Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned from forum without notice!

waxmaskwaxmask Member UncommonPosts: 55

So that's it for me, end of the line. I quit SWTOR to never ever return. I was one of the critics that pointed out the errors of the game. Got in all those weeks 3 notices that a post was deleted. And alot of topics I was active in got closed without notice. Today I tried to mix in a discussion again and I just can't. Every topic I tried to react was kicked out and got the message: 

XXXXXX, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Comments

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

Originally posted by waxmask

So that's it for me, end of the line. I quit SWTOR to never ever return. I was one of the critics that pointed out the errors of the game. Got in al those weeks 3 notices that a post was deleted. And alot of topics I was active in got closed without notice. Today I tried to mix in a discussion again and I just can't. Every topic I tried to react was kicked out and got the message: 

XXXXXX, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Usually if you get kicked from forums, you should objectively look at your actions. What caused the ban? Did I have anything to do with it? Should I have done something differently?

It's possible, you have a stalker at you back, but normally it's yourself gone blind to your own writing and been excluded because of that (there's no conspiracy).

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Did you get a mail from SWTOR about an infraction or warning?  I suspect not.  They do send out infraction/warning notices because I've gotten 2 of them.

There has also been a rash of problems with their billing process that is failing during the payment process.  I should know because I'm experiencing it myself. (even though I'm using this as an excuse to do other things and not re-sub).  They have been giving me free days to play while they "fix" this known issue but I haven't been able to post for about 4 days now.  I believe this has to do with pre-order accounts as it started the day I was supposed to pay for the first time.

So, in reality, I think you are overreacting which if the case, I wouldn't be half surprised due to the tone of your post and subject.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • waxmaskwaxmask Member UncommonPosts: 55

Don't think so. I need to pay in 2 days (late starter) and have it connected with PP. My wife started earlier and she got billed tho 2 days ago. Sad to have left it this way, I would have like to stay one more month, even with all the troubles atm. Seems Forum moderators are swinging the banhammer on critics now.

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

what? Are you sure it's a ban and not the fact that servers are down for maintenence? I cannot access the forums either.

Originally posted by Pelaaja

So that's it for me, end of the line. I quit SWTOR to never ever return. I was one of the critics that pointed out the errors of the game. Got in al those weeks 3 notices that a post was deleted. And alot of topics I was active in got closed without notice. Today I tried to mix in a discussion again and I just can't. Every topic I tried to react was kicked out and got the message: 

Usually if you get kicked from forums, you should objectively look at your actions. What caused the ban? Did I have anything to do with it? Should I have done something differently?

It's possible, you have a stalker at you back, but normally it's yourself gone blind to your own writing and been excluded because of that (there's no conspiracy).

I was a critic. And I seen how the people got banned by getting a PM stating the reason and points for the violation. I got none of those!

Don't think so. I need to pay in 2 days (late starter) and have it connected with PP. My wife started earlier and she got billed tho 2 days ago. Sad to have left it this way, I would have like to stay one more month, even with all the troubles atm. Seems Forum moderators are swinging the banhammer on critics now.

Extremely unlikely.  There are rules on the forums which poeple break on an hourly basis.  It's MORE likely that those people are posting in a way not allowed.  Even these forums have an excessively negative posting rule under their trolling section that people don't know about.

People need to stop looking at the man as a patsy every time someone gets punished instead of taking the blame like a grown up.

(this is not saying messups don't happen)

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Maintenance, we're all locked out!

Originally posted by Dredphyre

what? Are you sure it's a ban and not the fact that servers are down for maintenence? I cannot access the forums either.

Now you tell me.... if confirmed pls delete the post  hahaha..... and have to resub too.... ow if I only was born with some patience.... now I look like a foool...... if true....... 

Now you tell me.... if confirmed pls delete the post  hahaha..... and have to resub too.... ow if I only was born with some patience.... now I look like a foool...... if true....... 

If true, I think you need to start practicing some impulse control.

• chopgrchopgr Member Posts: 179

worry not my friend, the forum is closed to replies because its maintance time.

http://www.youtube.com/user/chopgr?feature=mhee

"The Heavens burned, the stars
    cried out
    And under the ashes of infinity,
    Hope, scarred and bleeding,
    breathed its last."

You might be right. Still some progress, I didn't start smashing my stuff.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

The forums have all sorts of problems during maintenance. Sometimes they completely take them down.  

This is probably not a ban, but some other issue with your account or the forums.

You are experiencing a knee-jerk overreaction right now. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

haha...well, at least you're practicing some self reflection ;)... But yeah, I think it's because of the maintenence because I've got a total of 10 posts on SWTOR forums, and went there after servers went down to check and respond to a completely friendly suggestion I had posted yesterday in their suggestion box. Couldn't reply and received the same message you did.

Well then lock or delete this. You had your laugh. I am the fool..... 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

You might be right. Still some progress, I didn't start smashing my stuff.

i was going to say that if they bann you they let you know about it, then i remembered its maintenance time. still several hours more to go until they are up

• chopgrchopgr Member Posts: 179

Surrendering to your Rage will not help. It will only lead to the Dark Side.

Try this:

Meditation

http://www.youtube.com/user/chopgr?feature=mhee

"The Heavens burned, the stars
    cried out
    And under the ashes of infinity,
    Hope, scarred and bleeding,
    breathed its last."

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

Originally posted by Pelaaja

I was a critic. And I seen how the people got banned by getting a PM stating the reason and points for the violation. I got none of those!

Being critical is good, being broken record beating the dead horse isn't. And they have tons (not even exaggerating) of critics who don't get banned on their forums.

Maybe, as has been already suggested, it's just a clitch on their accounting system.

EDIT: Ok, it's the maintenance it seems.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Don't feel bad OP, we all make mistakes.

Besides I'm sure you will get around to getting banned from the OBoards soon enough. It happens to the best of us. I've been temp-banned here more times than I bother to remember. And god forbid you try to discuss anything on the $team forums that might cause them to think they aren't getting every penny out of people; you will get perma-banned for sure. I have given up making snide email account names just to keep a forum accout going there.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

This discussion has been closed.