Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bioware is making me FURIOUS!

Comments

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

Originally posted by Shivam

Originally posted by stayontarget

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

it isn't like they're the first company to suspend forum useage during these types of maintenance and patches. Why bother keeping them open? The bulk of the posts will turn into a flame fest anyways like they always do if they don't. Which I suppose is what the Op was getting at but whatever.

Can't say I blame them. Annoying it is going down though but whatever x2.

Because the forums are the communty, you dont treat the community like a maintenace fix on a whim.  Where is the respect to your paying customers?

~I cannot believe you posted that Wickedjelly, shame on you~

One needs to spend 5 minutes on forums to understand that these people deserve no respect. How do you respect someone who doesn't respect himself?

Paying 15 bucks a month doesn't entitle you to deserve respect.

Totally agree with you. The SWTOR forums are a place I very rarely go. Most people thought that when they became a place for paying customers only that they would settle down and become a better place but alas it was not to be. Shame really.

• SpankthetoadSpankthetoad Member UncommonPosts: 83

6 am CST and the game is still not up lol

Spankthetoad

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

They probably fix...ehh bandaging yet another meriad of exploits.

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

So if I understand this, there not allowed to fix things off dedicated times, even if its imporatant. So f an exploit is found wednesday they have to wait ill next tuesday to fix it. Got it.

Also if there forums are tied to there Game thats also not allowed because we need to complain about them fixing the game.

So it actually appears when a company releases a game with bugs its what people want becuase no one wants them to fix it.

Or is it the game has so few bugs people cant understand why there fixing it now since there so irrelevant and just let me play.

Bioware cant win.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

It's simple really to maximise revenue you need to maximise availibility of your service. They are not even attempting to do this this in the EU. It has cost them subs though in my case I think I should actually thank them for that. When I left I would have re subscribed if they had rectified the matter (seperate EU maintenance times), as of now I don't think I would. Sure I'm probablly in the minority but a sub is a sub isn't it.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

they seems to have the worst timing for their dowtime esp for euro

Originally posted by Spankthetoad

1PM CET here in Europe lol.  And no ETA as to when they are expected back up again.

I really start to wonder what happened and what is going on that flipped Bioware and made them switch on "Total Panic" mode yet again.

It's in the middle of a weekend.... so they better come up with a hell of an explanatio....... sales pitch.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Maintenance has been extended with no ETA

UPDATE 5:45 AM CST: Today's server maintenance has been extended. At this time, we do not have an estimate for the end of the maintenance. Thank you for your patience.

Originally posted by JeroKane

1PM CET here in Europe lol.  And no ETA as to when they are expected back up again.

I really start to wonder what happened and what is going on that flipped Bioware and made them switch on "Total Panic" mode yet again.

It's in the middle of a weekend.... so they better come up with a hell of an explanatio....... sales pitch.

They will do but it will take 10 people to write it 10 to edit it,  cross check it against interpol and FBI databses, seek permissions from the Queen of England and Jimmy Hoffa then they will say its coming tomorrow but arrive three days later.

I have never encountered a company with such red tape for everything they do.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by thamighty213

UPDATE 5:45 AM CST: Today's server maintenance has been extended. At this time, we do not have an estimate for the end of the maintenance. Thank you for your patience.

Seems like they majorly screwed up something and now they dont know how to fix it.

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444

I guess i won't be playing today. Was hoping to play a bit, before my friends arrived at 5 pm gmt+1

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

Originally posted by pmaura

So if I understand this, there not allowed to fix things off dedicated times, even if its imporatant. So f an exploit is found wednesday they have to wait ill next tuesday to fix it. Got it.

Also if there forums are tied to there Game thats also not allowed because we need to complain about them fixing the game.

So it actually appears when a company releases a game with bugs its what people want becuase no one wants them to fix it.

Or is it the game has so few bugs people cant understand why there fixing it now since there so irrelevant and just let me play.

Bioware cant win.

You didn't understand right.

They are allowed to do everything possible to enhance the game for the better but when they do that they need to COMMUNICATE. This time they decided not to. I'm sure 99% of players would've nodded approvingly if they said something along lines:

"We're going to take the servers down to fix the /stuck problem in PvP. At the same time we're taking backups in order to make Tuesdays maintenance and patching go well. May the Force be with you."

See, communicate.

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

I am surprised that you are still playing the game. Not surprised about maintenance at all though.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

Originally posted by Yamota

Seems like they majorly screwed up something and now they dont know how to fix it.

This happens quite often actually, they extend it... not good

• SpankthetoadSpankthetoad Member UncommonPosts: 83

5:45 Game will be down longer then then the 6 am startup time posted on the login screen.  I have no idea when its going live again.  :(

Spankthetoad

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Complication

read the other posts in this thread before you comment on my OP.

also it was a mixture of sarcasm and disapproval.

and loke, i spend to much money when i go to my local dive bar :D

Duh, you sure? :)

And my reply had none of that, right?

The only way to reply to sarcasm and disapproval is with the same thing.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by evianwater
    I don't know if I should be angry at EA or Bioware...because as much as Bioware's name is all over the game, it was EA's pressure to get the game out that got us an incomplete game. 

Oh i'm sure the fans and supporters were innocent in that too? 

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by Thodra

Uh-oH

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

There are basically only two possible scenarios here:

1. They discovered yet again a huge exploit that had gone rampant, switched off the servers in panic mode and now twiddeling in how to fix the mess.

2. A patch has gone badly wrong and screwed up the live servers royally and they didn't had a proper fallback plan and don't know how to revert it.... possibly resulting in a rollback of all servers... which might also explain why it's taking so long and them not giving an ETA.

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by Mellkor

Originally posted by evianwater

I don't know if I should be angry at EA or Bioware...because as much as Bioware's name is all over the game, it was EA's pressure to get the game out that got us an incomplete game. 

Oh i'm sure the fans and supporters were innocent in that too? 

Yeah it is also fans fault. Don't leave anyone, get the am all with your hate..no one shall escape.

*rolls eyes*

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• ComplicationComplication Member Posts: 209

Bioware cant win.

and yet you failed to actually read any of the factual replies in this thread or go to the actual forum itself and see how and when they informed us of this downtime.

there was no mention of it being an emergency or important patch, it was just listed as maintenance.

and no, we dont expect to wait a week to fix an important exploit or bug, if they have the fix for some of those things we are understanding enough to know it needs fixing IF THEY FUCKING TELL US ABOUT IT

and no their forums arent "tied" to the game. they have the ability to bring the forums up or down or enabled or disabled at will.

and the bugs, and there are lots of them, are not so irrelevant that we the playerbase are like teehee oh well, lets just play they arent that important anyways!

the bugs in this game are numerous, also is the buggiest launch ive seen for an mmo in a long time. nothing beats vanguard and mortal online though.

your reply to this entire thread is impulsive and completely false

but you're right, bioware can't win. because they cant stop fucking up

There are basically only two possible scenarios here:

1. They discovered yet again a huge exploit that had gone rampant, switched off the servers in panic mode and now twiddeling in how to fix the mess.

2. A patch has gone badly wrong and screwed up the live servers royally and they didn't had a proper fallback plan and don't know how to revert it.... possibly resulting in a rollback of all servers... which might also explain why it's taking so long and them not giving an ETA.

Yea could easely be like that :-)

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

Extended downtime on a Saturday with no ETA. Fail >_>

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• ComplicationComplication Member Posts: 209

Originally posted by Loke666

read the other posts in this thread before you comment on my OP.

also it was a mixture of sarcasm and disapproval.

and loke, i spend to much money when i go to my local dive bar :D

Duh, you sure? :)

And my reply had none of that, right?

The only way to reply to sarcasm and disapproval is with the same thing.

i guess i should of clarified lol. i was replying to your post and the other guys post above you.

im aware of your posting history on this site since ive been on it so long so i know to take what you say with a grain of salt.

but im still not going to the pub tonight, also because last call ended 3 hours ago :(

Bioware cant win.

and yet you failed to actually read any of the factual replies in this thread or go to the actual forum itself and see how and when they informed us of this downtime.

there was no mention of it being an emergency or important patch, it was just listed as maintenance.

and no, we dont expect to wait a week to fix an important exploit or bug, if they have the fix for some of those things we are understanding enough to know it needs fixing IF THEY FUCKING TELL US ABOUT IT

and no their forums arent "tied" to the game. they have the ability to bring the forums up or down or enabled or disabled at will.

and the bugs, and there are lots of them, are not so irrelevant that we the playerbase are like teehee oh well, lets just play they arent that important anyways!

the bugs in this game are numerous, also is the buggiest launch ive seen for an mmo in a long time. nothing beats vanguard and mortal online though.

your reply to this entire thread is impulsive and completely false

but you're right, bioware can't win. because they cant stop fucking up

Bioware are learning not to tell us of exploits though.

Look at every exploit there has been so far.

They fix them but they take very little action (if any) on the exploiters,   they tell us its an exploit then the first thing that happens is people start repoting people they suspect of this.

If its anything like there normal reporting then they are a joke at it I reported a guy who 3 weeks ago was speed hacking in PVP hes still alive and well on our server now valor 60 with full BM set.   I have outright given up on BW taking retrospective action on players and not just trying to brush these exploits under the rug with stelth fixes disguised as maintenance,