Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions Online: Latest State of the Game Posted

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Cryptic's Rob Overmeyer has penned the January edition of the Champions Online Producer's Letter. In it, Overmeyer talks about all of the things that the team has implemented over the last month as well as takes a look ahead at what 2012 will bring.

From what Overmeyer has written, 2012 will see some significant improvements in the game including a completely new crafting system.

This includes a review of every item, reward, device, piece of gear, etc. you can find or earn in Champs. When complete we will not only have better items in the game that are desirable, but we will have a better itemization and reward system that can grow with the game. This update will also introduce a variety of new items and item types.

An improved item system cannot use our current crafting system so we are developing an enhancement system as a replacement. This system would allow you to further improve your items and offer greater character customization.

Read the very detailed letter on the Champions Online site.

Thanks to Rohn for the tip!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Gel214thGel214th Member UncommonPosts: 188

>_< I wish this SOTG was for SWTOR. 

*siigh*

Remote Training, better customisation, Turn in your missions from anywhere in the world, Flashpoint Queues, testing powers and builds...

Kudos CO team!

• DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135

You know it would be nice if they put as much effort into STO as they do CO.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Gel214th
    >_< I wish this SOTG was for SWTOR. *siigh*Remote Training, better customisation, Turn in your missions from anywhere in the world, Flashpoint Queues, testing powers and builds...Kudos CO team!

I wish this SOTG described Champions when it first launched. I think I would have been much happier and so would the lifetime subscribers.

All in all, it looks like the game is finally reaching something approaching 'decent'.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• MataOCDMataOCD Member Posts: 54

CO is a great game and it looks like it's getting better!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Maybe time to retry this game. I quit because the game had too much of a single player feel to it, hopefully that has changed.

• senseo65senseo65 Member Posts: 9

Now CO is PWE game and PWE will patch the game every week and im sure its gona be much better

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

CO is still single player and still if you are free you don't get to customize your power choices, so it's dead to me.

• Gel214thGel214th Member UncommonPosts: 188

I'm a Lifetime Subscriber to CO...Ijump on and play around in the Power center every now and then to see the new powersets ^_^ WHEEE!

Still a great game, and one I recommend. It's a tough choice between it and CoH though. 

• Mondo80Mondo80 Member UncommonPosts: 194
    A lot of the improvements have come from STO.
  • Cameo3Cameo3 Member Posts: 219

How the's the pvp? I remember everyone being glass cannons in that cage match for pvp. :|

Either you had "the build" or you didn't...I love the look of CO but the pvp...sigh..made me want to cry a little inside.

Member of Talon | www.lakexeno.com
    RIFT: Redcameo, Warrior, Faemist Server
    RIFT: Bluecameo, Mage, Faemist Server

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Originally posted by Cameo3

How the's the pvp? I remember everyone being glass cannons in that cage match for pvp. :|

Either you had "the build" or you didn't...I love the look of CO but the pvp...sigh..made me want to cry a little inside.

For me it was not the build, as much as if you had a group that played together well.

Sure the porters were op for a while, but  a few players actually PLAYING as a group would wipe the floor in PVP in short order.

Trying to compete against that, in pug's.. not fun:)  For either group in the end. Which is the main downfall of these type games in PVP.  You need to either have it structured well or it will die a quick death for PVP.

• Cameo3Cameo3 Member Posts: 219

Yea but I don't want to name any skills off [incase hasn't been fixed yet] but there were what, 3 or 4 main skills of which you had to have at least 1 or 2 and you'd rock people's worlds...

Member of Talon | www.lakexeno.com
    RIFT: Redcameo, Warrior, Faemist Server
    RIFT: Bluecameo, Mage, Faemist Server

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

People don't want to like this game or give it a fair shake, and I honestly don't fault them for it. Cryptic dropped the ball something fierce when the game first launched. But since then it's improved in heaps and droves, I've never regretted my lifetime sub. All the free content (for me), the monthly stipend to buy more, the adventure packs and powers, all of that keeps bringing me back to the game. 

My only issue is it doesn't have staying power, though I think that could be just because I'm not the kind that cares about achievements and, content-wise, I've already done it all. I wish there was something in this game that gave me a reason to stick to it, for more than a month at a time, when new content launches. Still, deserves a spot for one of, if not THE, most improved MMO of late.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

People don't want to like this game or give it a fair shake, and I honestly don't fault them for it. Cryptic dropped the ball something fierce when the game first launched. But since then it's improved in heaps and droves, I've never regretted my lifetime sub. All the free content (for me), the monthly stipend to buy more, the adventure packs and powers, all of that keeps bringing me back to the game. 

My only issue is it doesn't have staying power, though I think that could be just because I'm not the kind that cares about achievements and, content-wise, I've already done it all. I wish there was something in this game that gave me a reason to stick to it, for more than a month at a time, when new content launches. Still, deserves a spot for one of, if not THE, most improved MMO of late.

I agree, this game has improved dramatically since launch.  It's one of the games that I keep going back to as a casual player. They really have done a nice job with it.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• bakabrödbakabröd Member Posts: 129

this is a good game me thinks.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Originally posted by Yamota

Maybe time to retry this game. I quit because the game had too much of a single player feel to it, hopefully that has changed.

As usually .. players have very different tastes. Im playing now swtor, then guess will rift, swtor, ... then mists ... maybe will find in middle to go back to co for month or two ... but just hope game will stay soloable up to max level as is now.

CO, last played half year back, have improved, is very very fun and intense to play .... but pretty repetitive and after i.e. 2 months I lose my interest to continue. Not happend with wow or rift where I could play without interruptions for half year or year (as altholic have a lot to do :)).