Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 in Gametrailers Most Anticipated Games 2012

MorcotulconMorcotulcon Member UncommonPosts: 262

Hey guys, just to tell you some news from Gametrailers.

1. The GT staff voted Guild wars 2 as the 10th Most Antecipated Game of 2012: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-10-gt-countdown/726182

2. The GT users rated it as the 2nd Most Antecipated Game of 2012, right before Diablo III in 1st: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-10-gt-countdown/726285.

I don't follow Gametrailers but from what people told me and these last days watching it more closelly, it seems they usually don't like PC games, specially MMOs. So it's surprising GW2 to have these results, even more in the users poll.

Comments

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Cool. 

I actually like most of those games and plan on playing them.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Some of those games that went ahead of GW2 make me wonder about GTrailers ._. Halo 4, really? Assassin's Creed 3? AC's a good series but much like the Zelda series, any difference between them is almost negligable save a storyline that grows stale anytime the perspective switches back to Desmond (could he be more of a pussy?). I'll give them the majority of the rest, though. The final culmination of the Mass Effect storyline, the new Metal Gear and the recent Tomb Raider look phenomenal.

Never got into Resident Evil or GTA, but I understand their popularity and I actually enjoy watching people play RE, even if I won't play it myself (my aim is so fail)

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

"your number one pick wasn't even on our list at all"

...That describes EVERYTHING I want to say about these videos.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Gametrailers is all about console games. I'm kind of surprised GW2 actually made the list.

• ThrageThrage Member Posts: 200

Originally posted by grimm6th

I'm pretty sure they just realize D3 isn't coming in 2012.  Because let's face it, it's not.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Thrage

I'm pretty sure they just realize D3 isn't coming in 2012.  Because let's face it, it's not.

And why would D3 not make 2012?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

It's good to see Guild Wars 2 in a Top 10 List within the midst of multi-platform titles, to help boost its publicity. Although I find it sad that certain games, with no gameplay available whatsoever, managed to make the list. I mean seriously, why is Halo 4 on their when it's not Bungie, so quality isn't garaunteed and no gameplay available to justify the hype. image

• ZalKinZalKin Member Posts: 31

I voted for Bioshock infinite on that poll, i just couldn't make myself vote for GW2 even thought it's the most hyped i've been for an mmorpg. Maybe because the last mmorpg i was super hyped for was Warhammer and we know how that went....

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Oh? Does that mean they finally put together their gaming PC? I still remember what happened with STALKER.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

It might but let´s face it, it was originally supposed to be out 2006 and Blizz is famous for delaying games.

BlizzardNorth had a pretty working version already in 2005 before Blizz terminated themand now had the lead designer quitted while they have announced some changes.

It might release mars but it wouldn´t surprise me if it released in 2013 either.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

It is a site with heavy console influence, GW2 was the only pc exclusive on the list and im actually surprised for it

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Yeah I think pretty good for a console site that GW2 is on it image

• CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353

Glad to see 2 PC exclusives on the top. Especially GW2. :)

Eat me!

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by Thrage

I really wan't talking about D3 at all, more the sense that the people picking the games have a somewhat anticipated list than most gamers (or at least the ones who bothered going to the poll.  Also, D3 doesn't need to come out this year to be highly anticipated...

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• semantikronsemantikron Member Posts: 258

Interesting how games that players aren't as excited about as the staff are not sufficiently understood, but the ones players are looking forward to more than the staff owe their position to rabid fandom.  On the other hand, D3 will be crap.

Charr: Outta my way.
    Human: What's your problem?
    Charr: Your thin skin.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

It might but let´s face it, it was originally supposed to be out 2006 and Blizz is famous for delaying games.

BlizzardNorth had a pretty working version already in 2005 before Blizz terminated themand now had the lead designer quitted while they have announced some changes.

It might release mars but it wouldn´t surprise me if it released in 2013 either.

Holy crap Loke...were you a bit tipsy when you wrote this?

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Some of those games that went ahead of GW2 make me wonder about GTrailers ._. Halo 4, really? Assassin's Creed 3? AC's a good series but much like the Zelda series, any difference between them is almost negligable save a storyline that grows stale anytime the perspective switches back to Desmond (could he be more of a pussy?). I'll give them the majority of the rest, though. The final culmination of the Mass Effect storyline, the new Metal Gear and the recent Tomb Raider look phenomenal.

Never got into Resident Evil or GTA, but I understand their popularity and I actually enjoy watching people play RE, even if I won't play it myself (my aim is so fail)

I dont get your reasoning. it sounds like your basing your personal perception of halo and assassins creed, as how the majority of people will feel. 60 million people have xboxs. you honestly cant see why other people would have a big interest in seeing the next adventures of characters in that franchise?

but somehow mass effect or tomb raider is ok? - two other sequel running franchises. what. the. frack.

i dont need to agree or disagree with a list like this. that has nothing to do with one questioning anyone. your basically saying that because their taste is not yours, that you dont consider them valid or legitimate, and thats silly.