Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Location Preview – Blue Mountain

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Funcom has partnered with MMORPG.com to bring our readers a first-ever look at a new location from The Secret World. Called Blue Mountain, the area is a forbidding haunted place filled with creatures of legend like the wendigo, the draug and the ak'ab. Find out more about Blue Mountain in our exclusive first look. Let us know what you think!

At Blue Mountain the players will get their first great chance to deal a serious blow against the coming darkness.

Located on Solomon Island, just to the west of Kingsmouth, Blue Mountain is no stranger to titanic struggles. The players must discover the epic history of the area and learn about the desperate battle fought here long ago. This can only be done through the wisdom and talents of the local Wabanaki Indian tribe.

Read more The Secret World: Location Preview – Blue Mountain.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Teh, why do I always sympathize more with the "monsters" than humanity? I'd rather join the Great Cthulhu than some human order.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

Aye same here,.

The game looks good thou, lets just hope it looks good.

and for the love of god bring on the new AO update.

• AceundorAceundor Member Posts: 482

Mayans and Vikings. This is going to be fun!

Originally posted by BishopB:

Are a lot of the trolls just angry kids with old gaming hardware?

• VincentG85VincentG85 Member Posts: 14

OMG Can't wait !

• AdrianBLBAdrianBLB Member Posts: 8

Seriously can't wait for this game. Hand out beta's already! :)

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

Those screenshots are some of the best from TSW this far. I have a few friends with beta access and the game looks nice and stable and it looks really good.

• VincentG85VincentG85 Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Blackbrrd

I have a few friends with beta access and the game looks nice and stable and it looks really good.

Good to hear :-)

Hope they're tracking bugs night and day, the launch has to be perfect ! :-P

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Gotta love the lore and atmosphere of TSW, certainly some of the best in MMO's so far, very refreshing :-)
  • CrepitusCrepitus Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by Elikal

Teh, why do I always sympathize more with the "monsters" than humanity? I'd rather join the Great Cthulhu than some human order.

Same!

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

How good is the combat gameplay?

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• VenedVened Member UncommonPosts: 71

Originally posted by xmenty

How good is the combat gameplay?

Fun and fast.

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Also heard a lot of good comments from the testers on the Anima Wheel. Apparently it is reallyreally good.

Looks like there is tickoff on everything besides crafting. Noone have seen that yet. There is only like a interview from back in November on how it's going to be. looking forward to hear about that aswell.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Btw.. Also looks like TSW is going to be the game of... The most fcked up monsters ever. lol

The Ultimate Breakdown

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Originally posted by DaSpack

Looks like there is tickoff on everything besides crafting. Noone have seen that yet. There is only like a interview from back in November on how it's going to be. looking forward to hear about that aswell.

One of those screenshots has a sign that says "arts and crafts", perhaps that's a hint?

I want to steal the pickup and go for a joy ride, will the game allow that?

• NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205

I hope i can get a job as a worker at that general store, that'd be the skill to keep that running while shooting demons that are disguised as customers.

• TRChampionTRChampion Member Posts: 1

when this will came out im going to spend 12 hours playing this awsome :D game. at last a mmorpg game with the best graphics and with the best looking scary cool monsters ever seen before this game gona break off all the nub lagy games ever created

THIS GAME WILL GONA ROCK!!!!

(if u think like me then reply)

THE BEST MMORPG GAME EVER MADE

llllllllllllll                                       

THE SECRET WORLD

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Mayans vs vikings 

rofl

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• LordjayLordjay Member Posts: 11

Hell F#ckn' Yeah!

Can't wait!

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

the 1st that came into my mind when i see the name of the place, ONTARIO CANADA!!!

So What Now?

• LeviathonlxLeviathonlx Member Posts: 135

Originally posted by Elikal

Yea if I could be a 'monster' race in the game then it'd have a much greater appeal for me. I just don't care much for games where I can only play a human.

• BCuseBCuse Member Posts: 140

looks cool!

• DragviperDragviper Member UncommonPosts: 100

Does anyone know an estimate how much will be the subscription ? Thanks

It seems to be a very nice game.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

Originally posted by DaSpack

Looks like there is tickoff on everything besides crafting. None have seen that yet. There is only like a interview from back in November on how it's going to be. looking forward to hear about that aswell.

I had a talk with one of the developers and he really wanted to show it, but he wasn't allowed to by one from the managment. He spilled something afterwards though, about it being mincraft-ish. He was really spoiling to tell it all.  ;o)

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

Cant wait to start playing this game,.

Finally something different from the traditional fantasy MMO games, and it looks nice too :)

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Picture #5 looks ripped off almost entirely from the Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth game...

All it's missing is a harpoon on the boat, some darker colors, and admitting it's Dagon..