Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

28/01/2012 patch notes - LOL REALLY!!!

thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

1.1.0c Patch Notes - 1/28/2012

General

• Improved service to reduce the number of player disconnections to the character selection screen.

So a 5 hr + downtime at peak EU times and also affecting many US players play shedules for THAT,  pray tell me why that couldnt wait till tuesday.

Comments

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by thamighty213

General

• Improved service to reduce the number of player disconnections to the character selection screen.

So a 5 hr + downtime at peak EU times and also affecting many US players play shedules for THAT,  pray tell me why that couldnt wait till tuesday.

So a lot of people getting disconnected to character selection screen is not something that should be fixed on priority?

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• m240gulfm240gulf Member UncommonPosts: 460

OMG haha!  At least it wasn't the /facepalm fix that everyone was bitching about that got hotfixed....which btw I feel like doing now /facepalm =/

Also, on a Saturday?!  Really?! fail BioWare.

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

LOL and here i was thinking an hour later then there official maint. time was gonna be over the game would be back.

Not sure why MMO devs think stealth updates is a good idea, you have to kno there is more to this update than just what they have said. In the end the players find out whats changed, then the feelings of distrust start to form.

Lolipops !

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

all server are closed !go check

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381

General

I'm sure had they known they would break whatever it is they broke while to trying to resolve this issue they would have let it wait.  As it turns out, they didn't know, they did break it, and now they have to fix it.  It happens.

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

While I do agree that the disconnects have to be fixed as fast as possible I do think that the issue didn't require this highly doubtful maintenance. Shoving that into the tuesday downtime would have been the way to go. This way they might please the 3-5% of players that regularly face that issue but they piss off maybe about 30-40% (Guess that's even a rather conservative estimation) of their playerbase with this downtime.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Originally posted by Shivam

General

So a lot of people getting disconnected to character selection screen is not something that should be fixed on priority?

Yes but that priority should be Tuesday even if it was 10% of the playerbase which I doubt it is nowhere near.

You have 10% affected for a few days longer or you affect 55% during peak times (thats the EU numbers BTW) I'll let you do the rest of the math.

• aejoriiaejorii Member Posts: 26

Atleast they didn't take down the server for 5 hours so you can do emotes on mounts!

Oh wait they did.

And you still can't do emotes on mounts.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

I actually have this issue but it not gameplay breaking tbh.Annoying when nearly winning a WZ and it happens but it happens maybe once ot twice in a game session sometimes not at all.Its less annoying then the animation lag that they seems not able to fix but all this could wait till tuesday and the animation lag been there since beta  .

General

Yes but that priority should be Tuesday even if it was 10% of the playerbase which I doubt it is nowhere near.

You have 10% affected for a few days longer or you affect 55% during peak times (thats the EU numbers BTW) I'll let you do the rest of the math.

I have no idea from where are you getting those 10% and 55% stats.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

most that got this issue is because they use computer badly optimised!

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

I guess it sucks to inconvience me to support those players who are getting disconnected.  I guess.  I know where I would stand on the argument if I was getting disconnected.

Hmmmm,

I wonder which group outweighs the other.  The inconvenienced wanna play types or the invconvienenced types who have a game crashing experience.

I'll start a thread after I start a thread about the patch extention

I'll start that thread after I start a thread about why this patch is affecting me..

wait, I'll start those two threads after, I start a thread about the bull crap of having server maintenence on Tuesday when they had all of this down time now.

I'm sure there is another thread I need to start.  We'll just call it 'SWTOR general complaint thread X' until I decide what I'm going to complain about.

I self identify as a monkey.

• DonanitDonanit Member Posts: 5

Sadly i bought game time until mid march.

This game is run by inexperineced and careless clowns.

I like the game even with all the bugs, mostly because of Star Wars theme and because is something fresh after WoW and all the crap out there. What i hate is the way the act, careless versus customers, even worst versus European players.

I know it's just 40 cents a day, i don't care, i pay and i want to play. I pretend an efficient service. These morons don't even say why they put down the servers (and anyway, tuesday there will be 8 more hours downtime, why couldn't they wait until tuesday to apply something?)

FY Bioware and EA, i'm goning to use Torrent from now on to play your games....

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I am reasonably certain this is a 'band-aid'. Something they could put in place (i.e. tested and working) because whatever they were actually trying to patch fell flat. If there wasn't 'something' people would probably /ragequit-unsub, even a lot of moderates. As it is, I see this hurting them  as far as numbers go.

I know things like this happen, but do it on a scheduled maintenance day or at least a weekday when some people are working or sleeping to prep for work. Their team leadership is monumentally bad.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

General

I have no idea from where are you getting those 10% and 55% percent stats.

Im saying worse case scenario this bug may have affected 10% of the playerbase at absolute maximum I certainly have not heard 1 complaint of it outside of 1 thread on the OB's.

The 55% is from an article a few weeks back on sales of SWTOR (minus digital) that indicated of the 2m shipped 55% where in the EU market.

Using those figures which of course are nowhere near factual then lets say absolute worse case scenario 200k players have this bug and are disconnected once or twice a play session,   does that really justify affecting the prime time of not only the 1.1m EU players by over 5 hours but also a number of US players who stay up late playing on weekends.

Not against fixing it and I feel for those with it I imagine it is frustrating as hell but surleey it could be lived with until Tuesday ??

General

I have no idea from where are you getting those 10% and 55% percent stats.

Im saying worse case scenario this bug may have affected 10% of the playerbase at absolute maximum I certainly have not heard 1 complaint of it outside of 1 thread on the OB's.

The 55% is from an article a few weeks back on sales of SWTOR (minus digital) that indicated of the 2m shipped 55% where in the EU market.

Using those figures which of course are nowhere near factual then lets say absolute worse case scenario 200k players have this bug and are disconnected once or twice a play session,   does that really justify affecting the prime time of not only the 1.1m EU players by over 5 hours but also a number of US players who stay up late playing on weekends.

Not against fixing it and I feel for those with it I imagine it is frustrating as hell but surleey it could be lived with until Tuesday ??

Since you are talking mostly on basis of assumptions and made up stastics how can you be so sure that this issue wasn't serious enough or wasn't effecting a lot of players? only Bioware knows and if they had to fix it all of a sudden who knows maybe it was effecting a large number players?

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Originally posted by Donanit

Sadly i bought game time until mid march.

This game is run by inexperineced and careless clowns.

I like the game even with all the bugs, mostly because of Star Wars theme and because is something fresh after WoW and all the crap out there. What i hate is the way the act, careless versus customers, even worst versus European players.

I know it's just 40 cents a day, i don't care, i pay and i want to play. I pretend an efficient service. These morons don't even say why they put down the servers (and anyway, tuesday there will be 8 more hours downtime, why couldn't they wait until tuesday to apply something?)

FY Bioware and EA, i'm goning to use Torrent from now on to play your games....

6 months on 2 accounts for me. I'll play it for now and hope for the best but I just logged in an hour ago and canceled my subs so I don't 'accidentally' pay again later this year. I doubt the software will still be on my PC by that point.

( I do still have hope as I like the game but it is looking bleaker to me each day - or at least each patch day)

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

General

I lol'd, no wonder they didn't tell anyone why they had the servers down so long, could you imagine the drama? :)

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648

General

I'd almost be willing to bet $100 that when this comes back up they will have fucked up something that they supposedly 'fixed' from the last patch.  I love how they post fixes for things but don't actually fix the problem.  The inability to cancel quests out of your quest log is a perfect example.  My money will be on the screen flickering bullshit coming back.  Anyone else on side bets of what they break? lmao

• SpankthetoadSpankthetoad Member UncommonPosts: 83

Well at this rate the Saturday patch that is running overtime will be done just in time for Tuesdays patch so the server will be down then also

Spankthetoad

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Originally posted by Airwren

General

I'd almost be willing to bet $100 that when this comes back up they will have fucked up something that they supposedly 'fixed' from the last patch.  I love how they post fixes for things but don't actually fix the problem.  The inability to cancel quests out of your quest log is a perfect example.  My money will be on the screen flickering bullshit coming back.  Anyone else on side bets of what they break? lmao

Going on past screwups, Illum....again ;)

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• ComplicationComplication Member Posts: 209

anyone who was a beta tester for swtor at any time before their PR beta weekends know that bioware, or MYTHIC 2.0 as i like to call them, were notorious for not fixing anything they listed on their beta builds.

they would list that they fixed A and then when you played it A was still broken but now B or C was also broken.

and we have seen the same thing with their launch builds.  They say they fix things like screen flickering or quest abandoning ability or the always popular emotes while on mount.

and when you get in game to test it out you find it still broken and then some.

• m240gulfm240gulf Member UncommonPosts: 460

BTW, the game just came up and I didn't download a patch...so my guess is the patch was only server side or they pulled the patch =/

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Originally posted by m240gulf

BTW, the game just came up and I didn't download a patch...so my guess is the patch was only server side or they pulled the patch =/

There's a patch, as I've just downloaded it.  It wasn't very big though, so you may have simply not noticed.