from a shop: answer sell it on quick so they could get their money back. The concept of taking it back for a refund was totally alien.

Same here. It doesn't matter how bad you think some other game is; poor customer service is poor customer service. Demand better or continue to get dumped on. 

Exactly, his opinion is as valid as yours.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

"That game is our last hope."

"No. There is another."

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• ErythrocyteErythrocyte Member Posts: 103

I have to laugh when I see someone complain that they want bugs fixed but they don't want any outages for patches, all in the same post.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

These pretzels are making me THIRSTY!!!

• LittlebombLittlebomb Member Posts: 152

And to think that they could have avoided shutting down their forums by just making a good game that people can't compain so much about.

People complain that SWTOR's is a bad mmo on their forums because SWTOR's is a bad mmo.

And to think that they could have avoided shutting down their forums by just making a good game that people can't compain so much about.

People complain that SWTOR's is a bad mmo on their forums because SWTOR's is a bad mmo.

Can't please everyone. For everyone who hates the game there are those who love it unless you are trying to say more people hate the game which no one can prove. People hate MMOS on forums? whats new?

I have'nt played WOW in a long time so I couldnt say either way.

Have fun with the game while you can. Personally the ability lag is what really drove me away. I love pvp but SWTOR's ability lag feels super unresponsive. Often my abilities simply would not fire off at all ever. 

I just don't think BW's leadership is good at all. Sorry but the hay day's of BW I think end with ME3.

Sad because I have been one of their biggest fan's of their single player games.

Can't please everyone. For everyone who hates the game there are those who love it unless you are trying to say more people hate the game which no one can prove. People hate MMOS on forums? whats new?

I don't need to prove anything. The lack of people resubbing is all the proof anyone will need. You think the server's slowed down after the first month? Wait till month 2 ends.

I mean what do you expect. The game was designed to lose subcribers. I'll be right back and find the quote from one of STWORS main leads.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=15386 read this<

• TheFirst109TheFirst109 Member UncommonPosts: 182

I have'nt played WOW in a long time so I couldnt say either way.

Have fun with the game while you can. Personally the ability lag is what really drove me away. I love pvp but SWTOR's ability lag feels super unresponsive. Often my abilities simply would not fire off at all ever. 

I just don't think BW's leadership is good at all. Sorry but the hay day's of BW I think end with ME3.

Sad because I have been one of their biggest fan's of their single player games.

And what sucks is even with the patch that supposedly brought in alot of ability lag fixes, it's still pretty unresponsive. Vanish seemingly never goes off when you need it to, and the ability delay is especially noticeable in pvp with the cc break and other cc's in general =/ Makes me think that they just don't have that efficient of a system to push through changes that work. 

I don't need to prove anything. The lack of people resubbing is all the proof anyone will need. You think the server's slowed down after the first month? Wait till month 2 ends.

I mean what do you expect. The game was designed to lose subcribers. I'll be right back and find the quote from one of STWORS main leads.

Ok i will wait. I never indulge in doom and gloom. 

Can't please everyone.