Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bioware is making me FURIOUS!

Comments

• ComplicationComplication Member Posts: 209

Originally posted by thamighty213

1.1.0c Patch Notes - 1/28/2012

General

• Improved service to reduce the number of player disconnections to the character selection screen.

i better go look on the forums myself, there HAS to be more than just this to cause such a long and untimely maintenance!

edit:

fantastic.... thats the only thing this was for. bang up job bioware!

• LogansanLogansan Member UncommonPosts: 45

If you think this is bad for the EU players, what about the Australia players (and other similar timezone areas), the patch started at 6PM on a Saturday here.

I can understand patching in supposedly low population times, but I didn’t expect this.

• PathlightPathlight Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Royalkin

Originally posted by Complication

bioware brings down the game at the worst times ever. midnight on a friday? REALLY!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

and they also disabled any posting on the forums at all!!! REALLY??!!! Now i cant even complain in all caps there?!!!

The only way you will ever make an impact or have them pay any attention to you is to unsubscribe. Regardless of wether you like the game or not, revenue (or the lack thereof) is the only thing that matters in the eyes of certain people (Suits). Bull**** walks and money talks as the saying goes.

Seriously though, if they've disabled posting on the forums, the problems must be affecting much more than the all too often mentioned 5 percent.

This. I love the game but am seriously thinking of unsubbing. This shows a total disregard for EU players who pay the same price as everyone else. Daytime maintenance during the week makes sense as most of us are at work/college but saturday maintenance extended without ETA with no information on what they are working on and shutting the forums down is unacceptable. If EU players hit their wallet, I'm guessing they will take the hint.

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328

Originally posted by Logansan

If you think this is bad for the EU players, what about the Australia players (and other similar timezone areas), the patch started at 6PM on a Saturday here.

I can understand patching in supposedly low population times, but I didn’t expect this.

I can honestly say I never even thought about Australian players, with this in mind then yeah - Australians really got the worst deal :(

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444

As much as i hope this game will succeed, i hope they get a BIG cut in their subs, cous of all this. I canceled my sub and told them, it's cous of 2 things, lag of information, when it's downtime, and screwing EU players over, time after time

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648

bioware brings down the game at the worst times ever. midnight on a friday? REALLY!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

and they also disabled any posting on the forums at all!!! REALLY??!!! Now i cant even complain in all caps there?!!!

Bioware's MO has been since launch to disable posting privaledges while they are doing maintenance because they don't want the forums populated with a bunch of QQ threads about the down time.  I don't really know what they are working on so until I see patch notes I don't really have a right to complain, hopefully they patched something good and it will have been worth the wait, though I doubt it because none of these little unexpected down times has been worth it so far.

• SpankthetoadSpankthetoad Member UncommonPosts: 83

Well at this rate the patch should be done by Tuesday just in time for the servers to go down again for the Tuesday patch. 

Spankthetoad

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

Originally posted by noncley

It isn't just the unannounced and then extended downtime that's infuriating - it's the fact that Bioware has alwso disabled posting on the official forums for the duration. That shows especial contempt for its paying subscribers.

When GW2, Terra or Secret World are out I will gladly say good bye ... and never again.

General

• Improved service to reduce the number of player disconnections to the character selection screen.

i better go look on the forums myself, there HAS to be more than just this to cause such a long and untimely maintenance!

edit:

I'm wndering about this too.. Why all these downtimes, with so few fixes, i mean, they take the servers down suddenly, and fixing something they could wait with. I have no idea of whats ging on at BW HQ

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

I am out of movies to watch........

Originally posted by Airwren

Bioware's MO has been since launch to disable posting privaledges while they are doing maintenance because they don't want the forums populated with a bunch of QQ threads about the down time.  I don't really know what they are working on so until I see patch notes I don't really have a right to complain, hopefully they patched something good and it will have been worth the wait, though I doubt it because none of these little unexpected down times has been worth it so far.

patch note, i use the word note sparingly, are out my friend. you tell me if you think it was worth all of this hub bub

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

Originally posted by Shivam

Originally posted by Pelaaja

Originally posted by Gorilla

Played all the way to lvl 50 and now leveling another alt. So far i have come across total of 4 bugs and one crash in 200+ hours of game time. Exploits are something that are very common to MMOS and every newly released MMO goes through that phase. So excuse me if i don't believe that 'bugs in game are numerous' BS.

That says more about your powers of observation than the bugs in TOR. You just have to look at what the devs have acknowledged and even already fixed. I'm astonished you can not notice so much.

So you are telling me i should stop playing the game and go after bugs which are not even effecting my game progression in any way just because i have a point to prove with you guys? yes i came across total of 4 bugs which effected me directly other than that smooth sailing all the way  to 50.

I have seen all the patch notes by the way but i stillf ail to see these 'numerous' bugs. You know what that word means right?

I don't think that is what he's saying.

I think he's discussing about the game and it's flaws and bugs and gamebreakers. You on the other hand (and I say this in the most polite way) defend the game and the developer like a rabid fanboy and belittle everyone who dares to criticize this precious piece of coding.

I'm glad you have had smooth and bugfree gaming experience. I haven't. And I'm goint to discuss about them on these boards and on other forums.

If we're talking about this game and it's launch. It probably is a pretty decent experience if you don't do anything MMOish things (crafting, trading, PvP just as an example). Or if you try to utilize your lvl50, you have much working features to do (Operations are bugged I've been told, PvP in Illum is a total mess, crafting is useless, there's absolutely no trading). You're left with Star Wars: The Non-existent Republic, The Sequel (The horror of rolling alts).

I was just wondering when someone will throw you are a 'rabid fanboy / defender' retort. Thanks for not disappointing.

I was defending my own experince with game and not Bioware..i think you are just reaching at this moment...really really..reaching.

And if you feel be littled because i diagree with you... you have lot more issues that having nothign to do with SWTOR. But hey you had to get personal..that is all you do.

But you do realize that you've told your own experience about the game about 50 times in various threads?

That's what ignited me to tell you're acting like a rabid fanboy, notice the word acted. I didn't say you're a rabid fanboy (because I don't know you, I can't tell if you are).

I don't mind people disagreeing with me, disagreement is what keeps the discussion alive.

About issues I have with SW:ToR, the 1st issue is (and I've mentioned it here already) is that I bought the game 10 days ago. I have been able to play it for 5 days. And then they kick the bucket down and don't even give any proper explanation why they do so. I think that is a major.

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

patch note, i use the word note sparingly, are out my friend. you tell me if you think it was worth all of this hub bub

It was worth it for all those who were effected by this issue and they are as important as you and me.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by Gorilla

Played all the way to lvl 50 and now leveling another alt. So far i have come across total of 4 bugs and one crash in 200+ hours of game time. Exploits are something that are very common to MMOS and every newly released MMO goes through that phase. So excuse me if i don't believe that 'bugs in game are numerous' BS.

That says more about your powers of observation than the bugs in TOR. You just have to look at what the devs have acknowledged and even already fixed. I'm astonished you can not notice so much.

So you are telling me i should stop playing the game and go after bugs which are not even effecting my game progression in any way just because i have a point to prove with you guys? yes i came across total of 4 bugs which effected me directly other than that smooth sailing all the way  to 50.

I have seen all the patch notes by the way but i stillf ail to see these 'numerous' bugs. You know what that word means right?

I don't think that is what he's saying.

I think he's discussing about the game and it's flaws and bugs and gamebreakers. You on the other hand (and I say this in the most polite way) defend the game and the developer like a rabid fanboy and belittle everyone who dares to criticize this precious piece of coding.

I'm glad you have had smooth and bugfree gaming experience. I haven't. And I'm goint to discuss about them on these boards and on other forums.

If we're talking about this game and it's launch. It probably is a pretty decent experience if you don't do anything MMOish things (crafting, trading, PvP just as an example). Or if you try to utilize your lvl50, you have much working features to do (Operations are bugged I've been told, PvP in Illum is a total mess, crafting is useless, there's absolutely no trading). You're left with Star Wars: The Non-existent Republic, The Sequel (The horror of rolling alts).

I was just wondering when someone will throw you are a 'rabid fanboy / defender' retort. Thanks for not disappointing.

I was defending my own experince with game and not Bioware..i think you are just reaching at this moment...really really..reaching.

And if you feel be littled because i diagree with you... you have lot more issues that having nothign to do with SWTOR. But hey you had to get personal..that is all you do.

But you do realize that you've told your own experience about the game about 50 times in various threads?

That's what ignited me to tell you're acting like a rabid fanboy, notice the word acted. I didn't say you're a rabid fanboy (because I don't know you, I can't tell if you are).

I don't mind people disagreeing with me, disagreement is what keeps the discussion alive.

About issues I have with SW:ToR, the 1st issue is (and I've mentioned it here already) is that I bought the game 10 days ago. I have been able to play it for 5 days. And then they kick the bucket down and don't even give any proper explanation why they do so. I think that is a major.

Nah you are still reaching......

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

It was worth it for all those who were effected by this issue and they are as important as you and me.

you are correct, you are on fire tonight (or morning i should say) with your counterpoints!

they are important, but for my own selfish reasons. im still gonna huff n puff

I don't understand why they can't have US downtimes and then EU downtimes. Is it that hard to do?

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Originally posted by Zinzan

They have really humped the pooch with this one, pissed off the US and EU and still haven't given any explanation for the patch thats screwing with everyones night/morning.

Disabling the forum was such a bad move as well, but thats what happens when you have official forums, they can gag anyone they want whenever they wish.

They have given a reason.

Its to patch numerous exploits introduced to OPS with Tuesdays patch.

I dont like the fact its a Saturday morning which is the one day my folks have my children and my main peaceful playtime BUT if it nips a exploit or 5 in the bud before it is abused rampantly by the community, I fully support it.

Yeah....i can smell your trousers burning....

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• MattNeMattNe Member Posts: 90

Since the earth is round,  one could argue that, ANY time, or ALL the time, is a bad time to take down servers for some player somewhere.

I suspose that the solution is a rolling patch. I see the possibility for complaints here too, and staffing/cost issues.

But, whatever. I'd like to play myself. It was years ago I made peace with maintnance. At any time. I like things fixxed.

Originally posted by Thodra

General

edit:

I'm wndering about this too.. Why all these downtimes, with so few fixes, i mean, they take the servers down suddenly, and fixing something they could wait with. I have no idea of whats ging on at BW HQ

And they are doing this during the day on Saturday? For once I would like to see maintenance times in EU at night. This is the only company that does not separate maintenance times. Probably because they are short on money.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Wish they would just tell us some sort of ETA so I know if I should go do something else instead of waiting to get their shit together.

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

General

edit:

You don't happen to have a link to this?

My internet skills are lacking today...

EDIT: Found it

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

well, another ruined morning experience, thanks BW.

not to sound upset, but this is just another entry in my personal "BW ruined my day" records.

servers are up now, just in time when the parents visiting is near.

im taking a bath now, you know, irl responsibilities ...

its not about the game, the game is nice, but this ignorant behavior of all these damn mmo game companies ... worth a rant sometimes

Originally posted by rawfox

well, another ruined morning experience, thanks BW.

not to sound upset, but this is just another entry in my personal "BW ruined my day" records.

servers are up now, just in time when the parents visiting is near.

im taking a bath now, you know, irl responsibilities ...

its not about the game, the game is nice, but this ignorant behavior of all these damn mmo game companies ... worth a rant sometimes

becareful of electrocution :D

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Its getting on alot of people nerves alrady and they keep chooisng bad times to implement patches.

Its shit for USA players when they wanted a long night with SWTOR, but its also bad for EU players who cant play on the saturday morning and most of the midday....

This is going to backfire more then they want...

Still got 2 months left of subscription certainly not going to continue player SWTOR, to many shit going on making this game a succes for me.

Single player its the best mmo out there lol -_- single player <------

Originally posted by Yamota

Wish they would just tell us some sort of ETA so I know if I should go do something else instead of waiting to get their shit together.

.. nope it is not their shit - they have your subscription fee, on the other hand you have ...