Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think Blizzard just handed it to StarWars TOR on a plate .

1111213141517»

Comments

• Teh_AxiTeh_Axi Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by DarthAttikus

I have contacted blizzard on the issue and they basically told me that I am S.O.L and transferred my GM position to some low level character that logs on once in a great while! 

If thats true then your guild was 100% garbage, you could probs spam invite a better one in a day.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

The majority will go back to WoW, their daddy, once they get bored with the new thang.  Don't worry kids.

(Btw, they both are terrible games)

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• DarthAttikusDarthAttikus Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Teh_Axi

I have contacted blizzard on the issue and they basically told me that I am S.O.L and transferred my GM position to some low level character that logs on once in a great while! 

If thats true then your guild was 100% garbage, you could probs spam invite a better one in a day.

I am assuming you didn't read the whole thing otherwise you are just stupid and you just wanted to make a dumb comment. In any case, the guild was created for bank purposes and then went into hibernation since the transfer over to swtor! And I created the guild with spamming low level toons thus the size! However, you are "that guy" and just want to make a comment appearantly. Don't reply back unless you have something intelligent to say.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by Sideras

There really isn't much blizzard can do, they are just trying to hold on to as many customers as possible. I've had a lot of people pre-ordering the game most of them don't want to move on. And they are all hyped up for the expansion.

Why move to SWToR when WoW has everything SWToR has and more? The only difference is story and companions and ofc a change of scenery.

Are you kidding me? The only thing wow has established  are maps. However, nobody wants to play the old content any more thus in order for Blizzard to keep their subscribers entertained is by trying to create new expansions and force players to play! Hence, why the tougher rules now, which by the way they also took out scroll of resurrection! So, basically if you want to play you have to subscribe from now on! I am telling you Blizzard is hurting more than they show! At this rate they are not going to be able to keep player no matter how many "legendary" items they are willing to give. Moreover, with Swtor you have your mounts, your companions that do stuff for you, and your own starship!!!! With wow all you have is bunch of mounts and little companions that do squat! So, overall this is one battle Blizzard is going to lose no matter what. Players like myself are tired of playing with the same mechanics, and routine story line. Wow is just old and it’s on its last breath just like “Everquest” was. I just hope that it’ll be soon and painless. Not to mention Swtor is a new game so their expansions will be anticipated rather than frowned upon like world of warcrafts in my opinion. Not to mention I don't see anyone complaining about drop rate in Swtor.

So how does this work? Do they use a gun? Fluffy pillows? A chinchilla!?!

And why complain about the guild thing, if you are not even playing then what is the big deal? I don't understand.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Originally posted by Slampig

Originally posted by Sideras

There really isn't much blizzard can do, they are just trying to hold on to as many customers as possible. I've had a lot of people pre-ordering the game most of them don't want to move on. And they are all hyped up for the expansion.

Why move to SWToR when WoW has everything SWToR has and more? The only difference is story and companions and ofc a change of scenery.

Are you kidding me? The only thing wow has established  are maps. However, nobody wants to play the old content any more thus in order for Blizzard to keep their subscribers entertained is by trying to create new expansions and force players to play! Hence, why the tougher rules now, which by the way they also took out scroll of resurrection! So, basically if you want to play you have to subscribe from now on! I am telling you Blizzard is hurting more than they show! At this rate they are not going to be able to keep player no matter how many "legendary" items they are willing to give. Moreover, with Swtor you have your mounts, your companions that do stuff for you, and your own starship!!!! With wow all you have is bunch of mounts and little companions that do squat! So, overall this is one battle Blizzard is going to lose no matter what. Players like myself are tired of playing with the same mechanics, and routine story line. Wow is just old and it’s on its last breath just like “Everquest” was. I just hope that it’ll be soon and painless. Not to mention Swtor is a new game so their expansions will be anticipated rather than frowned upon like world of warcrafts in my opinion. Not to mention I don't see anyone complaining about drop rate in Swtor.

So how does this work? Do they use a gun? Fluffy pillows? A chinchilla!?!

And why complain about the guild thing, if you are not even playing then what is the big deal? I don't understand.

Trying to sell the account hence why I need everything out of the guild bank (which is mine) and we are having fun with female NEs' for entertainment they like watching my lightsaber grow. 

• TortanicTortanic Member Posts: 85

Hey I know of a great way to entice players!

How about UNfucking the talent trees?

How about NOT tuning everything so my grandmother can play through it?

Groundhog Day 5man running via WOTLK,, let alone TBC or Vanilla were more enjoyable than Cataclysm. You cut too much content before it jumps out the door, that's what you get. A glorified vanilla content patch with some mediocre themepark quest lines for the ultra-casual masses.

P.S
    Panda/Chinese culture has about as much place in WOW as a gaggle of Thai lady-boy hookers living in a nunnery.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

while it is true that blizzard's next expansion is a year away and it's going to be just as boring i think we can now see that TOR didn't really get the mass exodus they were expecting simply because it's the same old boring combat and end-game model everyone's seen in WoW for 7 years now and in other games before that....combine this with serious problems in TOR and mismanagment and i think many people will be looking for the next big next gen mmo. three guesses what that will be hehe two words with a 2 at the end. :)

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by Tortanic

Hey I know of a great way to entice players!

How about UNfucking the talent trees?

How about NOT tuning everything so my grandmother can play through it?

Groundhog Day 5man running via WOTLK,, let alone TBC or Vanilla were more enjoyable than Cataclysm. You cut too much content before it jumps out the door, that's what you get. A glorified vanilla content patch with some mediocre themepark quest lines for the ultra-casual masses.

P.S

Panda/Chinese culture has about as much place in WOW as a gaggle of Thai lady-boy hookers living in a nunnery.

This needs to be an anime.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• TortanicTortanic Member Posts: 85

That's kind of what I had in mind...

>.>

<.<

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by itgrowls

while it is true that blizzard's next expansion is a year away and it's going to be just as boring i think we can now see that TOR didn't really get the mass exodus they were expecting simply because it's the same old boring combat and end-game model everyone's seen in WoW for 7 years now and in other games before that....combine this with serious problems in TOR and mismanagment and i think many people will be looking for the next big next gen mmo. three guesses what that will be hehe two words with a 2 at the end. :)

Probably but don't be too sure just yet.

Trion actually succeded pretty good running a game like Rift and getting back a lot more than the development cost by supporting the released game. 

If Bioware work really hard supporting their game they still can turn things around. After all was Wows endgame when it launched even worse than TORs and patched in later.

And if not, well GW2, Titan and Class 4 will probably clean up the mess.

• HoplitesHoplites Member CommonPosts: 463

Q1 results will tell us a lot as to what has happened.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by Loke666

and Class 4 will probably clean up the mess.

Follow the double-take: "A tandem switch?  Wha?  Oh, right, that Class 3 zombie thang."

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Teh_AxiTeh_Axi Member UncommonPosts: 380

I am assuming you didn't read the whole thing . .

Of course I didn't, who would waste their time reading about some random guys fail "bank" guild getting passed onto a low level alt. It's no doubt full of bandages and crafting recipes no one wants anyway. Plus that defense is terrible at any rate because you could just make an alt for bank space.

I hope that low level GM is a Gnome.

Trion actually succeded pretty good running a game like Rift and getting back a lot more than the development cost by supporting the released game. 

If Bioware work really hard supporting their game they still can turn things around. After all was Wows endgame when it launched even worse than TORs and patched in later.

Actually Bioware listens to the community a lot, and they are making new zones for pvp there are couple of videos on their website in regards to this. I don't know how long you've been playing wow for but if you remember when wow was first released they had to do a lot of things different and expand the game, this is what TOR is going through at the moment. I don't work for the company I am simply stating facts, and like I mentioned before I've played wow since it's release but the game is NOT fun anymore and with star wars 3D coming back on the big screen it will boots sales of TOR in my opinion. Also, if they keep uo with the community requests they will suceed. I've never played "Rift" so I can't really comment on that but there have been times my friends and I looked to move on to a better mmo since the game play and the story lines became so tiresome.

Originally posted by Teh_Axi

I am assuming you didn't read the whole thing . .

Of course I didn't, who would waste their time reading about some random guys fail "bank" guild getting passed onto a low level alt. It's no doubt full of bandages and crafting recipes no one wants anyway. Plus that defense is terrible at any rate because you could just make an alt for bank space.

I hope that low level GM is a Gnome.

you are an idiot and you just post just to say something! however, I think you might get more response with your stupid comments in trade chat, trolling! Now stfu, and gtfo here.

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311

You have it reveresed ... TOR should have crushed WoW, should have curbed stomped them for YEARS of jumping the shark but NNNnnnOOoooooooo.....

EA/BW could F-UP a free lunch!!!  You Have Star Wars, you have Money , you have manpowerr, you are an industry heavyweight!!! and they BLEW IT!!

Blizzard.. the WoW world is Old and tired, held together with bubblegum and bailing wire..One good hit and WoW collapses..People want something new and different.

And Now 40k is vapourware....Dear God...why ... it's like Hell only not so hot...Abandon all hope ye who enter here

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Totally agree with you Loke666, still contrary to Trion, until proven otherwise, BioWare seems mostly clueless for now.

IMHO the games need either a new PR/Marketing guru or a producer that knows what works and what doesn't.