Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst MMORPGs ever made

Comments

• mcburlymcburly Member Posts: 234

Rift.

Most boring combat I have ever seen and a blah story that just made the game not interesting whatsoever

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Star Trek Online - not only it was hideous after release additionally it had subs AND Cash Shop - if that's not enough cash shop had advantage items.  

Then they started to sell lifetime accounts and announced going f2p not so long after.

/facepalm

------------

Thing that is not an mmorpg ,it is mmo though  - Age of Empires Online - look shit, it business model smell like it and ultimately it is low-budget cash grab on well known IP and disgrace to whole AoE series.

-------------------

Last place goes to random F2P asian cash grabs like Dragona + all titles made by BigPoint - it is exact same thing as asian copy & paste f2p cash grabs - just western version and browser based.

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

Horizons

STO

FF14

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

/posting in a thread where Planetside and Hellgate: London are being called MMORPGs.

The worst MMORPGs I've ever played I don't remember, because I played them even less than I played FF11 (about 30 minutes.)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

These are my opinion only mind you.

Triple A's

Warhammer - How you can mess up this i.p is just an example in how to clusterf%^k.

Age Of Conan - Age Of Boring.

Aion - Can't even find the words.

Vanguard - Not the game itself just the the lack of support, I am rather fond of this one.

F2P

Mapplestory - S*&tstorry

4story - See above

Flyff - Wtf?

Rappelz - My all time record for quickest uninstall.

Silkroad Online - Botmaster Online.

• golabgolab Member UncommonPosts: 21

Auto Assault and Matrix Online.

Both were crap in beta and launched as crap and stayed crap until the plug was pulled.

"As a foulness ya shall know them."

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

So very many to list :(

Alganon, Troy, 4 Story, APB, Earth Eternal, Faxion, Gate to Heavens (although I admit, this one was a guilty pleasure for a while), Gods & Heroes, Knight Online, NeoSteam, and RAN Online.

Those are just the worst off the top of my head, there are plenty that are just plain bad but those take the cake.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Tabula Rasa and Auto Assault. 

Auto Assault was good during beta but upon release ran into so many problems that I just quit after only 3 hours of playing.

• KhorsKhors Member Posts: 147

SW:TOR.

This game and it's complete lack of Massively-Multiplayer elements in favor of single-player rpg elemets at $15/month just perpetuates the dumbification of the genre. 

Metacritic consumer reviews support that, though the reviewers that receive Ad Revenue would disagree.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Another HIGHLY subjective thread. With that said, I'll post MY "Worst MMORPGs EVER made.." list:

-WoW

-Aion

-RIFT

-SWTOR

-Mortal Online

-Allods

Enjoy,

/tiphat

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

OP ended the thread from the start with Mortal Online. They really can't be made any worse that than, short of trying hard to diliberately destroy the game. Any less and it wouldn't even qualify as a MMO or RPG or game.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

[Mod Edit]

Srs :

Final Fantasy 11

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

The worst I ever tried / played was Faxion.  Just Horrid.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• GolarumGolarum Member Posts: 151

1) Ultima Online

2) FFXIV

3) FFXI

4) SWTOR

5) All F2P Grindfests

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Quizzical

The worst that I've played is Runescape.  But I'd like to think that I'm sharp enough to avoid the truly awful games, so there are probably worse games out there.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Stargate Worlds was the single worst MMORPG ever made.  It got cancelled after people figured out that it was a Ponzi scheme, and then funding ran out and the Stargate license got yanked.  But it never made it to release, so we can't know just how awful it was.

YEah by far the worst game I've ever played, even in F&F testing it was obvious that game was going no where.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ThrageThrage Member Posts: 200

Vanguard.  Most pathetic attempt at an MMO I've ever seen.  Less than 20 minutes and I was done.  I've had more fun with no-name korean grinders.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by Skuz
    Alganon -  took "wow-clone" far too literally, even using the same world maps & an identical UI
    When I looked at Alganon, it was far, far, far worse than anything else I've ever seen - and I've seen a lot. Would easily have won the Worst MMORPG Ever crown if I was judge.

Allegedly they have made improvements, but I don't even remotely have the desire to look at them.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Darkfall - when I realized it wasn't pre-Trammel UO + Elder Scrolls combat - it was just a massive pile of fail.

I would have liked Elder Scrolls + pre-Trammel UO... but it really just failed so horribly at both!

• malevsmalevs Member Posts: 11

Age of Conan

• ThrageThrage Member Posts: 200

Originally posted by BadSpock

Darkfall - when I realized it wasn't pre-Trammel UO + Elder Scrolls combat - it was just a massive pile of fail.

I would have liked Elder Scrolls + pre-Trammel UO... but it really just failed so horribly at both!

Darkfall is my runner up.  I can't believe I spent money on it.  If I were less of a nice guy I might have demanded some kind of refund, but whatever.

[Mod Edit]

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by Thrage

Originally posted by BadSpock

Darkfall is my runner up.  I can't believe I spent money on it.  If I were less of a nice guy I might have demanded some kind of refund, but whatever.

Yeah, I was playing a bunch of Oblivion before Skyrim came out, saw an ad for a free trial of Darkfall somewhere on the web.... I don't think it was installed for more than an hour.

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by Hatewall

The Sims Online.

Hooooo boy

Yeah, this. I was a fan of The Sims, but dear god that game was fail.

Also:

1. WW2 Online -- I don't care what anyone says, this was the biggest pile of shit I ever played at a game's launch. Simply awful.   Completely broken at the time.

2. Earth & Beyond -- Pretty to look at, but there wasn't anything there. 

• ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

anyone mention World of Tanks? Oh, come on! Who even would think that shit up?

• ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

Originally posted by Thrage

Vanguard.  Most pathetic attempt at an MMO I've ever seen.  Less than 20 minutes and I was done.  I've had more fun with no-name korean grinders.

I felt that way about FInal Fantasy, the first one. It took me longet to install that turd then I actually played it. Sorry, didn't realize a fricking gamepad was advised. WTF!

• blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643

Originally posted by mcburly

Rift.

Most boring combat I have ever seen and a blah story that just made the game not interesting whatsoever

I'm not saying that you can't dislike the game, but to rag on its combat without an honorable mention of its inspiration seems a little judgemental. I mean, I played both WoW and Rift for a few months, and the combat seemed nearly identical. My main problem with Rift was its total lack of innovation; it carried over pretty much every feature from every WoW clone that I ddin't lilke.