Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Companion & Reforging Scrolls Removed

2»

Comments

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Hey Blizzard.

HEY! YOU!

How about cutting something that matters to EVERYONE except gold farmers. How about cutting that RMT auction house so my guild, gaming family, and best friends can ALL put Diablo III back on their wish their. Until you do, go jump off a cliff with Diablo III in your arms.

-Thank you!

AMEN BROTHER!!!

So, see you in Torchlight 2?

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Not sure this developement team has a real sense of what Diablo really is. More interested in Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• trembulanttrembulant Member Posts: 101

Honestly after gettting into beta, the game doesn't feel like Diablo really much at all. It could be an number of Diablo copy type games really.

I was so stoked to get into beta and i played through it but was already bored and not impressed before i even got to the end of it.

Sorry to say, maybe it's just been to long but Diablo is dead.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by adam_nox

Originally posted by Ceridith

Blizzard keeps slashing content out of Diablo 3. Pricetag is still $60.

Relic hasn't slashed any content out of Torchlight 2. Pricetag is still $20.

Hmm...

Both will be worth twice their price tag, and anyone who's played the original TL and the game it tried to rip off (D2), knows this. 

Uh, yeah, I think the intent the creators of TL had was a reboot, so "rip off" was kind of their intention. Though, how exactly do developers rip off their own work?

You do know that the guys that made TL and making TL2 are the guys who headed production of Diablo 1 & 2, right?

You do realize that no one of importance that worked on DIablo 1 & 2 has anything to do with DIablo 3, right?

Blizzard as a company may own the Diablo franchise, but the actual people working on it now are completely different.

In my opinion TL2 will be a far better succesor to the Diablo franchise than Diablo 3. Hell, TL2's music is being done by the exact same composer and orchestra that did the music for Diablos 1 & 2.

• TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177

I was really excited about Diablo 3 when I first heard about it but I just have this terrible feeling the more I see what they have done to the game that they have completely destroyed what made Diablo 2 amazing. As things progress I think im more excited for Torchlight 2 to be completely honest. I see what they do to Diablo 3 and the cost of 60 dollars then I look at Torchlight 2 and how good it looks and its 20 dollar price tag. just doesnt seem worthwhile to get diablo 3 anymore.

Hope they turn things around. I really have high hopes for Diablo 3. Diablo 2 and blizzard were my childhood so heres for wishing! 

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

They have to leave some stuff for the expansions too, you know ;)

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by mackdawg19

Think people need to read a little closer before posting. This is what is removed here. They basically spawned random critters that would pick up gold and stuff for you. They were basically pointless in-game because you can already do this yourself. People may be getting these mixed up with Followers which are still in-game and fight by your side. Followers are found in-game and not by a scroll. Can read more about them here.

Ah thanks for the clarification I thought it was the followers getting the axe but it's just the pets. cool

• Teh_AxiTeh_Axi Member UncommonPosts: 380

Funny to see people bitching about a none combat pet that just picked up gold for you.

Just proves how full of shit most posters here are.

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262

Originally posted by Brodter

I wouldnt pay 60$ for a game unless it was from Blizzard.

I wouldn't be paid $60 to play anymore Blizzard games with everything that's come out.

Now, Bethesda on the other hand, is the only company I've ever given more than $50 for a single game and that was Skyrim.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

TL2  FTW!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Robokapp

I get it free with my annual pass.

/happy

Yeah, that is a great deal unless you tire on Wow after a month. :)

What happens if the game don´t release within a year BTW? Blizz aren´t exactly known for hurrying their releases and Diablo 2 got delayed almost 3 years... Do you still get it or do you have to sign up for another year as well?

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by Robokapp

I get it free with my annual pass.

/happy

Yeah, that is a great deal unless you tire on Wow after a month. :)

What happens if the game don´t release within a year BTW? Blizz aren´t exactly known for hurrying their releases and Diablo 2 got delayed almost 3 years... Do you still get it or do you have to sign up for another year as well?

"Free" D3 with year WoW sub is very clever from Blizzard.

First of all they do get 12 months of sub.

Second increased population on servers ad that is good for increasing subs even more.

Third MoP will be released when most of those 12 months sub people will still pay sub = increased MoP sales.

Last but not least - Blizzard want to make money on RMAH , so some relatively small % of "free" D3 does not hurt. More people in D3 = more money out of RMAH.

So nah that's not free heh

• mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225

Originally posted by Twistingfate

I was really excited about Diablo 3 when I first heard about it but I just have this terrible feeling the more I see what they have done to the game that they have completely destroyed what made Diablo 2 amazing. As things progress I think im more excited for Torchlight 2 to be completely honest. I see what they do to Diablo 3 and the cost of 60 dollars then I look at Torchlight 2 and how good it looks and its 20 dollar price tag. just doesnt seem worthwhile to get diablo 3 anymore.

Hope they turn things around. I really have high hopes for Diablo 3. Diablo 2 and blizzard were my childhood so heres for wishing! 

i just cant cope well with people like you. First you bitch an moan cause Blizzards destroys the D2 legacy by D3 artstyle, rainbows, abandoning the skill system etc. Now you bitch and moan when Blizzards REVERTS D3 to its D2 roots. The where no companion pets in D2 and the recent system changes are making D3 more like D2! having a townportal and constantly going to town was the D2 way wasnt it? So please decide already, do you want a completely new D3 with every single system changed or do you want a true continuation of the legendary D2.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Hey Blizzard.

HEY! YOU!

How about cutting something that matters to EVERYONE except gold farmers. How about cutting that RMT auction house so my guild, gaming family, and best friends can ALL put Diablo III back on their wish their. Until you do, go jump off a cliff with Diablo III in your arms.

-Thank you!

sorry but this is old, the RMAH will not affect your gameplay AT ALL.  You dont have to use it.  I played D2 for 5 yrs, and tons of stuff was sold on 3rd party sites for cash, lots of scams, I would rather buy and sell thru blizzard

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

also Path of Exile, I believe will be better then D3 and TL2

• DrawocDrawoc Member UncommonPosts: 51

"A lot of you guys don't know much about what you are talking about.  A release date is closing in, and they want to take these out to rework them and expand on them.  If you visit the official forums you would see 99% of all posts responding this are incredibly positive.  Companion scrolls probably aren't what you are thinking they are."

LMAO you believe everything you read...I can't see Blizz being honest if they had too about why they are removing eliments....

• DragviperDragviper Member UncommonPosts: 100

Blizzard keeps slashing content out of Diablo 3. Pricetag is still $60.

Relic hasn't slashed any content out of Torchlight 2. Pricetag is still $20.

Hmm...

Both will be worth twice their price tag, and anyone who's played the original TL and the game it tried to rip off (D2), knows this. 

Uh, yeah, I think the intent the creators of TL had was a reboot, so "rip off" was kind of their intention. Though, how exactly do developers rip off their own work?

You do know that the guys that made TL and making TL2 are the guys who headed production of Diablo 1 & 2, right?

You do realize that no one of importance that worked on DIablo 1 & 2 has anything to do with DIablo 3, right?

Blizzard as a company may own the Diablo franchise, but the actual people working on it now are completely different.

In my opinion TL2 will be a far better succesor to the Diablo franchise than Diablo 3. Hell, TL2's music is being done by the exact same composer and orchestra that did the music for Diablos 1 & 2.

Agreed, and I will buy both by the way... ;)

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

I really dont care that they are cutting content they dont find worth while. Thats a good thing. However with the large amount of changes and the price tag still sitting at $60 this is going to be a title I wait for a good 6 months after release before i read reviews ect. Give people time to let the "freshness" wear off before I think about buying.

I'm doing the same with kingdoms of amalur after trying the beta. It seems fun but it also feels just generic enough that I'm not willing to pay full price for it till I hear more.

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620

Originally posted by Myrdynn

Hey Blizzard.

HEY! YOU!

-Thank you!

sorry but this is old, the RMAH will not affect your gameplay AT ALL.  You dont have to use it.  I played D2 for 5 yrs, and tons of stuff was sold on 3rd party sites for cash, lots of scams, I would rather buy and sell thru blizzard

exactly how i feel about it. having an official RMAH instead of using Scam sites and paying farmers is a win/win situation. If you think even for a minute that removing this feature will make the game better you are sadly naive. There is always gonna be 3rd party sales sites, and people will use them. Bringing this into the game makes it safer for everyone, and in no way whatsoever effects anyone not using it. 

As to the actual article, im fine with them removing features and broken mechanics that they intend to readjust and add in later- ONLY- if its not gonna cost me more money later to see them. The gaming industry has moved towards the DLC age, which is nothing more than nickle and diming the player for content that should have been put into the game from the start, or at the least added in with a patch later for free. By "saving" content that they already know they want included just to get a few more bucks from the customer is a horrible practice. Worst yet, we as players (customers) encourage it, and for the companies, its a win. Remeber the good ole days when you paid one price for a product and knew exactly what it was you were getting. Oh well.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by Dawnbr3aker

Originally posted by Teh_Axi

Funny to see people bitching about a none combat pet that just picked up gold for you.

Just proves how full of shit most posters here are.

or that they cant read....

...or that NEITHER of you can read, and that the majority of us are taking this time to bash Blizzard for their PREVIOUS content rips that mattered, and the fact that the RMT auction house was removed for Korea, but not us. It means they CAN remove it, but choose not to at this point.

If that RMT auction house remains in Diablo 3, and offline play is not put back in OR LAN play, Diablo III can keep its failure to itself.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

"According to the team, the systems were underdeveloped and can be reworked into something cool."

aka WOTLK "new dances".

Never been heard of again.

• kimahriskimahris Member Posts: 55

Who cares... All i want is a boss i can farm for a week to actually get a single rare(AKA Hoz,shako,soj,bk,tyraelM,listgoeson)

I wanna farm cows for SKILL GC.

I know this aint d2 but its bringing back memory. Gonna spend 60$  and even if i get ripped off,for all the hours i spend in my childhood playing d2..they totally deserve it.

Installing D2 ...Hardcore is still fun once in a while. (til i actually die lol)

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Originally posted by uohaloran

Removing anything really isn't increasing my interest for the game.  They've had ten years to brainstorm and around half of that to develop a third title in their incredibly succesful series; what have they been doing all this time?

I'm way passed giving a shit about Diablo 3, now.  I'll watch the cinematics on Youtube and be done with it.

You aren't a fan if you aren't getting the game, if you aren't getting the game, don't pretend you ever were.  If you didn't notice they dropped the franchise entirely in favor of WoW development for years.  We are honestly lucky they are bringing it back due to a lull between WoW's explosive growth and the next MMO they bring out.

trying to milk money from "fans", is hardly something to fell lucky about, blizzard is milking money from you and you say its ok, you guys don't help games in general, just make this genre worse every single day.

but I guess sheeps will be sheeps.

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.