Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: Bringing Riders of Rohan in 2012

13»

Comments

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

Originally posted by trancejeremy

LOTRO was a well done game until they hit Moria. Moria was dark and bleak, which made sense, but just wasn't much fun.

But the big problem was the legendary items. Basically they were meant to be weapons that "grew" with you. But they don't - you have to level them up, but when you gain new levels, you have to throw them away and start the leveling process for the items all over again. (and that doesn't even taken into account the randomness of the legacies of the lis)

Now it seems like they are going to add to the grindiness of the game by making the horses work the same way. Ugh. I have a lifetime sub to this, yet cannot bear to play a character over 50 just because of the LIs. The least fun I've had in 35 years of gaming

Moria was excellent, IMO. It was an epic expansion. I loved it when it released, and I still love taking alts through Moria. Mirkwood and RoI have been disappointing, by comparison. I'm really hoping Rohan will be an epic expansion on par with Moria, but I'm really concerned it will just be another "mini" expansion.

LIs... I have to agree. They are just another grind, trash, repeat. I won't bother grinding for relics, and I just use any decent 3rd age lvl 75 I can find and equip it with the regular T6 or T7 relics. Horse combat... I don't want to see another grind, trash, repeat advancement system, please.

• HexipoxHexipox Member UncommonPosts: 241

The is is shit now .. cba to even think this can be any good. anything they made since original title is just destroying the game. learn to make games turbine...

• rooster99rooster99 Member UncommonPosts: 30

me and lotro get along just fun best game i've played ty turbine

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

I guess im the only one who likes the legendary weapons. As for Moria, it was one of the best xpacs ive seen in any game. The book quests alone were worth the price. I play the game for the environment and the lore. I agree Mirkwood wasnt much of an xpac and I just bought Isengard so cant comment on it much but for $30 and no sub fee it seems like a good value to me. As for ROR, the way things look it will most likely be my only MMO related purchase this year.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by Rusty715

I guess im the only one who likes the legendary weapons. As for Moria, it was one of the best xpacs ive seen in any game. The book quests alone were worth the price. I play the game for the environment and the lore. I agree Mirkwood wasnt much of an xpac and I just bought Isengard so cant comment on it much but for $30 and no sub fee it seems like a good value to me. As for ROR, the way things look it will most likely be my only MMO related purchase this year.

I like them, but as others said, the issue with having to vendor trash the thing every 4-5 levels wrecks the whole point of LI's, to me.

BW gave TOR a system that ends the obsoletion factor, seems like Turbine could do the same.

• EsherdonEsherdon Member UncommonPosts: 47

They should have held off and made RoI and RoR one combined expansion. Instead we got the most watered down expansion in the history of MMO's when RoI came out.

"Onward to adventure".

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Being a lifer with this game i guess i,m lucky,or unlucky.depends on your point of view.the first 50 lvls of this game are a dream,the books,everything done right.then they went off track imo..dont get me wrong i dont mind f2p but now its just become a dungeon or skirmish crawl...you either have the choice of 3-6-or raid dungeons which is fine.my problem is that i didnt buy a lifetime sub to spend it in a friggin dungeon.

You need so many medallions per pce of armor..but if you cant or dont want to go in these grps you are left with skirmishes where you get medallions for gear..trouble is for 1 pce of gear you need a minimum of 725 of them for the wrist armour i beleive and when you only get max of about 20 if you do a T3 skirm ....well you guys do the math..that would mean about 35 skirmishes for the wrist aremour..then the better parts i,e chest you need over 1000..i mean c'mon this is a joke.this game has changed so much and not for the better..our kin have real trouble logging in now and we have been going since release..they really need to get back to basics instead of this stupid lvl increase crap..whats the friggin point of makin peeps dungeon crawl then add a damn expansion within 12 months of release of another to make them do the same again..omg i need a couple of paracetomol

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

I hope but very much doubt they'll look into doing something to extend pvp and improve housing . I have a life time/vip sub and only play lotro on a very casual basis so its always nice to see new content added . I always seem to be two expansions behind everyone else . I've only just got to Mirkwood .

• BelechaelBelechael Member Posts: 8

Once upon a time the announcement of the Riders Of Rohan expansion would have brought tears of joy to my eyes, and all the game forums would be crowded with posts and applauses and lists of things that would be welcomed in the game.

Now, the same announcement just makes me raise an eye a little, perhaps will make me log after a year of absence of this grinding excuse of a game that uses its gamers as guinea pigs for WBs microtransaction experiments, and the forums just have a few posts mostly talking about Evil and Good in the proffessor's work...

Oh, well, it was good while it lasted :)

• MorrowbreezeMorrowbreeze Member CommonPosts: 141

As to the thought that we should cap level and expand sideways,..that  has been discussed many times in LOTRO forums. It seems that sideways expansion is a pffft item in that people do not want to continue to level in the same zones as they previously roamed and that new regions with lower level content does not satisfy most of the playerbase as those have nearly all rerolled multiple times

With the established playerbase as it now stands, most seem to want more social fluff and actually look forward to higher caps.

I do not speak for those who hate the combat system or are disgruntled this way or that about the game.