Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Guide to SWTOR: Hardmode Kaon Under Siege Flashpoint

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Pokket gives us all the run down on the Hardmode Kaon Under Siege Flashpoint and how to survive the nightmarish place. Check out Game Face: Pokket's Guide to SWTOR: Hardmode Kaon Under Siege Flashpoint and then let us know what you think in the comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Draxdk0Draxdk0 Member Posts: 29

First!  Good guide!

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

for the turrent stage instead of fighting the mobs in the circle by the turrent we found that if you have the party stand out on the fallen ledge to the left of the turrent (out in front of it). It made dpsing everything down SOOO much easier. We just had the entire party minus the turrent op, stand there and as the waves came in the turrent op only had to fire in one direction making it much easier to keep the turrent dps at max since swinging the turrent around results in down time as the turrent takes a short bit to spin back up and start fireing.

Also with everyone standing there AOE healing was super easy and even if the healer does / did pickup agro the turrent was already in position to dps down the mobs. Not to mention aoe dps with everything in one area is way easy.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Thanks for the guide Pok!

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Off-topic - but I haven't kept up on this game at all.... though, looking at the vid, it seems it has a universal cooldown ala Warhammer? Is that so?

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141

Originally posted by GTwander

Off-topic - but I haven't kept up on this game at all.... though, looking at the vid, it seems it has a universal cooldown ala Warhammer? Is that so?

Correct, Everything is on a universal cooldown on everyskill.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

theres a global cooldown ala world of warcraft  some abilities arent on the gcd though for some classes, but those are very few

WoW has a global cooldown now too?! Seriously?!

I'm not shocked that I'm out of the loop, I haven't kept up on either game in ages, but it's use in Warhammer turned me off forever. I have to assume it works well enough? Without marginalizing the vast majority of skills, should one be the best at what it does (damage, heals, etc)?

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

WoW always had a global CD.

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648

WoW has a global cooldown now too?! Seriously?!

I'm not shocked that I'm out of the loop, I haven't kept up on either game in ages, but it's use in Warhammer turned me off forever. I have to assume it works well enough? Without marginalizing the vast majority of skills, should one be the best at what it does (damage, heals, etc)?

It is like War from the perspective that the cooldown exist.  Unlike War however the game pretty much requires(at least the classes I have played) to use most all of your ablities although some are situational.

Originally posted by 43%burnt

No it didn't, at least when I played (06'). All skills were on their own timers.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

No it didn't, at least when I played (06'). All skills were on their own timers.

The overwhelming majority of WoW skills are and have always been on a global cooldown (played in Beta & release). There are some skills that are not on the gcd in WoW (http://www.wowwiki.com/Cooldown ). Star Wars is the same way except with just a very few abilities not on the gcd. Interrupts in both games tend not to be on the gcd. 

• BrodterBrodter Member Posts: 73
    Cool video and very informative. I can't wait to start raiding in SWToR.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

It has had a GCD since inception.   There are two ways to limit the amount of abilities you can use within a given frame of time in an MMO.  One is animations (Aion), the other is a GCD.  WoW has never been animation limited.

Skills being on individual timers has nothing to do with the purpose of a GCD.

• NameWasTakenNameWasTaken Member Posts: 132

I'm surprised that Pokket even exists, since... you know, there are no women on the interwebs... just a moment there... is that an Adams apple I see under that garish makeup?

• ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

haha! I was thinkiing she is just reading this crap. Who really writes this? Pretty face does not equal gamer.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

They call THIS a raid nowadays? I remember when raids were ACTUALLY difficult, ala: EQ, EQII, and DAOC.

What is this nonsense? It most certainly is NOT a "raid".

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I'm pretty sure this is a Flashpoint and not a raid. It even says flashpoint in the title.

• Draxdk0Draxdk0 Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

They call THIS a raid nowadays? I remember when raids were ACTUALLY difficult, ala: EQ, EQII, and DAOC.

ARRRGHGGHG  Back in my day we used to walk 20 miles in the snow with bags on our feet for shoes UGHGHGHGHGHHG  Get off my lawn!  Eat werther's originals and fall asleep uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Originally posted by NameWasTaken

I'm surprised that Pokket even exists, since... you know, there are no women on the interwebs... just a moment there... is that an Adams apple I see under that garish makeup?

Or it just proves that SWTOR is a game even chicks can handle :P

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952

It proves MMO's are now a game the most casual player can handle.

As for the universal cooldown, one more example of making everything in game easymode. When building sequences if everything has a universal timer you are only paying attention to a power bar or power builder, cooldowns become less of a factor.

• YellowbearddYellowbeardd Member UncommonPosts: 83

I don't understand why people watch live streams i was at my sisters and she was watching some people play MW3 and a live camera on the person playing to get his reactions and i was like wtf you doing . She couldn't give me straight answere i said why watch a person play when you can join in with them and play and have fun what is the point of watching them. She then told me it's funny which i don't understand and then she told me they make money on the number of people that watch the live stream and then i just couldn't beleave that and just stopped trying to find out why people actually watch people play. 

So if someone can give me an actuall logical reason why plz i want to know since it seems just really retarded lol . like i would rather play then watch a person play makes no sense what so ever.

Good guide BTW.(for the noobs out there lol).

• YellowbearddYellowbeardd Member UncommonPosts: 83

esspecially an mmo where most the time if you are lvling or max lvl you are doing alot of travel time or just standing around chatting and looking for groups even i get tired watching my self play . I guess it goes for the same reason why people like dupestep different brain types just not right kinda like a sling blade feel to those kind of people lol.(too much acid or hits to the head).

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

Originally posted by tom_gore

Originally posted by NameWasTaken

Or it just proves that SWTOR is a game even chicks can handle :P

Holy Cow!! Did you just go there?? A comment like that around my girl will get you gender transformation without the surgery!

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Actually yeah it did. WoW has had a global CD since it was first released. Trust me... I played for 5 years.

• TheFirst109TheFirst109 Member UncommonPosts: 182

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

It's not a raid, but yes the raids are just as easy as this flashpoint.