Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey everyone, thinking of trying this game. Will my PC run it

punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

Cpu speed: 2.4 GHz

Ram: 5.0 GB 

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Video card: GeForce 8800 GTX

Video RAM3.0 GB

And does it have PVP?  If so what type does it have?

How is the game so far?  I used to play FF13

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I used to run it on an 8800, on low. It will be a bit laggy even on lowest settings, it is a very good looking game. I have heard that it is refined and a lot better than when it came out now. If you don't mind finding groups to level it should be a pretty fun game now, but they did change leveling to make it require groups from what I have heard. It isn't like FF13, but if you are a fan of Final Fantasy games, it isn't a bad game by any means, just a lot of people are still butthurt about how the game launched. It does cost 9.99 a month now though, but that's still cheaper than most mmo's.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

It is cheaper then most mmo games.

Ah ok so i can really only play on low settings then. How does it look on low? or am i better off just waiting a year to upgrade my system* i just got this system*

It looks like a fun beautiful game.

I loved FF13 but its getting so outdated it does not look good anymore sadly.

• DaylosDaylos Member UncommonPosts: 16

try this out and see what it says

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/download/benchmark02.html

I used it before the game came out to find out if either of my PC's could run it. You can compare the scores with others to see how "well" it will run it.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

The FFXIV benchmark is kinda broken, even SE said so last year and also claimed there would be a new one, but it never happened yet.  You'll get a very low score on the benchmark, but you'll still be able to play it, although it will be on the lowest possible settings.

XIV still looks great even on low, but it'll be more blurry and meh, whereas if you had a better system it'd be mroe crisp and clear.  It would probably be better to wait until 2.0 later this year that will launch with an entirely new client and engine that is being built for lower end PCs to handle better.  And in the mean time, you could also save up for a new PC too!

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

This game does not look good on low settings, it looks like 16-bit graphics. 

Maybe Khrymson hasn't played for a long time I think they changed scaling a bit.  It is playable, but it does not look good at all.

That said your computer isn't that bad, you wouldn't have to run it on lowest settings (but a video card update would be pretty inexpensive if you want to run it higher).

Ah ok thanks everyone!

I just got this PC so it will be a while befor i get a new card, but glade to hear about a 2.0 coming out to were it can run better on lower systems.

I will just wait then, until then i wish i could make FF13 look better, i hear there was a way but not sure how to do it or were to go.

Thanks again for the awesome replys

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

I'm running it on.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs) ~2.2GHz

4GB Ram

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1 Build 7600)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M

(Laptop)

Not sure if this info helps you any. I don't really know much about computers.

• MavekMavek Member Posts: 138

try canyourunit.com  It analyzes your computers specs and compares it to the required and recommended specs for each game

• DarkGremioDarkGremio Member Posts: 32

Run the benchmark...DL Here

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/download/benchmark01.html

then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to see where you score belongs at

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Originally posted by punkrock

It is cheaper then most mmo games.

Ah ok so i can really only play on low settings then. How does it look on low? or am i better off just waiting a year to upgrade my system* i just got this system*

It looks like a fun beautiful game.

I loved FF13 but its getting so outdated it does not look good anymore sadly.

what....the...fuck are you talking about? outdated? its like....2 1/2 years old....are you from the future or something? or playing it on a black and white t.v. perhaps? please, enlighten me how ff13 is outdated exactly?

EDIT- i hope you arent planning on playing 13-2, because its from the same engine and the graphics are on par with the last one....

EDIT2- I see what's going on here. You are all talking about FF11. Why are you all calling it 13?

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• DarkGremioDarkGremio Member Posts: 32

IMO the graphics are quite amazing....Everything is done with such detail.

• skeith138skeith138 Member Posts: 176

TRY THIS WEBSITE TO CHECK ON YOUR COMPUTER:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com

you can check your PC to other games also in the website if you like.