Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most anticipated MMO 2012

KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/best-mmo-ultimate-gaming/726052

I believe GW2 is the most anticipated overall. But, aside from that...which other MMO do you think deserves some credit? I personally love the idea behind Dust 514.

Comments

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Not everyone's cup of tea but I'm really looking forward to Firefall and Wildstar. Later, perhaps Defiance. I'm really looking for another MMOFPS and a good genre hybrid like Wildstar. I need something different.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Originally posted by Leethe

Not everyone's cup of tea but I'm really looking forward to Firefall and Wildstar. Later, perhaps Defiance. I'm really looking for another MMOFPS and a good genre hybrid like Wildstar. I need something different.

thats a good point, I havent tried any MMOFPS myself or MMORTS for that matter and Wakfu seems interesting also.

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Look for Planetside 2 then, the only true MMOFPS coming out.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

The Secret World

Planetside 2 in second (because I would rather pay a sub than microtrans)

also I think GW2 and Archeage will be 2013, so I'm not getting too excited about them yet, but no doubt will later

further out, im interested in what zenimax online are working on and world of darkness. 

sleepers might be Dominus and DF2

One i'm not looking forward too is WH40K, I mean a WH40K game with PVE!!! as the main focus and 2 lumped together factions because "wow has 2 factions"

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by ShakyMo

The Secret World

also I think GW2 and Archeage will be 2013, so I'm not getting too excited about them yet, but no doubt will later

further out, im interested in what zenimax online are working on and world of darkness. 

One i'm not looking forward too is WH40K, I mean a WH40K game with PVE!!! as the main focus and 2 lumped together factions because "wow has 2 factions"

guild wars will be 2012..based on recent Anet blogs

Originally posted by skyexile

errrr.. Firefall is a MMOFPS, as are Dominus and the new Tribes game.

Originally posted by needalife214

The Secret World

they've stated that as fact?

Im just going off they started closed beta recently right? and games usuually come out at least a year after closed beta starts.

• ClobClob Member Posts: 130

The Secret World

You may want to read yesterday's blog from ANet linked in this thread: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/view/forums/thread/338912/ArenaNet-Welcome-to-the-Year-of-the-Dragon.html 

Those following GW2 very closely, like guru posters, are now "mostly" looking at this summer for release - like June.  GW2 will not have a traditional "Open Beta," but rather a handful of beta (preview) events and then launch rather quickly after those.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Dominus isn't an MMOFPS.  

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Yeah...

I played SOE games before and they all have a habit of ending up the same way. No thanks. PvP for me is a stricly UT arena affair. MMO PvP involves too much whining.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• killjoy0593killjoy0593 Member Posts: 15

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

no dom is not fps its combat is a hot key like swtors but i didnt find swtor combat bad but its just similiar no auto attack

• killjoy0593killjoy0593 Member Posts: 15

The Secret World

Im just going off they started closed beta recently right? and games usuually come out at least a year after closed beta starts.

not TERA, they're starting closed beta in feburary and releasing the game on may 1st. tera is my most anticipated game.

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

GW2 is #1 for me due to their innovative vision for the game and their iterative design process.

Of the other games coming out, I'd say I'm most intrigued by TSW.  This video in particular shows a lot of cool things they're doing.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk57oisDDJ0

I do think it's going to be an exciting year in general though, just with the way it seems like a lot of games are coming out each with their own vision and going in their own directions. 

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

Wakfu is a nice MMO, no NPCs , a true sandbox game. 

-I am here to perform logic

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Definitely agree about Firefall. Looking forward to that a lot.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

After GW2, it's TSW. Why another one of these threads?

imageimage
  • FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

Originally posted by Theonenoni

No it isn't lol.There are NPC's all over the place:)

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

The Secret World

http://www.arena.net/blog/dragon

it was posted on here and multipul other game sites/youtube where have u been!!! its looking more of a May/june release

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

Personally, In no particular order(Not sure if any of these will actually release in 2012 though:

Archeage

Darkfall 2.0 (yes I realize its not really considered a new MMO)

Dawntide

Salem

and Looking forward to seeing how Mortal Online's "Awakening" goes, specifically with the AI.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

For me it's:

Guild Wars 2 - Active Combat, Seamlessly Co-operative gameplay, brings back the MMO to the themepark genre and tons of PvP features. There's more reasons but then I'd sound like a broken record.

Planetside 2 - This one comes second because it's SOE. However I'm excited to play the 3 faction MMOFPS,

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Originally posted by Fangrim

Originally posted by Theonenoni

No it isn't lol.There are NPC's all over the place:)

Besides starting area where are all those npcs?

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Planet Side 2 for me....

But probably end up playing them all, I usually do.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

I am totally amped for Planetside 2 and hopefully Archage, at least a beta maybe...

Oh, and that Age of Wushu if that is supposed to be this year, that game looks pretty sweet.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!