Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Full Loot Server Petition?

SandboxerXSandboxerX Member Posts: 14
As it seems right now ArcheAge will not be a full loot game. While it may be possible to kill other players at will you will not be able to loot them.

I started a petition to get XL Games to create a separate full loot server for the hardcore sandbox crowd.

Even if you do not like full loot MMO's it would behoove you to sign this petition so that gankers will stay on there own server.

Please sign this petition.

http://sandboxer.org/?p=541

Comments

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

No simply no. Im a huge fan of sandbox games, open world pvp with meaning, and crafting. We want people to come to AA, not get turned off by it. Even with open pvp its not bad getting killed here and there for some. With the jail system might be fun. But with full loot, you wont get many to look at AA let alone play it. We need more sandbox games in the market, and long as we keep letting everyone think sandbox autmaticaly means open pvp gankfest we wont get more. AA is kind of our one last big hope to turn the tide on themepark wow clones, every game is one and im sick of it.

So i say hell no, promote AA dont try to kill it. pvp is fine, full loot turns so many noses it will only hurt the game in the long run.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by Onomas

No simply no. Im a huge fan of sandbox games, open world pvp with meaning, and crafting. We want people to come to AA, not get turned off by it. Even with open pvp its not bad getting killed here and there for some. With the jail system might be fun. But with full loot, you wont get many to look at AA let alone play it. We need more sandbox games in the market, and long as we keep letting everyone think sandbox autmaticaly means open pvp gankfest we wont get more. AA is kind of our one last big hope to turn the tide on themepark wow clones, every game is one and im sick of it.

So i say hell no, promote AA dont try to kill it. pvp is fine, full loot turns so many noses it will only hurt the game in the long run.

agree with this, seen it so many times, besides game devs need to learn from the mistakes of the past not repeat them....

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

Maybe just maybe you should have read OPs post... he asked to sign a petition for a SEPARATE server which sounds VERY GOOD to me, those who wish for it can go there and the rest can play the normal servers. If it becomes popular they can just launch another server of full loot, why not explore all the possible paths?

I did, i also read that "a separate full loot server for the hardcore sandbox crowd".

Sandbox has nothing to do with hardcore, pvp, and full loot by itself ;) Many here and across the planet think this and its bad.Sandboxes arent about hardcore pvp kill everyone game. Its about choices, exploration, large open worlds, player economy, crafting, building, fighting, player content, tons of lost features, and so much more.

If it read differently from that, then yeah sure. Just dont want everyone to think AA = kill everything, gank all, take all your stuff style game.

I did, i also read that "a separate full loot server for the hardcore sandbox crowd".

Sandbox has nothing to do with hardcore, pvp, and full loot by itself ;) Many here and across the planet think this and its bad.Sandboxes arent about hardcore pvp kill everyone game. Its about choices, exploration, large open worlds, player economy, crafting, building, fighting, player content, tons of lost features, and so much more.

If it read differently from that, then yeah sure. Just dont want everyone to think AA = kill everything, gank all, take all your stuff style game.

Exactly, I dont really enjoy that either yet there are people who do and who are also trying to find a new home. DFO, MO players might find those servers interesting and taking some more players onto the servers is a good thing, why would you say its bad that the game could get a server for the wolves that like such kind of gameplay?

Its a separate server and noone will force you to play it. Explain what you are trying to say to me because i really dont get it...

Originally posted by Kuro1n

Exactly, I dont really enjoy that either yet there are people who do and who are also trying to find a new home. DFO, MO players might find those servers interesting and taking some more players onto the servers is a good thing, why would you say its bad that the game could get a server for the wolves that like such kind of gameplay?

Its a separate server and noone will force you to play it. Explain what you are trying to say to me because i really dont get it...

You misunderstood me. I meant many here and across the world think sandboxes = full loot pvp gankfest hardcore kill em up games. Not bad that he wants to have a server just for full loot. I misunderstood him at first until you mentioned a "seperate" server as well.

So many on these forums hate pvp, just didnt want everyone thinking sandboxes are all about hardcore pvp. The op wishes a seperate server, i hope he gets one.

You misunderstood me. I meant many here and across the world think sandboxes = full loot pvp gankfest hardcore kill em up games. Not bad that he wants to have a server just for full loot. I misunderstood him at first until you mentioned a "seperate" server as well.

So many on these forums hate pvp, just didnt want everyone thinking sandboxes are all about hardcore pvp. The op wishes a seperate server, i hope he gets one.

I see, well anyway all good then. : P

I surely hope he does as well because i really think it could help snatching up some of the diehard wolves. :>

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

I totally support a full loot server. Throw the gankers in, lock the door and throw away the key.

Im so very curious on how the crime points will work... is there a cap? Can you work them off? Etc etc etc! AAAAAAAAAAAH IM GOING TO DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!11 ;(

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by SandboxerX

As it seems right now ArcheAge will not be a full loot game. While it may be possible to kill other players at will you will not be able to loot them. I started a petition to get XL Games to create a separate full loot server for the hardcore sandbox crowd. Even if you do not like full loot MMO's it would behoove you to sign this petition so that gankers will stay on there own server. Please sign this petition. http://sandboxer.org/?p=541

I support distinct server options, both full loot like this and PvP optional where PvP is restricted to the 3rd continent.

Optional PvPers and open world PvPers are a bad mix in the same space and so providing seperate rule sets can only widen AA's appeal and longevity. Restricting this game to a single player base (and a anti social fickle one like the open world PvP crowd at that) will see this game as a tiny niche product in the West. I think AA deserves to be more then that.

I also don't see folk's probelm with alternate ruleset servers... it's like they just can't tolrate any other style of play then their own.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Pray that this game actually arrives some day in the west and worry about obscure loot rules later, in my opinion.

Dont think they would spend all the money to have english translations and webpages and not release it here. Or it could be a sick joke on the westerners, "haha round eyes see what we got now" ;)

The joke part in no way, shape,, or form was meant in any racist way, i have round eyes ;)

Originally posted by Xasapis

Pray that this game actually arrives some day in the west and worry about obscure loot rules later, in my opinion.

It will arrive and the loot options discussed arent very obscure but rather very normal.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

WTF no full loot, well this game just about fell off my list..

PVP with nothing to loose is just pointless.. ah well back to watching some of the up coming indie games the devs know what us sandbox fans want there..

Originally posted by Caldrin

PVP with nothing to loose is just pointless.. ah well back to watching some of the up coming indie games the devs know what us sandbox fans want there..

Personaly id rather have pvp that meant something other than just loot. Territory gains with bonuses, fighting over resources, etc... But thats just me.

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725

The argument of "if its on a different server its hurting no one" again. We all know if a server had full loot players on that server will cry for balance and other changes to suit their environment. Thats not baiting or an insult, just reality. No game can be everything for everyone.

Originally posted by Caldrin

Personaly id rather have pvp that meant something other than just loot. Territory gains with bonuses, fighting over resources, etc... But thats just me.

That as wel las full loot, full loot just bring somthing more to the game it makes it more exciting knowing that around the corner i could meet my doom and loose everything i have on me. Its like a drug, after playing MMORPGs with full loot i find it very very hard to get into MMORPGs without it I tend o get bored fast.. Also im not one to go around ganking people i do love the clan warefare side of things as well and i also enjoy PVE but having that added risk of being able to loose everything just brings somthing else to the game... Well at least for me so I agree with the OP a eperate server with full loot would be awesome :)

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

I prefer full loot too, an MMO is just too boring and bland without it.

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319

Originally posted by yaminsux

^This.

Originally posted by yaminsux

exactly..

im not saying its for everyone I mean when i started playing Darkfall i started with a m8 but he could never get his head around being able to loose everything he had.. but please at least give us the option lol :)

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Originally posted by rounner

The argument of "if its on a different server its hurting no one" again. We all know if a server had full loot players on that server will cry for balance and other changes to suit their environment. Thats not baiting or an insult, just reality. No game can be everything for everyone.

The "we all know"-argument again. Actually we don't, so please enlighten us:  name one AAA game that had its PvE servers destroyed by allowing a single full loot PvP server.

Are you implying that the niche crowd that prefer a risk vs reward playstyle will somehow change the rulesets for the other 95% of the playerbase (i.e. PvE players who like it safe and cuddly in a risk-free environment) playing on different servers? How would that work, I wonder? I've never heard of full loot PvE, but perhaps you have?

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

As it seems right now ArcheAge will not be a full loot game. While it may be possible to kill other players at will you will not be able to loot them. I started a petition to get XL Games to create a separate full loot server for the hardcore sandbox crowd. Even if you do not like full loot MMO's it would behoove you to sign this petition so that gankers will stay on there own server. Please sign this petition. http://sandboxer.org/?p=541

So.. even if I don't like the ideea, I still should agree with you and sign it.. riiight!! =))

Imo it could be done like in older tibia, % chance to drop items you have on but you always drop your backpack or such.

And like I said there is many who are looking for this full loot experience so saying "NO YOU CANT ALWAY PLEASE EVERYONE!" is just stupid, why should your opinion and way of playing be accepted but others not? Theres way more games where theres no full loot. Im saying this and even then i prefer games with partial loot such as EVE or Tibia or no loot at all (L2 style).

Originally posted by BTrayaL

As it seems right now ArcheAge will not be a full loot game. While it may be possible to kill other players at will you will not be able to loot them. I started a petition to get XL Games to create a separate full loot server for the hardcore sandbox crowd. Even if you do not like full loot MMO's it would behoove you to sign this petition so that gankers will stay on there own server. Please sign this petition. http://sandboxer.org/?p=541

So.. even if I don't like the ideea, I still should agree with you and sign it.. riiight!! =))

Well why not? keep the people you dislike off your server. You dont have anything to lose from it except that the game attracts a wider audience which will just make the game more popular.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Full loot, no. Partial loot yes. Drop % of highest valued items on death just like Asheron's Call, legendary game.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Im saying this and even then i prefer games with partial loot such as EVE or Tibia or no loot at all (L2 style).

In L2 you can loot from PvP, under a certain condition, with a probability. (Or at least you could before F2P.. I don't know now.)

And as far as I know, in EVE, the looser from a battle has the "full loot" part (he looses the ship completely), and the winner has the "partial loot" part, as in he can loot some components, but a low ammount from the complete item.