Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want an MMO with Hardcore PVE! HARD! As in wipe all nigh this boss is soooo hard!

VillafrancaVillafranca Member Posts: 33

Title pretty much sums it up! I was told to try RIFT .... not sure if the PVE is like that... is it

Multi phases, and epic boss fights! Not just a tank and spank boss with 10000000000000 HP.

Again looking for an MMO with hardcore pve! 

If you have other suggestions , it must be a fantasy MMO. 

Thanks!!! :)

Comments

• NeverdyneNeverdyne Member Posts: 167

WoW hard modes. If you get all the way to Deathwing and kill him on hard mode before the nerfs, I'll give you a medal.

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724

If a group comes in a one-shot's it, would you be mad?

• kimahriskimahris Member Posts: 55

GL w that.. Gaming Industry are mass making user's friendly game  (AKA easy mode). Been looking for that aswell for about 4 years.

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412

Rift's bosses aren't all tank and spank. There's a lot of raid coordination... Why don't you look up some boss fight videos from Hammerknell and judge for yourself.

• ShroudednovaShroudednova Member Posts: 29

You want PvE challenge, try Ryzom.

• VillafrancaVillafranca Member Posts: 33

Ryzom is sci fi :(

that is not what I am looking for.......and you said why in ur post

"before the nerfs"

I want the fights to remain hard, if you down it and a week later everyone and their mother do also it loses its excitment! 

And one boss being hard is also not what I want, Im looking for more then one end game boss to be hard.

• StrayfeStrayfe Member UncommonPosts: 199

A couple years ago I would have said FFXI, but from what I understand the game has gone all to hell, and it's been years since I've played it. 

When I quit, there was a boss that had been live for years that had NEVER been killed without abusing bugs and/or exploits.  People were still trying to figure out how to kill it.  You can look into it, but I hear it's gone the WoW route with solo content and boring gameplay.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Trion is not exactly big fans of nerfing like they used to be. Hammerknell actually chewed up and spit out a few guilds. Hell that raid only had like 7 guilds clear it in 4 months before Trion finally nerfed some of it.

Infernal Dawn their next one might be as hardcore, but who knows. The guy who said WoW hardmodes before they nerf them 3 days later is a good one.

• ShroudednovaShroudednova Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by Villafranca

Ryzom is sci fi :(

Ryzom is a mix of sci fi and fantazy. Take a look at the Kami faction and the Mistic Zorai race. There is magic and the Kitin Lair is no joke. My opinion, great game and heavy PvE challenge.

Good luck though, hope you find what you looking for.

• TypososTyposos Member UncommonPosts: 39

lotro T2 raids its hard atm , TOWER OF ORTHANC

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Dark Age of Camelot was hard in its vanilla state. Anarchy Online can be a very tough PVE wh*re. World of Warcraft in its vanilla state had tons of tough mobs in PVE which were a challenge to solo.

What results? These are all games that are literally overhauled in terms of grafics and most important in terms of gameplay. As fun as it is to look back in my mind and remembering the good times, re-installing is a sheer frustration. Which I did the last months.

Nothing is the same. Nothing stays the same. Enjoy it while it lasts. And pray along with me for challenging new titles in the near future. Tho GW2 etc will not be on that list. Still I'll play em, but as expected: Casual-style. Again.

Ptooey!

Edit: And oh yeah, believe it or not - I just re-downloaded Rift^^ (of course I was unaware of this thread) and trashed it one hour later. Again.

My face is so :( today. Think I should step away from the PC till D3 and GW2 hits live. Junk everywhere...

Bytheway : why dont you make a concept for your own MMO?

Why wasting time with titles that will bore you anyway a few days or a week later? Why hunt the experience someone tries to give and why dont you create that experience for yourself?

Everyone starts small, I know. But making a concept at least will bring you further to that point: What do I want exactly

The value is so much bigger than trying all the the titles we veterans have all played and wont come back.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Plenty of MMO's have hard bosses. Take Wow for example. Go in and take on a boss- WITHOUT using guides, thrid party app's, etc.

They make hard bosses, but the world is all connected these days, and even if you yourself don't go and find help from a guide or video, etc, SOMEONE in your raid/party will and will spoil it for you.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

I do not want to even get excited about GW2 because I have been let down to many times over the past 5 years! :(

I donno what its even about really. I just read about ppl saying its going to be sweet....but i have heard that 25 times with other games!

I do not want to even get excited about GW2 because I have been let down to many time over the past 5 years! :(

No idea where you live, but here it's 2am in the morning and I am in the same :-/ mood as you. Time to go to sleep ;)

Did you play GW1? I know its not a challenge but atleast something. Personally I downloaded it yesterday and junked it today. Couldn't stand the animations and everything.

Its really interesting to see how game-development changes your taste of games aswell. You get better animations, better grafics, you mostly wont go back to the old stuff.

What you could do - like I did - sub to the upcoming TERA Online Beta. At least you have reaction-based combat and can solo elites and raid-bosses :)

• EliteGurkeEliteGurke Member Posts: 4

Try Vanguard on Telon Server.
    These days there are not too many players anymore.
    But the big raiding guilds still have huge problems killing the end game bosses there.
    they need a LOT of coordination and skill and good gear, too.
    and it'll be a while until you're able to try one of them, cuz raid content is
    starting with lvl 48. max lvl is 55 these days and you won't be able to
    hit 55 alone... means, you need the mmo part of the game ;)
    I played 2 1/2 of the 5 years the game exists and I never capped ^^
    but I was no hardcore raider though, just playing for fun.
    the excitement after killing Fengrot the first time was AWESOME =)

hf trying :)

Originally posted by 4bsolute

Why wasting time with titles that will bore you anyway a few days or a week later? Why hunt the experience someone tries to give and why dont you create that experience for yourself?

Everyone starts small, I know. But making a concept at least will bring you further to that point: What do I want exactly

The value is so much bigger than trying all the the titles we veterans have all played and wont come back.

I wish I could, but I have no time to even think about it. I own a bussines. Sadly I have to rely on someone else. I want to just come home from work and raid all night! lol :(..... I do really want to down the line open another bussines, a LAN center. Though about timeing the opening with that of a new epic mmo. Make a guild for it, local one and such for hard PVE, like a sports league, but instead of going to the hockey rink, you go to the LAN center for raids 3-4 nights a week!

I wish I could, but I have no time to even think about it. I own a bussines. Sadly I have to rely on someone else. I want to just come home from work and raid all night! lol :(..... I do really want to down the line open another bussines, a LAN center. Though about timeing the opening with that of a new epic mmo. Make a guild for it, local one and such for hard PVE, like a sports league, but instead of going to the hockey rink, you go to the LAN center for raids 3-4 nights a week!

Did you play Wow vanilla? Thats exaclty the situation I and my guild and many others were in: Raiding all week and getting stuck at bosses 24/7. Why? Because there were no walkthroughs or Addons out there. It happened quite often that we didnt kill a new boss for a whole week. But the killing, with all the effort then finally was so rewarding!! Was my time when I skipped school the first time for a MMO^^ It was priceless

I do not want to even get excited about GW2 because I have been let down to many time over the past 5 years! :(

No idea where you live, but here it's 2am in the morning and I am in the same :-/ mood as you. Time to go to sleep ;)

Did you play GW1? I know its not a challenge but atleast something. Personally I downloaded it yesterday and junked it today. Couldn't stand the animations and everything.

Its really interesting to see how game-development changes your taste of games aswell. You get better animations, better grafics, you mostly wont go back to the old stuff.

What you could do - like I did - sub to the upcoming TERA Online Beta. At least you have reaction-based combat and can solo elites and raid-bosses :)

Never played GW1, well I tryed it for 5 min and junked it lol! I looked at TERA, looks nice but solo raid bosses does not sound enjoyable, its the 10-40 people you raid with that makes it what it is!

Did you play Wow vanilla? Thats exaclty the situation I and my guild and many others were in: Raiding all week and getting stuck at bosses 24/7. Why? Because there were no walkthroughs or Addons out there. It happened quite often that we didnt kill a new boss for a whole week. But the killing, with all the effort then finally was so rewarding!! Was my time when I skipped school the first time for a MMO^^ It was priceless

I did play it but on a junk computer, I recall BWL as a slide show lol! I really enjoyed the first part of TBC raiding, before they nerfed Vashj and Keal, and got rid of the keys ... so on.

Never played GW1, well I tryed it for 5 min and junked it lol! I looked at TERA, looks nice but solo raid bosses does not sound enjoyable, its the 10-40 people you raid with that makes it what it is!

I guess you cant solo raid bosses, but bigger elites. I enjoy myself dealing with content solo, but thats just me.

Well, actually Rift has some tough PVE going. No idea why I didnt mention that in the first place. The bosses are quite tricky. Well, Rift is free. Why not give it a try? You even get one full month of everything right now, for subbing, I read just a few hours ago. Server migrated only 30%. There are many players still playing that game.

On release I did many 5mans, which were tricky. Never did raid-content, just some open-world raid-content for reputation, which was quite enjoyable.

The game is stable. Connection is fine, never had any lags. They patch quite frequently and implement very nice things. The support is lightning-fast. Community is noob-friendly aswell. You always find someone for instances or rifts. Gameplay wasnt that enjoyable for me. But at least you have variations with all the class-combos! Was worth a month, definitely. Endgame didnt exist on release tho. Does now I think.

Edit: Yeah I quit Wow when TBC hit live. Re-did Wotlk and TBC in one rush lateron. Quit again. Came back for Cata. Quit again. Never again lol

I guess you cant solo raid bosses, but bigger elites. I enjoy myself dealing with content solo, but thats just me.

Well, actually Rift has some tough PVE going. No idea why I didnt mention that in the first place. The bosses are quite tricky. Well, Rift is free. Why not give it a try? You even get one full month of everything right now, for subbing, I read just a few hours ago. Server migrated only 30%. There are many players still playing that game.

On release I did many 5mans, which were tricky. Never did raid-content, just some open-world raid-content for reputation, which was quite enjoyable.

The game is stable. Connection is fine, never had any lags. They patch quite frequently and implement very nice things. The support is lightning-fast. Community is noob-friendly aswell. You always find someone for instances or rifts. Gameplay wasnt that enjoyable for me. But at least you have variations with all the class-combos! Was worth a month, definitely. Endgame didnt exist on release tho. Does now I think.

Edit: Yeah I quit Wow when TBC hit live. Re-did Wotlk and TBC in one rush lateron. Quit again. Came back for Cata. Quit again. Never again lol

Yea Im going to give it a shot! if it does not work then I dont know, im sure you will see another one of these posts from me lol. Thanks for your Input! Now go to sleep its 2AM remember!! lol

Yea Im going to give it a shot! if it does not work then I dont know, im sure you will see another one of these posts from me lol. Thanks for your Input! Now go to sleep its 2AM remember!! lol

I do, I do^^ and yeah, there's no harm in trying. Good luck

PS: Just for the experience might want to try out "Vindictus" - reaction based Action...something...multiplayer...RPG? Was fun a few hours. But not more lol

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Solo Expert Tier dungeons. I'll bet you can get the "wipe all nigh this boss is soooo hard!"

lol

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.