Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Location Preview – Blue Mountain

2»

Comments

• FratmanFratman Member Posts: 344

No way this game comes out by April.

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

Blue Mountain Video Preview here

I'm loving the feel of this game... 

• SterlingGSterlingG Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by rpgalon

Blue Mountain Video Preview here

I'm loving the feel of this game... 

Thanks for the vid.

Yep, I too am diggin' the overall look and feel of the game.

And for those saying it looks a lot like the H.P. Lovecraft's "Cthulhu Mythos"...  Yeah, that's kinda the point.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Three factions and no pvp - what a joke.

• SinofLustSinofLust Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Comaf

There will be PVP. An Open PVP Zone and several Arena PVP Zones

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

@ Comaf

You got thatone wrong. TSW is PvP bigtime. It is inspired from DaoC in that direction. Persistent warzones with over 100 players kind of PvP.. :) Really good stuff.. I hope.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• SterlingGSterlingG Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Comaf

Don't know why people always think just because there are "factions" or in other words "groups with different points of views" that they should either hate and or combat each other?

Especially when going against a common enemy.  Think about it .  If a supernatural or alien entities threatens our world, don't' cha think Muslims, Jews and Christians or even on a more basic level two rival gangs won't band together to defeat our common enemy?  Now it doesn't mean we can't attempt to undermine or hurt our assorted antagonists.

We might not trust each other or even like each other, but I guarantee they would band together to combat the prevailing unusual adversary.

hehe...  Unless of course you're one of those knuckleheaded pvp gankers...  ...then find a different game.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

I love the style and atmosphere of this game.

I really hope they make it difficult enough (yeah, right...). Otherwise a lot of the "horror theme" is washed away when you just gun your way through the enemies with a coffee cup in your other hand.

• shalhassanshalhassan Member UncommonPosts: 43

God I hope this game is good.

I haven't looked forward to an MMO this much since EQ2

"A single battle you have won, but so quick to think that this will be the end? I, like fear, am eternal, and in your dreams, I shall forever haunt."

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Looks like a great game.  LOOKS

FUNCOM doesnt have a great reputation on releasing games.  Gonna sit back on this one and wait awhile.

Age of Conan?

Anarchy Online?

Ring a bell?

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

Originally posted by outfctrl

Looks like a great game.  LOOKS

FUNCOM doesnt have a great reputation on releasing games.  Gonna sit back on this one and wait awhile.

Age of Conan?

Anarchy Online?

Ring a bell?

Got some friends in the beta and they are ecstatic! I knew some guys with AoC beta access and he thought I was joking when I said the AoC release date, because it was buggy as hell.

The guys I know with beta access have so far had: no lag, no disconnects, no crashes and no quest bugs. One of them declared Ragnar Tørnquist a genius after doing one of the investigation quests. Tørnquist is the same guy who was behind Dreamfall and The longest journey, both very successful games.

• VegettaVegetta Member Posts: 438

Cannot wait for this.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

The Secret World could be really good.

It needs to be scary. Players will have to feel vulnerable, and unexpected things will have to jump out.

However, if it's WoW in a modern day setting, that would be terrible - TSW would be dead in the water almost instantly.

The problem is that for it to be sufficently scary, it might need to have an 18 rating.

Therefore, unfortunately, I am sceptical.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Originally posted by SBFord

At Blue Mountain the players will get their first great chance to deal a serious blow against the coming darkness.

Located on Solomon Island, just to the west of Kingsmouth, Blue Mountain is no stranger to titanic struggles. The players must discover the epic history of the area and learn about the desperate battle fought here long ago. This can only be done through the wisdom and talents of the local Wabanaki Indian tribe.

Funcom are seriously just ripping off Dr. Evil's secret volcano lair here with the Blue mountain on Solomon Island

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Re pvp
    There are several warzones, simmilar in concept to daoc frontier zones not just one as many people keep mistakenly posting
    There are also 2 battlegrounds, a ranked arena and ffa fight clubs in each city
  • paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

EDIT: wrong reply

• TSWBETAROGSTSWBETAROGS Member Posts: 196

It will be 100vs100vs100 = 300player in on warzone, with several fighting locations within the zone. Sow you need to be tactical. The fraction tha holds it will get an inngame boost of some kind to all in this fraction. Sow if you are notdoing any PvP you will still get a benefit from your fraction holding the pvp zones.

• TSWBETAROGSTSWBETAROGS Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by Dragviper

Does anyone know an estimate how much will be the subscription ? Thanks

It seems to be a very nice game.

Think the are going for same as oyher mmorpgs atm 15dollars a month and less for longer subs. Plus they have a vanity shop.(ref artikkel writen in sept 2011)

• ghostwalkingghostwalking Member UncommonPosts: 8

I've been dissatisfied with MMOs lately, but for some reason I'm looking forward to this one. Maybe because it's set in a modified version of the real world. I'm really hoping that it isn't just another WoW clone.