Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best PvP: DCUO

I vote that, as of last night (November 10th), DCUO has the best PvP of any game I've played.  WAR's was pretty awesome, but a open world, super action-oriented, skill reliant, superpowered street war between good and evil beats all (as far as I'm concerned).  Do yourself a favor and, if you haven't all ready, create an account and make a character on the pvp server. 

Comments

• gurugeorgegurugeorge Member UncommonPosts: 481

I'm normally not a PvP-er, DCUO is the first game in which I've gone on the PvP server and had a whale of a time in open world PvP.  Arenas are a different matter - quite snobbish, and top skilled players who don't suffer fools gladly.  And Legends are ok, although they take some getting used to. 

But the open world - yeah, that's a HELL of a lot of fun.  Just archetypal white hats and black hats, fun fun fun.

• brutotalbrutotal Member Posts: 276

The hard rock paper scissors (+100% dmg to x class really?)  is lame but the pvp can be amazing for groups.

There is no real reason to level solo on a pvp server because you can switch between pve and pvp at will. As a group running over pubbies and getting rewarded for it the open world pvp is pretty fun and gets intresting quick when the rival faction's group rolls up.

• ShredderSEShredderSE Member Posts: 197

It's fun. Yesterday I was runing up a high building and by suprice I found a Hero standing at some computer. I attacked and we had a short fight on the roof. It was fun, but I was only lvl 3 and he looked bad ass... so I jumped away hehe.

And people seem nice even if it is PvP all over the city. No ganking like in WoW so far.

• travdotytravdoty Member UncommonPosts: 274

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

Originally posted by ShredderSE

It's fun. Yesterday I was runing up a high building and by suprice I found a Hero standing at some computer. I attacked and we had a short fight on the roof. It was fun, but I was only lvl 3 and he looked bad ass... so I jumped away hehe.

And people seem nice even if it is PvP all over the city. No ganking like in WoW so far.

Don't worry you will get ganked soon enough. Level 30's like to sit around quest areas and torture lowbies. All you have to do is call for some reinforcements in shout though and you will get help. Your best bet is to just follow a different string of quests where the enemy is not camping. They move around quite a bit so you can always go back to the quest you were getting ganked at at a diff time! You'll get your revenge as well! Have Fun and Good Luck!

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• ShredderSEShredderSE Member Posts: 197

Originally posted by ForumTroll

Don't worry you will get ganked soon enough. Level 30's like to sit around quest areas and torture lowbies. All you have to do is call for some reinforcements in shout though and you will get help. Your best bet is to just follow a different string of quests where the enemy is not camping. They move around quite a bit so you can always go back to the quest you were getting ganked at at a diff time! You'll get your revenge as well! Have Fun and Good Luck!

All was so great until yesterday. Ganked. =( ...so I watched some TV.

Then I found a place where I can change to PvE! I just hope it's possible to change back! =)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by ForumTroll

All was so great until yesterday. Ganked. =( ...so I watched some TV.

Then I found a place where I can change to PvE! I just hope it's possible to change back! =)

you can switch back and forth, which i think is a great addition.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

unfortunately, the PVP in this game is not very rewarding

I too loved the skill system and the action based PVP, but other than the personal satisfaction of defeating someone, there is no real reward to actively seek out players to fight or even try to PVP.

I wish they would implement a similar to DAOC system of skills that can be acquired only through PVP or some other reward system that can make endgame PVP much more meaningful.

as of now, I had to switch to PVE on a few servers because of constant ganking by high level players or because it just didn't feel like I was wasting time running back to my quest location everytime I got ganked and even if I won I didn't feel like I achieved something

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• mainvein33mainvein33 Member Posts: 406

Originally posted by lalartu

unfortunately, the PVP in this game is not very rewarding

I too loved the skill system and the action based PVP, but other than the personal satisfaction of defeating someone, there is no real reward to actively seek out players to fight or even try to PVP.

I wish they would implement a similar to DAOC system of skills that can be acquired only through PVP or some other reward system that can make endgame PVP much more meaningful.

as of now, I had to switch to PVE on a few servers because of constant ganking by high level players or because it just didn't feel like I was wasting time running back to my quest location everytime I got ganked and even if I won I didn't feel like I achieved something

Well to break it down unless your 30 and well skilled in pvp and in full T3 youll not understand that good pvp play is rewarded with gear. Now open world pvp is for the lulz and youll will be ganked often as a lowby. However pvp in this game is the reward doing pve earning skill points grinding feats all result in making you stronger. The grind for T3 pvp gear the gear itself will set you so far ahead of a freshly minted 30 and they might as well quit. The fact that it takes so long to earn the marks only adds to the reward.

As far as pvp specfic skills there arent any and thats a good thing balance in this game has been messed up forever it doesnt need more "I win" buttons. If you want to play that game play in legends buy Batman/Bane/Nightwing and roll over people like they are  gum on a sidewalk.

The other thing is skills are more a means to an end pulling off weapon combos at fast speeds will have you dropping folks faster than the blue bar. Skills for most classes are used more to open windows to unload your weapon damage.