Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cutscene and some other graphics just awful and near textureless?

adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Been watching some vids, trailer, intro gameplay, etc.  The graphics sometimes look passable, but other times, like indoor areas and cutscenes (talking to a guy in his office, the 4 weeks ago, 3 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago bits), seem to have flat textures with no detail, almost reminds me of an old sims game, about the quality of AoC, which was decent when released, but is just plain bad today.

Is this being ported to xbox or ps3?

Comments

• nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212

TSW has the same graphics engine as Age of Conan....I love AoC's graphics but I haven't seen any of TSW yet but I will check it out later this week...Just my two cents...

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

Im going to hold my judgement until I have actually played the game. I have no idea what state the game may have been in when those vids were released. For now I'll stay cautiously optimistic.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

The 4 weeks ago... footage is from over 2 years ago, the office scene from 1 yr ago. They really need to update that, as people are still seeing it on youtube and thinking it represents the game now, or even at release.

They where working on an X-Box version, but put it on hold to focus on the PC version. Understandable given what happened to FFXIV.

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Guys you just keep looking on old stuff. Betatesters today give comment "Awesome to graphics". After all its dreamworld engine so have no fear... Brilliance is near ;).

Found this vid today. There is a lot of finance mumbojumbo up front, on how they have spent years and tears 50 Mill USD, over 220 devs and expect more than 30% sale first year than AoC. But skip all that look at 2:11, John is playing the game with todays graphics and it looks awesome. This is how much the graphics improve when times near release. Btw I also heard that lead game designer from MassEffect 3 also started working TSW now. In other words that team with dreamworld is a definite win in the department of graphics.

http://www.dn.no/dntv/nyheter/article2316164.ece

High hopes from me. I already play AoC and love the high end graphics. The way it looks now I will test TSW to see if it can hold my attention. 

The Ultimate Breakdown

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by DaSpack

Guys you just keep looking on old stuff. Betatesters today give comment "Awesome to graphics". After all its dreamworld engine so have no fear... Brilliance is near ;).

Found this vid today. There is a lot of finance mumbojumbo up front, on how they have spent years and tears 50 Mill USD, over 220 devs and expect more than 30% sale first year than AoC. But skip all that look at 2:11, John is playing the game with todays graphics and it looks awesome. This is how much the graphics improve when times near release. Btw I also heard that lead game designer from MassEffect 3 also started working TSW now. In other words that team with dreamworld is a definite win in the department of graphics.

http://www.dn.no/dntv/nyheter/article2316164.ece

High hopes from me. I already play AoC and love the high end graphics. The way it looks now I will test TSW to see if it can hold my attention. 

I can't see the video T_T

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

Just look at the screenshots here: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/404/feature/6036/The-Secret-World-Location-Preview-Blue-Mountain-.html and you can see that it's no console port. ;)

I just talked to some friends who just got beta access and they say the game looks awesome with a lot of details in the environment and characters.

Even better, look at this video with ingame footage: http://www.gamespot.com/the-secret-world/videos/the-secret-world-exclusive-blue-mountain-location-video-6349173/

• moreblahblahmoreblahblah Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by adam_nox

Been watching some vids, trailer, intro gameplay, etc.  The graphics sometimes look passable, but other times, like indoor areas and cutscenes (talking to a guy in his office, the 4 weeks ago, 3 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago bits), seem to have flat textures with no detail, almost reminds me of an old sims game, about the quality of AoC, which was decent when released, but is just plain bad today.

Is this being ported to xbox or ps3?

Real games are played on a  computer system where a single graphics card costs more more then a xbox or a ps3, add in all the other components of the computer and you my friend will need to get a second paper route. Sorry, make that 150 more paper routes.

TSW graphics are impressive even in the current beta. In its current state, TSW would turn a Xbox or a PS3 into charcoal.