Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: F2P Version Launches

2»

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by an0maly33

Seriously, when I read these posts I feel like the only guy on the planet that doesn't regret buying the game at launch with a lifetime sub.  To potentially interested players: take all of the posts with a grain of salt and just try it.  Yes it has flaws. No, it's not "teh best game evar".  But it can be entertaining.  In the end, that's all any of us are looking for.

I don't regret my CE purchase or my LT. Haven't logged in lately (TOR), but the game was a ton of fun for me for a long time and I do plan on returning and starting a fresh character.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Why exactly didn't STO give you player crews? I know they said it was impossible, but that didn't stop http://www.starquestonline.net. Oh did I mention that game has been out since 2007? Looks like Mythic could take some notes.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343

Originally posted by Talonsin

The fact is, Cryptic has not made a profit since they sold CoH and left most of their real talent behind with NCsoft.  Both their MMO's were launched too early, had little reason for players to interact socially and lacked content.  Sad really when you see games like UO and EQ that launched years ago and can still maintain a subscription fee.

As casual games that you can play for free, they are fun and serve that purpose.  Just dont come in thinking you are getting a AAA MMO and dont get sucked into their pay-to-win model.  Play the episodes, enjoy what you can for free and dont think about doing any PVP since it is filled with all the people who purchased special ships for the consoles that gve them extra powers that you can not earn in the game.

Sad thing is...people wouldn't know a 'AAA' MMO if it came and bitch slapped them upside the face.

Sooooooooo many MMOs were toted as 'AAA', but I find them lacking.

Will say I'm glad STO started the whole player-made content thing, if I'm wrong don't fly-off (punlol). STO was the first of all the MMOs I've played that actually allowed players to create their own quests using the game...none of that RP "go do this for me and I'll pay you". EQ2:Extended copied that, and I hope others do as well.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• wjwatkinswjwatkins Member UncommonPosts: 12

this is my point of view only. I have been playing swtor for the last 2 months, and STO just the last week. Also I have not played any of the Klingon faction. The space part of Swtor is very much just aim and shoot play the ship is coordinated where to fly and battle is pretty much shoot and play, STO is like driving a boat, with battles on the high seas, much more control where to fly, control over shields power, and ships speed. Of course off ship experience is short in the STO world as compared to Swtor. both games are fun, and different. I would hate both to be the same except for story

• b003b003 Member UncommonPosts: 54

Did the trial and liked the ship combat but I don't know if I want to re install another client.  

• NoyjitatNoyjitat Member Posts: 39

I don't know about you all but im having more fun in swtor than I ever had in sto. And I'm more of a trekkie than a starwars nerd.  Both games have flaws in them but STO has way more and way less character interaction and immersion than tor.  Tors voiced over dialogue heavy features and character immersion and combat system make it a much much more enjoyable game to me.

Still a lack of klingon content, no romulans, dominion, or cardassian union faction. Things that were originally supposed to be a part of the game quite sometime ago.

Everyone is entitled to an opionion. But I wouldn't be bad mouthing tor with all the broken promises and lack of content that sto still suffers from.

image,image

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

The game was not that good, just another game to go into F2P model = just another failure. Sure they will get a few people paying alot on their item shop because they dont know what else to do. I bet if they added up all their expenditure they will discover they have spent more on the game than one that has a monthly subscription. But hey, thats their choice, they may like the game. Many however did not. Thx but i will still pass.