Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: 5 Forum Archetypes

1235»

Comments

• JuicemanJuiceman Member Posts: 167

You guys should do a poll with this, let people choose which one that they think they are so we can see.  Maybe add a couple of these other suggested categories, like the flamer, thread jacker, ect

• GeezerGaz82GeezerGaz82 Member UncommonPosts: 65

Originally posted by Juiceman

You guys should do a poll with this, let people choose which one that they think they are so we can see.  Maybe add a couple of these other suggested categories, like the flamer, thread jacker, ect

I agree a poll on this would be vaguely interesting enough.  I think lurker would win hands down

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Don't for get the prima-donna. 

The guy who put loads of space between sections

Super annoying.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• mudd4evermudd4ever Member Posts: 158

Edit~~ This doesn't really count toward the list, but:

The ninja.

Someone who swoops in and answers all the OP's questions seconds before you do.  Not that this is done on purpose or anything, but still !!!

pie.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Originally posted by Leethe

Don't for get the prima-donna. 

The guy who put loads of space between sections

Super annoying.

Funny, but very true.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

I could be any one of those Archetypes depending on my mood.  Although alot of n00bs are trolls in disguise.

• TeiloTeilo Member Posts: 284

Originally posted by dronfwar

TL;DR

Hah!

There's one closely related to that: Only Read The OP

This poster does not read any of the other posts and just jumps into reply - repeating stuff that was already posted (probably multiple times) further up the thread.

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

something got messed up i was trying to post the pic below

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

• Lighten_UpLighten_Up Member Posts: 108

We are all a bit of everything.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Funny and interesting list, however this is said about trolls: Trolls also tend to be condescending and rude. When all else fails, they usually resort to name calling.  Can just as much be applied to fanboys, specially the condescending part.

Originally posted by Yamota

Funny and interesting list, however this is said about trolls: Trolls also tend to be condescending and rude. When all else fails, they usually resort to name calling.  Can just as much be applied to fanboys, specially the condescending part.

Everyone is a troll. It's just a matter of to who, when and how often.

Hope is not a stategy.

• Lighten_UpLighten_Up Member Posts: 108

Originally posted by Leethe

Originally posted by Yamota

Everyone is a troll. It's just a matter of to who, when and how often.

There's a troll in all of us.

Your time will come.

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

I am kind of all of them. At times I have helped by answering questions, been the noob and troll. But never a fanboy, because I have not been blinded by a game so much I cant see its flaws.

I will post what problems I have with a game I am playing but then in the next paragraph praise it.

As for trolls I think the description is wrong or they have changed over the years. Trolls are the people who will put up an seemingly  innocent post about something silly in the game or game lore and then laugh at the fanboys fight it out and if the thread starts to die they add more fuel to the fire.

• gorgogorngorgogorn Member Posts: 29

but if I post that I'm a lurker won't I no longer be a lurker?

• MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97

Lets see you also got :

1. Amatueur developer: he has an "active" mind and seeks to reinvent the proverbial wheel...for EVERY freekn game out there. All to no avail as developers never use his genious pointers and should haves.

Good luck with that Einstein.

2. The bait and switcher: The guy who posts an idea or theory and then disagrees with EVERY comment and then keeps trying to change their "real" intent and then goes off on some errant tangent when all seems lost.

Um ok:

Moses used the celestial stars

Columbus had a map

You need a Garmin or something like that to stay on track buddy

3. Me first: posts first just for the hell of it:

Yes these people just HAD to be first in everything in life, including posting on MMORPG.COM, they are the same A-holes who cut you off to every red light on the way from work each day 

4. Resident Expert: Quiz comes to mind: A universaly accepted subject matter expert in this case, Hardware, who can point out the error of our ways as we mindlessly buy the wrong computers, install the wrong upgrades and buy that cheap A^% computer from E-Bay or fry a g-card in some cases.

Thank God someone knows what they are doing around here!

5. Help Me I have Fallen and I cant find an  MMO..ER! This person has played it all( see provided list) and reaches out to all of us to provide them with a new game to play............

uhm....did anyone notice there is a MMO list... "yes I know"....its a tab at the top of the....."I know, but I want you to spoon feed me my next game, cuz you know what I like".....

oh whatever O.0

6.Seer of Signs: This poster has the Tin Foil hat GLUED to his head and seeks to post every theory about any MMO at any moment regardless of truth. Nothing escapes his notice no matter how far under the radar and dont think he doesnt know what Titan is all about, he merely awaits the next Blizz Con to confirm what he already knows.

Hey buddy the tip of your tin foil is bent so fix it

7. king Tut:  You have seen this poster, the person who constructs a wall of text that rivals the pyramids at Giza. Just like like archeaologists of old who couldnt scale the massive pyramids or decipher the strange heiroglyphics, we dont want to read your post that rivals war and peace either.

Hey pal....... Rome wasnt built in a day and it looks like your post wasnt either....next time give us the cliff notes.

8. The Great White:  Jaques Cousteau used to tell stories of massive almost prehistoric great white sharks that would devour unsuspecting sufers never to be seen again and so we see the Great White MMORPGer who prowls the vast reaches of the message boards searching for that unsuspecting, all alone post by an unaware poster and then...... it is all over before the thread got started: a vicious attack leaving the OP bloody and dying, wondering what hit them...........

This is the most deadly of type of poster, the Great White, a killing machine, a devourer of life, a cold dark remnant of older times that still prowls the message boards to this very day.

Thank you

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by Icewhite

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/

I was thinking that too, only half as interesting (the MMORPG article that is).

Originally posted by MMObro

Lets see you also got :

1. Amatueur developer: he has an "active" mind and seeks to reinvent the proverbial wheel...for EVERY freekn game out there. All to no avail as developers never use his genious pointers and should haves.

Good luck with that Einstein.

2. The bait and switcher: The guy who posts an idea or theory and then disagrees with EVERY comment and then keeps trying to change their "real" intent and then goes off on some errant tangent when all seems lost.

Um ok:

Moses used the celestial stars

Columbus had a map

You need a Garmin or something like that to stay on track buddy

3. Me first: posts first just for the hell of it:

Yes these people just HAD to be first in everything in life, including posting on MMORPG.COM, they are the same A-holes who cut you off to every red light on the way from work each day 

4. Resident Expert: Quiz comes to mind: A universaly accepted subject matter expert in this case, Hardware, who can point out the error of our ways as we mindlessly buy the wrong computers, install the wrong upgrades and buy that cheap A^% computer from E-Bay or fry a g-card in some cases.

Thank God someone knows what they are doing around here!

5. Help Me I have Fallen and I cant find an  MMO..ER! This person has played it all( see provided list) and reaches out to all of us to provide them with a new game to play............

uhm....did anyone notice there is a MMO list... "yes I know"....its a tab at the top of the....."I know, but I want you to spoon feed me my next game, cuz you know what I like".....

oh whatever O.0

6.Seer of Signs: This poster has the Tin Foil hat GLUED to his head and seeks to post every theory about any MMO at any moment regardless of truth. Nothing escapes his notice no matter how far under the radar and dont think he doesnt know what Titan is all about, he merely awaits the next Blizz Con to confirm what he already knows.

Hey buddy the tip of your tin foil is bent so fix it

7. king Tut:  You have seen this poster, the person who constructs a wall of text that rivals the pyramids at Giza. Just like like archeaologists of old who couldnt scale the massive pyramids or decipher the strange heiroglyphics, we dont want to read your post that rivals war and peace either.

Hey pal....... Rome wasnt built in a day and it looks like your post wasnt either....next time give us the cliff notes.

8. The Great White:  Jaques Cousteau used to tell stories of massive almost prehistoric great white sharks that would devour unsuspecting sufers never to be seen again and so we see the Great White MMORPGer who prowls the vast reaches of the message boards searching for that unsuspecting, all alone post by an unaware poster and then...... it is all over before the thread got started: a vicious attack leaving the OP bloody and dying, wondering what hit them...........

This is the most deadly of type of poster, the Great White, a killing machine, a devourer of life, a cold dark remnant of older times that still prowls the message boards to this very day.

Thank you

See post #106.

Hope is not a stategy.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Oh gawd the lurker is SOOOOO cute

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**