Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

APB: Reloaded: Boxed Edition Arrives at Best Buy

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The APB Reloaded team has let us know that the boxed version of APB: Reloaded is now available at Best Buy. Folks picking up APB:R from Best Buy will receive $50 worth of in-game perks.

• 30 days of account wide Premium service, providing players with faster reputation and experience gains, more in-game currency rewards and a 20 percent discount in the Armas Marketplace, APB Reloaded’s in-game cash shop.

• 500 G1 Credits, redeemable in the Armas Marketplace.

• A faction-specific Cisco Z180 sports car. This all-wheel drive vehicle provides players with a fast, maneuverable and durable ride especially designed for mission in the mean streets of San Paro.

• And the exclusive Magnum ACT-44 Last Stand secondary weapon, a powerful, permanent handgun with great stopping power available to all characters on the account.

• And a super-secret bonus PERMANENT weapon!

Find out more on the APB: Reloaded site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Oh how I miss this game.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Miss it?  Login and play a couple matches and realize the hackers are still there after all this time.

• ValaroValaro Member Posts: 10

True but the game is much better than it was when RTW released it. Hacking will be an ongoing fix sadly. Heres to hoping Racing District/ Asylum comes within the next couple of months!

• Deathwing980Deathwing980 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Not going to pay, it was ruined when the hackers started coming out in numbers when open beta was announced for APBR.... i had fun while it lasted, but sadly... the maps were never balanced out and hackers just run unchecked doing thier business...

if only they had done shit that the community asked them to do.. FIX NETWORK AND HACKS, but thats never going to happen.. money talks and they want money over spending it...

Case and point.. charging a box version for a FREE GAME!

edit:

even the players who owned APB original got stuff out of it... but not much, i wish they would give us old school players permament premium and some access to other weapons for free instead of our generic weapons (and beta testers only got an emote and 1 shotgun that doesnt really do shit...)

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Yeah, damn that evil company.  The players know how to fix things! why can't the trained professionals know how to fix it!

All hail the supreme wise and knowledgeable players! For they are the key to everything and the developers are the doom of man and goats.

You guys are nuts.

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Actually they are not nuts. The called this one correctly. If they could remove the exploits, this would be a great game.
  • KrashnerKrashner Member Posts: 137

Originally posted by morlock9

Actually they are not nuts. The called this one correctly. If they could remove the exploits, this would be a great game.

That's kind of like saying if a game wasn't terrible it would be awesome. There's no absolute way to stop hackers, they'll ruin pretty mch every game they can because the only way they can have fun is if other people are not.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

soo the game is uploaded now on steam PLUS now a boxed version (again?) wtf.. this is more of a subscription based model then a F2P... you rarely ever see F2P games releasing boxed copies.. it just seems retarded to charge for it... when its free.

i login remember why i hate rolling my cop around town... and get bored with my crim... then its off to TF2 for more blanaced less exploited game play.... plus less anger/rage/stress...

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Do I get anything for having bought it at launch? (like the other idiots)

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

Originally posted by GTwander

Do I get anything for having bought it at launch? (like the other idiots)

Just the same deep sense of regret we all feel.

• troublmakertroublmaker Member Posts: 337

Originally posted by Ichmen

soo the game is uploaded now on steam PLUS now a boxed version (again?) wtf.. this is more of a subscription based model then a F2P... you rarely ever see F2P games releasing boxed copies.. it just seems retarded to charge for it... when its free.

i login remember why i hate rolling my cop around town... and get bored with my crim... then its off to TF2 for more blanaced less exploited game play.... plus less anger/rage/stress...

The goal here is to trick moms, dads and kids into paying for this at the store because it will appear to be a very cheap game.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Originally posted by grimal

Miss it?  Login and play a couple matches and realize the hackers are still there after all this time.

Sad but true, practially all you get now in district chat is hackusations because the problem really is that bad. Then if you note the names eventually you get matched with accused cheats & you know ffrom first hand experience its true.

I love the concept but the cheating is too rampant & spoils any possible fun there is to be had. The game code itself is flawed at a base level as we saw last year "hackers" were able to build cars using components that were supposedly locked to everyone & yet cars on sale on the auction house had kits that were not available to unlock or even buy on ARMAS cash shop.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

yes i know war rock had a boxed game and i know this is free. i played it on the G1 servers before the steam port (currently messing with it now on steam as im lazy) 

this boxed game is a huge scam though if you actually think about it. 

its a free game with an item mall, and perks for paying a sub price (thats fine lots of games do it)

but now they put out a limited edition car/weapons/ect that you only  get buying this boxed copy (what about the people who bought the very first APB box set??) this just screams of scaming money out of the player base.  alot of inexperianced gamers see boxed games as a new release they dont always research about games before buying them... they may see this as a brand new game (like they are buying WoW in the store.. even thought it has D2D). i mean hell they made like 1mill players with the steam port... why the heck do they need a physical copy anyway?? G1 servers are still live and now they have steam surly they dont need to release it as a box too...

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    So are you telling me that "we" the players have to fix parts of the game that this company owns? That is total bs , I bought the game when it first launched, glad I ininstalled it then!
  • JigkiroJigkiro Member UncommonPosts: 21

Could also be a way to give the people who are starting, or want to restart the game, a good package? Or is that concept not valid? Due to the fact it is a deal compared to how much you would end up paying in the long run for all the items they have in it. I do beleive they gave the people who originally bought the game some in-game stuff, could be wrong, never looked into it tbh.

Anyways, about hackers.. yeah, there's not that many as people will fuss about in district chat. Most of the people who will hackusation people, are low ranking people and don't really know the difference between skill, and hacks. There's a lot less hackers than what the majority may believe, or assume. I'm one of the people they will normally hackusation, but I play legit.

[PS4: Jigkiro] | [Steam: Jigkiro]