Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the difference?

SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243

Just wondering what Perfect World was trying to do when they created WoI and BoI

WoI has a few more classes than BoI but they are pretty much exactly the same

Do they have different stories?

I haven't gotten into WoI enough to get into the storyline

Comments

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

battle of the immortals takes place 300 years after WOI thats pretty much it,, so BOI=WOI 2

• MioticMiotic Member Posts: 1

They were originally going to release WOI as an expansion for BOI but it ended up being so big that they turned it into its own game. So yeah, it is basically an expansion of BOI.  WOI has more content and players, I would pick it if trying to decide. 

• MrTugglesMrTuggles Member UncommonPosts: 188

Originally posted by BethelsBoy

Just wondering what Perfect World was trying to do when they created WoI and BoI

WoI has a few more classes than BoI but they are pretty much exactly the same

Do they have different stories?

I haven't gotten into WoI enough to get into the storyline

WOI was made to be an expansion to BOI, but it was later turned into a stand alone "sequel" once they realized they would be able to make a lot of money off it.

WOI is BOI 2.0. There are the same graphics, the same maps, character models, monster models, mosters, fashion items in the cash shop, etc. The only difference is there is a "new" pet system which incorporates a new way to get you to use the cash shop (a soul system where you meld them and make them better), and the prices in WOI are 2-3x higher than what is in BOI for the exact same item (fashions included).

It is based off the "Ragnarok" as well. So yeah, it is 99.9% the same game.

• seoslayerseoslayer Member Posts: 1

WOI should have been a sequel for BOI. 

WOI's storyy begins with ragnarok and i think BOI's story should end with Ragnarok...