Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Full Loot Server Petition?

Comments

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

Originally posted by BTrayaL

Originally posted by Kuro1n

Imo it could be done like in older tibia, % chance to drop items you have on but you always drop your backpack or such.

And like I said there is many who are looking for this full loot experience so saying "NO YOU CANT ALWAY PLEASE EVERYONE!" is just stupid, why should your opinion and way of playing be accepted but others not? Theres way more games where theres no full loot. Im saying this and even then i prefer games with partial loot such as EVE or Tibia or no loot at all (L2 style).

In L2 you can loot from PvP, under a certain condition, with a probability. (Or at least you could before F2P.. I don't know now.)

Only time you can loot in L2 is if the enemy is PK flagged, completely terrible with the new system to handle PK honestly and partly why i cant stand playing it nowadays.

Long time ago you could drop by getting killed by mobs also but that was changed in c4-c5 somewhere.

Either way dropping in l2 is hardly existing at all.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Imo it could be done like in older tibia, % chance to drop items you have on but you always drop your backpack or such.

And like I said there is many who are looking for this full loot experience so saying "NO YOU CANT ALWAY PLEASE EVERYONE!" is just stupid, why should your opinion and way of playing be accepted but others not? Theres way more games where theres no full loot. Im saying this and even then i prefer games with partial loot such as EVE or Tibia or no loot at all (L2 style).

Originally posted by SandboxerX

As it seems right now ArcheAge will not be a full loot game. While it may be possible to kill other players at will you will not be able to loot them. I started a petition to get XL Games to create a separate full loot server for the hardcore sandbox crowd. Even if you do not like full loot MMO's it would behoove you to sign this petition so that gankers will stay on there own server. Please sign this petition. http://sandboxer.org/?p=541

So.. even if I don't like the ideea, I still should agree with you and sign it.. riiight!! =))

Well why not? keep the people you dislike off your server. You dont have anything to lose from it except that the game attracts a wider audience which will just make the game more popular.

Who do you think will pay in the end for the aditional server?

As it seems right now ArcheAge will not be a full loot game. While it may be possible to kill other players at will you will not be able to loot them. I started a petition to get XL Games to create a separate full loot server for the hardcore sandbox crowd. Even if you do not like full loot MMO's it would behoove you to sign this petition so that gankers will stay on there own server. Please sign this petition. http://sandboxer.org/?p=541

So.. even if I don't like the ideea, I still should agree with you and sign it.. riiight!! =))

Well why not? keep the people you dislike off your server. You dont have anything to lose from it except that the game attracts a wider audience which will just make the game more popular.

Most likely the players that enjoy that kind of server, getting people into and used to a game can later make them convert to play different kinds of server. You seems like a really narrow minded person honestly, cant see or accept any other opinions than your own.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Most likely the players that enjoy that kind of server, getting people into and used to a game can later make them convert to play different kinds of server. You seems like a really narrow minded person honestly, cant see or accept any other opinions than your own.

Nice, let's go to personal attacks, and I'm the narrow minded one :)

No, we will all pay for it, because it won't be a separate subscription for a full-loot server, will it? I can't believe I even have to explain this..

So, for your enjoyment, let's ALL pay, right? Sure, let's rent a server and bandwidth for something most of us won't even touch. Kinda self-centered..

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

No, we will all pay for it, because it won't be a separate subscription for a full-loot server, will it? I can't believe I even have to explain this..

So, for your enjoyment, let's ALL pay, right? Sure, let's rent a server and bandwidth for something most of us won't even touch. Kinda self-centered..

The thing is there would be quite a lot of people playing on that server so it would not be a waste for them. Maybe not as popular as the standard servers but that would mean they could run in on a slightly lower spec server and still make money..

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

Suporting Full Loot pvp servers too.

Give some true meaning to pvp instead of the usual crap wihtout penalities most games have.

Theres a reason why EVE pvp is still the best.. and thats called total loss. You get shot down, you loose your ship, and if podded even your implants aswel.

Full loot pvp servers all the way.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

As it seems right now ArcheAge will not be a full loot game. While it may be possible to kill other players at will you will not be able to loot them.

I started a petition to get XL Games to create a separate full loot server for the hardcore sandbox crowd.

Even if you do not like full loot MMO's it would behoove you to sign this petition so that gankers will stay on there own server.

Please sign this petition.

http://sandboxer.org/?p=541

Apart from you which seems to be in the target region..
    What gives others the right to vote and petition for a game locked in another region?

Seems to me if its locked to Korea, Then only eligible people have right to impact the games future.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Its not personal attacks, I'm just pointing out you can't see any other point of view except your own and now you are trying to paint it out as I am the "bad" guy. Im the one trying to get more people happy and wanting to play the game due to higher diversity in the game and you are the one who wants it to be your way and disagrees with any other pov. I find this amusing.

So let me ask you then, what happens if it gets a good amount of players playing there and your oh so loved version doesnt do as well as previously thought? By your ideas then your servers should be shut down because they are paying for you.

Yet since this is a player suggested idea im sure they will close down those full loot servers in case they do bad with them and not yours its a business after all.

Either you are trolling or you just refuse to see other people points, as I said narrow minded.

• dwarfhealerdwarfhealer Member Posts: 4

I am in a bit of a minority but, I preferred Darkfall's pvp and it's overall experience more than any other MMO. The reason for this was the sense of loss.

I recall times duoing with a buddy out in the Human zone. We would get loaded with loot then become engaged in a battle against multiple opponents who had a fair chance of killing us. It is both a terrifying and exhilarating feeling as one defends themselves and the loot they rightfully plundered from the locals. Hours of plundering cities, hamlets, and travelers could be lost to posh elves on cat mounts. The possibility of loss makes the battles riveting. Victory, in the end, is a heart pounding, hand trembling, audible roar of delight.   

I will admit, Darkfall lacked in a few areas, actually too numerous to count... Yet I still say firmly that it was the best PvP game I have ever played, (UO to present) most of which I contribute to the possibility of losing everything. 

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Separate  full loot server?

Yup , I will sign.  Even if I don't play there I am all for servers with separate rules or even with diffrent difficulities for PvE (not talking about AA more like general).

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

As it seems right now ArcheAge will not be a full loot game. While it may be possible to kill other players at will you will not be able to loot them. I started a petition to get XL Games to create a separate full loot server for the hardcore sandbox crowd. Even if you do not like full loot MMO's it would behoove you to sign this petition so that gankers will stay on there own server. Please sign this petition. http://sandboxer.org/?p=541

Just adding full loot servers on a game which it isn´t intended for is a misstake.

Games without full loot have a lot more focus on gear and how long time it takes to get it which means most players who roll on the full loot server will quit soon.

Nothing against full loot as such but the game needs to be made for it, otherwise you will have the same situation as a game that is only made for PvE or PvP and patch in the other part later, stuff like that needs to be something the devs should have thought about when they started on the game.

So sorry, but I can´t sign that. I don´t think the company should put resources into something that just wont work well.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

There are so many finer details of mechanics within mmo's which can be changed and split a community for a specific game. This seems to be ever more focused when it comes to snadbox games, it would seem gamers of the sandbox preference feel a greater say on said games. However where does it end? Should there not equally be a pertition for a server which provided everyone their skills fully 'leveled' or where there is a limit on the play time any character can have in any 24 hour period?

I am pro-choice in my gaming but it has to be within reason, otherwise there comes a point where we are all playing our bespoke mmo alone. Personally I see no reason the 2 loot rules need to be seperated by a server choice. As a resolution and to keep what will largely be a niche community as compact as possible I would prefer to see a flag system which allowed the player to make the choice ad-hoc.

What I mean is a flagging system with a cool down between alteration, which allowed the following choices;

1/ no loot

2/ partial loot - a single random item of anything in bags or equipment

3/ full loot - bags and equipment

The choices you make affect which loot rule is in effect for any fight, each time the lower choice rule from either player is in effect.

For instance a Flag 1 fights a Flag 2 or 3;

• No matter who wins no loot is lootable from either player

Flag 2 fights a Flag 3

• No matter who wins the flag 2 ruleset is in effect

Flag 3 fights another Flag 3

• Say byebye to everything

It's all groovy, but highly exploitable when it comes to non1v1 fights without some pretty harsh safeguards basically it would require locks of combat to the lowest Flag level with timers, but overall a small price to pay imo

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

I don't see how this would keep the "gankers" separated from the standard playerbase at all. It seems to me that whenever these "hardcore" servers pop up that many will initially try it out (much like any new server) and once the majority reach cap the only ones that stick around are the ones that have the most power- everyone else leaves because they have no chance to beat (or join) the powerhouse guilds. Seems just another facet of epeenery imo.

• ConsequenceConsequence Member UncommonPosts: 358

I am not a big fan of different rulesets for different servers for a few reasons. But the main 1 is the minority server is usually the most vocal and often obnoxious in forums and demand too much time from the devs.

The list of games that had a couple open pvp servers (like eq and daoc) compared to regular servers is pretty long. Often and definitely in bot hthose games, the few open pvp server players dominated the forums with their whines about X class being OP, Y class being UP etc etc etc.

Balance is a hard if not impossible thing to achieve in an MMO. Having servers with different rulesets only makes that worse.

I am not blaming those players for being vocal either. If I played a broken or underpowered class on a PVP full loot server, I would be vocal too.

Just let devs make the best product they can make, for the audience they intend. When people start asking for their little brand of playstyle to be included, you end up with a game that tries to please everyone and ends up pleasing nobody.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

As it seems right now ArcheAge will not be a full loot game. While it may be possible to kill other players at will you will not be able to loot them. I started a petition to get XL Games to create a separate full loot server for the hardcore sandbox crowd. Even if you do not like full loot MMO's it would behoove you to sign this petition so that gankers will stay on there own server. Please sign this petition. http://sandboxer.org/?p=541

Not woth the time. Gankers only like to fight people who can't fight back, basically the sheep out in the wild who are trying hard to earn their gear instead of trying to take it from others.

Without sheep to feed on, the wolves will starve as they never enjoy attacking each other.

You have to allow people some mechanism to control their losses, including insurance, or what Shadowbane did where only your backpack was lootable, items you wore couldn't be taken.

FFA full loot, especially in a totally unrestricted game world is the smallest niche market out there so no reason for any company to spend time on it.

Go play DF if that's your cup of tea....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Xasapis

Pray that this game actually arrives some day in the west and worry about obscure loot rules later, in my opinion.

'obscure'?

Loot rulesets are fundamental.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Originally posted by vesavius

Originally posted by Xasapis

Pray that this game actually arrives some day in the west and worry about obscure loot rules later, in my opinion.

'obscure'?

Loot rulesets are fundamental.

I'll have to agree, so much so that the entire gameplay really needs to be designed around them, especially one such as this to make it really viable.  It's not something you can just tack on to a totally different design and expect it to fair well.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

You get to loot refined materials when they're carrying them... keep the population all on one server. I don't see why you'd want other people's gear anyway.

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

I would be a fan of dropping whatever is in ones bags along with your money upon death but not equipped gear.  I would also love to see a pickpocket of bag system similar to Shadowbane.  Both would make valuable drop and harvesting areas hotspots as well as entrances to towns.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Originally posted by Zippy

I would be a fan of dropping whatever is in ones bags along with your money upon death but not equipped gear.  I would also love to see a pickpocket of bag system similar to Shadowbane.  Bith would make valuable drop and harvesting areas hotspots as well as entrances to towns.

Less ways to piss players off, not more.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

I would like a player population somewhat larger than a full loot platform traditionally supports.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

Originally posted by tom_gore

I totally support a full loot server. Throw the gankers in, lock the door and throw away the key.

LOL ^THIS^

• SandboxerXSandboxerX Member Posts: 14
    I suspect this will be a million plus subscriptions game. This means many different servers. I hope to see at least one of these servers as a full loot server.

I really think this would be a win win for both the hardcore and the casual sandboxgamer.
  • AjmagsAjmags Member UncommonPosts: 63

Good Idea starting the petition. It really crackes me up how many people can't comprehend what your asking for here.

Im personally in favor of a death system that makes players actully fear death therefore adding some excitement to the game. When there is no real death system players just rez and repeat over and over and over with no real consequence, even when fighting NPC mobs. There is no challenge and the game feels dumbed down.

While I think "full loot" is a good idea I think it should be just slightly less than full loot ..... So for instance if you die you can lose whatever Cash your carrying along with everything in your bag but the Killer only has the option to loot one piece of Armor off your body. This will force people to be smart about how they play the game and to use the bank often and it will also add the element of fear that so many games lack these days it will bring a sense of realism.

Im not a ganker nor do I like mindless gankers, honestly I like to hunt down and kill those types of players.

Those of you who DO NOT LIKE this type of SERVER the answer is simple... Dont play on it.

My guild started back in the days of UO and EQ1 we have also played Mortal Online and Darkfall and we prefer a game that presents a challenge other wise end game is just dreadfully boring. www.prophecyguild.net

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

Not in a million years