Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Healers in PVE servers are harrasing us

Comments

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Originally posted by 4bsolute

You never bite the hand that feeds you.

Go on insulting tanks and healers in your current MMO, and I can guarantee you, you will have a bad, bad time.

But one have to figure out for himself, isnt it so...

Very true. However, how does this relate to the current discussion?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Healing a flagged NPC should flag you for PvP. The healing itself is a perfectly viable strategy, but you should have to actually participate in the PvP, which means you need to be flagged.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• RabiatorRabiator Member Posts: 358

Originally posted by Fed1

Being able to heal MOBS of your faction is a sandbox feature. I have no problem with it as long as the healer is then flagged PvP.

This.

BTW, EVE Online does it this way too, if outsiders interfere in high sec PvP:

You support one of the combatants, you become a legitimate target for his opponents. In the two years I played EVE, I have heard no complains about this concept.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

Originally posted by Creslin321

BWAHAHA!

I remember these kind of issues...in UO...in 1999.

You would think an MMORPG developed in 2011 would know not to allow players to heal MOBs ;).

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. This game “Feels” like it was made by people who have never experienced an MMO.  Clear sign that no lessons have been learned in this segment of the  industry. 

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• orgashorgash Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by Teala

I have a question:  How did this get past beta?

I am not sure..it was there during beta...i was on Illum alone a lot of times due to being maxed before many and played around with all the npcs when i found this..i emailed the dev team directly and recieved a confirmation that they had recieved and will look into it blah blah blah.....guess they didnt have time to check it out?

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Originally posted by Rabiator

Being able to heal MOBS of your faction is a sandbox feature. I have no problem with it as long as the healer is then flagged PvP.

This.

You support one of the combatants, you become a legitimate target for his opponents. In the two years I played EVE, I have heard no complains about this concept.

Both you and the quoted poster are fundamentally misunderstanding the problem. There's nothing wrong with healing a combatant - the problem is when said healer is immune to any form of retaliation, as is the case for the OP.

<3

• june32ndjune32nd Member Posts: 122

[Mod Edit]

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Originally posted by dreamscaper

This.

Both you and the quoted poster are fundamentally misunderstanding the problem. There's nothing wrong with healing a combatant - the problem is when said healer is immune to any form of retaliation, as is the case for the OP.

Both people you quoted said exactly what you just said.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by Mithrandolir

This.

ROFL. Gotta love MMORPG.com, good comic relief. image

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by lizardbones

Healing a flagged NPC should flag you for PvP. The healing itself is a perfectly viable strategy, but you should have to actually participate in the PvP, which means you need to be flagged.

I have to agree with this personally, though I do find it a funny situation none the less.  Even funnier is that the OP seems to feel that posting his complaint here will do something.  Apparently he doesn't know about the official forums.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Castillle

So if you didnt know...The imperial healers can just waltz over to the heroic area in illum (or other places tbh) and they can just stay there unflagged WHILE HEALING THE NPCS!

It is a huge pain in the ***** and we need this fixed please. At least make those npcs flag people for pvp if theyre healing them! T_T

Sooo annoying to be fighting then a healer comes over, cleanses the CC and starts healing all the npcs x.x Its annoying and its evil and we need it stopped!

Edit : Flagging them for pvp would be the best solution so we can flip out and kick their *****

Link

What do you guys think?

first time i've seen an mmo where the griefers all roll healers.

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by GMan3

Originally posted by lizardbones

I have to agree with this personally, though I do find it a funny situation none the less.  Even funnier is that the OP seems to feel that posting his complaint here will do something.  Apparently he doesn't know about the official forums.

i found it more amusing the number of people who seemed to think it was okay healers don't get flagged. and the number who thanked him for the idea so they can go out and grief other players in this way themselves.

judging solely on that thread and its replies, you can really pick the demographic...

• GibboniciGibbonici Member UncommonPosts: 472

Originally posted by StSynner

Same way everything else got past beta. lol.

... in this and every other game where things haven't been 100% perfect after launch.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by StSynner

Same way everything else got past beta. lol.

My response would be:   George Zoeller

I probably spelled his name wrong... he made some comments during an interview.. which pretty much explain how things made it through beta.

It was in regards to how they didn't invite people to beta for feedback or bug reporting.   It was simply to make fans feel like part of the process... because they discovered all issues "in house" ...

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Do you blame him? Did you see the way humanity devolved when those fake beta invite emails went out 5 months ago? I remember one dude comparing it to receiving a call that his mom died.

Fans are crackheads...
  • BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

*slowly raises hand far back in the crowd*

.......... my bad.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by headphones

So if you didnt know...The imperial healers can just waltz over to the heroic area in illum (or other places tbh) and they can just stay there unflagged WHILE HEALING THE NPCS!

It is a huge pain in the ***** and we need this fixed please. At least make those npcs flag people for pvp if theyre healing them! T_T

Sooo annoying to be fighting then a healer comes over, cleanses the CC and starts healing all the npcs x.x Its annoying and its evil and we need it stopped!

Edit : Flagging them for pvp would be the best solution so we can flip out and kick their *****

Link

What do you guys think?

first time i've seen an mmo where the griefers all roll healers.

Made my day ;)

• rymanryman Member Posts: 227

Originally posted by Suraknar

I think that I really like the cute bunny in your Avatar picture. :)

I eat bunnies, yum.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Originally posted by ryman

Originally posted by Suraknar

I think that I really like the cute bunny in your Avatar picture. :)

I eat bunnies, yum.

Bunnies have access to rockie launchers! Fear them!!!

As for the griefers rolling healers...I think its because the Inquisitor healer is the single most played class cuz of their force lightning n stuff...But they can spec to be a healer!

Originally posted by Mithrandolir

This.

Still rofling over this o.o LOL

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• Aren_DAren_D Member UncommonPosts: 92

Beta ain't over yet. BW just started to charge people for testing.

"Don't argue with dick-heads, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

One other thing that people may have not realised is that on a PvE server an empire player can heal a rebel, as long as both are unflagged (tbh I haven't tried it with me flagging).

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Originally posted by Xasapis

One other thing that people may have not realised is that on a PvE server an empire player can heal a rebel, as long as both are unflagged (tbh I haven't tried it with me flagging).

While unusual, this is not really an issue though, is it? If the part about both unflagged is accurate.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Link

What do you guys think?

This is one of the better things I found in Lineage II. If you didn't want to PK bots, you just healed their mobs till the mobs killed the bots.

I do agree though, that healing PC's should flag one for PvP, regardles of the server you play on. I think BioWare should add this as fix to this 'problem'.

A ban as 2nd poster proposed? No way! You're playing a MMO and are in a PvP area (well, I guess it is :p). If BioWare is smart, they do the proposed fix and the 'harasment' will be less than before.

But still, IMO this is a legit PvP tactiv to be used...

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Link

What do you guys think?

I think you need to cancel your sub.  Seriously.  All these problems are a representation of BW/Mythic/EA as a whole.  This is an example of bad game design showing how the devs cut corners and do not fully think out the mechanics they implement.  It won't stop.  Every new content release will showcase more and more of these bad designs.  The same exact thing happened with Warhammer.

Ask yourself this: How much are you willing to put up with?

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Originally posted by Sovrath

People used to do this in Lineage 2. Healers would show up at enemy raids and start healing the raid boss.

There also used to be an issue with out of party healers healing "reds" as they didn't, at the time, flag for pvp. They later changed that.

I'm all for being creative in pvp but this seems to fall outside the scope of what the game should be.

Reminds me of some cardinal % healing antharas during a raid lol.

Anyway this seems like the sort of issue that was probably a side effect of some change they didnt think it would affect much.