Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pet questions

JayzheeJayzhee Member Posts: 3

Does anyone have experience with breeding pets?   I have some questions.

1.  If I breed two pets toghther, do I get to keep the parents?

2a.  If you breed two pets who have the same talent, but in different slots, can the new pet have two of the same talent? 

2b.  If so, can they both manifest?

2c.  Will the effects add together?

For instance, If I breed a Thunder Colossus (with Storm-Giver in slot 9) with a Storm Serpent (with Storm-Giver in slot 8), could I end up with a pet that has Storm-Giver in both slot 8 and slot 9?  If both talents manifest, would the percentages from each be added to my storm damage gear bonus?

Comments

• EnochiEnochi Member UncommonPosts: 12

Originally posted by Jayzhee

Does anyone have experience with breeding pets?   I have some questions.

1.  If I breed two pets toghther, do I get to keep the parents?

2a.  If you breed two pets who have the same talent, but in different slots, can the new pet have two of the same talent? 

2b.  If so, can they both manifest?

2c.  Will the effects add together?

For instance, If I breed a Thunder Colossus (with Storm-Giver in slot 9) with a Storm Serpent (with Storm-Giver in slot 8), could I end up with a pet that has Storm-Giver in both slot 8 and slot 9?  If both talents manifest, would the percentages from each be added to my storm damage gear bonus?

To answer your questions

1.  Yes you get to keep the parents

2a. No they may not have 2 of the same talent

2b. No they cant manifest together

2c. Similar effects DO stack for example Spell-Proof and Spell-Defy both raise resistance by a variable amount and the 2 abilities do stack together.

• JayzheeJayzhee Member Posts: 3

Thanks, Enochi!

I guess I should forget my dreams of a Storm Snowman with four Storm-Givers!

• JayzheeJayzhee Member Posts: 3

A couple more questions, if you don't mind...

1.  Once I've advanced my pet to epic level, can I still train him to raise his stats (Strength, Will, etc.)? 

2.  Does anything special happen at epic level?

3.  My pet has the "Storm Trap" talent, but he rarely does it.  Is there a stat that causes pets to use these abilities more often?  (I see "spritely" happen for alot of people.)

• jasonchanjasonchan Member Posts: 1

1.yes,you can still level their stats

2.for me,no because i got one pet to epic

3.i don't think so because one of my pet can cast death traps but it rarely does it

i hope i answer your questions

• aleanermealeanerme Member UncommonPosts: 3

Higher Agility will increase  how often a pet uses a spell

nothing happens at epic ... i have gotten terrible  talents at epic ...the whole pet thing is total luck...my only suggestion is to only hatch with perfect pets that have the abilities you want ....

• StrangenightStrangenight Member UncommonPosts: 10

If you hover the cursor over the pet stat it will tell you what abilities it affects.  The higher the score, the higher the bonus given from the spell.  That is why some pets at epic might give you a 9% resistance bonus and some only 4%.

• Wrestler6692Wrestler6692 Member Posts: 6
     Gonna be more harder training pets to Mega level
  • rutserutse Member Posts: 1
    iF YOU train your pet, then it will cast a spell more times. :)
  • Regular_m4nRegular_m4n Member Posts: 4
    To be honest ive never bred a pet yet. Im working on it. I know that you need alot of gold. Depending on what pets they are. when you hatch a pet you receive an egg and the parents stay the same. Im not sure but Im pretty sure the hatched egg has some of both of the parents ablities. I hope this helped and good luck!!!!!!!!!!
  • sirdavidlungsirdavidlung Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Regular_m4n
    To be honest ive never bred a pet yet. Im working on it. I know that you need alot of gold. Depending on what pets they are. when you hatch a pet you receive an egg and the parents stay the same. Im not sure but Im pretty sure the hatched egg has some of both of the parents ablities. I hope this helped and good luck!!!!!!!!!!

i have to say breeding is really hard most of the time you just get doubles but here is a good strategy breeding to school pets ( not both from same school ) will ALLWAYS give you a good pet trust me.