Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArenaNet: Welcome to the Year of the Dragon

romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

http://www.arena.net/blog/dragon

Welcome to the Year of the Dragon!

Today is Lunar New Year’s Day, and according to the Asian zodiac system, the first day of the Year of the Dragon. It’s an auspicious omen for all of us at ArenaNet, as we get ready to make this our own Year of the Dragon.

"this all leads to the release of Guild Wars 2 later this year."

Comments

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

In February we’ll invite select press to participate in beta testing, and in March and April we’ll aggressively ramp up the size of our beta test events so that many of you will have a chance to participate. And of course, this all leads to the release of Guild Wars 2 later this year.

Earliest release maybe May/June?

• waxmaskwaxmask Member UncommonPosts: 55

That's my sign and alot of exciting things will happen this year!!!

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Originally posted by EvilGeek

In February we’ll invite select press to participate in beta testing, and in March and April we’ll aggressively ramp up the size of our beta test events so that many of you will have a chance to participate. And of course, this all leads to the release of Guild Wars 2 later this year.

So no release in april ?! Man, they are takig way to long

• Shan_ReaperShan_Reaper Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Dude, after 5 years, 1-2 months aren't so long.

• jmichael147jmichael147 Member Posts: 4

"In February we’ll invite select press to participate in beta testing, and in March and April we’ll aggressively ramp up the size of our beta test events so that many of you will have a chance to participate."

Open beta is supposed to be short so hopefully early Q2 release!  That was the earliest I was hoping for  :D

• waxmaskwaxmask Member UncommonPosts: 55

Nope it's just fine, the hype is there, and still growing, even more so after the let down SWTOR turned out to be. I wasn't intrested in GW2 before it, now my hypelevel got raised too for this game... I rather have a good game late then a rushed product asap....

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

YUS!

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

Oh god oh god oh god oh god

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

At last it's coming :)

..Cake..

• MsengeMsenge Member Posts: 90

Oh my.  They couldn't help themselves could they.  Year of the Dragon indeed. So punny! *Giggles*

• DragviperDragviper Member UncommonPosts: 100
  • sidhaethesidhaethe Member Posts: 861

This sums up my feelings on the news quite accurately:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLkgXhGraFM

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

awesome, although i want this game NOW NOW NOw now now.........I don't want a SWTOR release, you know where they call it playfully an mmo but they don't really have all the features of an mmo because someone forgot or was too lazy to put those in. Yeah. I want the game i'm seeing on videos the awesome extras for just fooling around running all over creation or even swimming. And if that means i have to wait a couple of months so be it. Just dunno what i'm going to do till then......sigh. That's my only problem.

OH GOD! i hope they invite me to beta or i'ma croak right here on the floor! LOL

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648

fhaslhfldashl;fhsldfl YYYYEEEESSS!!!!!!!!!!

SO how do we sign up for beta?

• Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

Originally posted by itgrowls

awesome, although i want this game NOW NOW NOw now now.........I don't want a SWTOR release, you know where they call it playfully an mmo but they don't really have all the features of an mmo because someone forgot or was too lazy to put those in. 

Yeah I know its a good think Anet didn't forget things like dualing mounts and raid huh?

Looks like somethign to play   along side TOR.

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

Originally posted by Snaylor47

awesome, although i want this game NOW NOW NOw now now.........I don't want a SWTOR release, you know where they call it playfully an mmo but they don't really have all the features of an mmo because someone forgot or was too lazy to put those in. 

Yeah I know its a good think Anet didn't forget things like dualing mounts and raid huh?

your right. they should have put kung fu panda mounts and a raid finder with the feature of being able to beat a big dragon with a blindfold. that would help. 

If you like collecting mounts play Pokemon or WoW...  if you like traditional raiding go play any of the numerous games out there that provide you with that (though it;s funny that you mention SWTOR for those two :D)

..Cake..

Originally posted by Epicent

your right. they should have put kung fu panda mounts and a raid finder with the feature of being able to beat a big dragon with a blindfold. that would help. 

Not much wrong with not having raids seeing how they seem to be replacing them from what I have heard.

But no dualing or mounts in an MMO unless the world is small or there are a crap ton of binding point so to speak. I think a lack of dualing is really bad because then you won't be able to test/pratice ur mad skillz on friendlys. 

Not much wrong with not having raids seeing how they seem to be replacing them from what I have heard.

But no dualing or mounts in an MMO unless the world is small or there are a crap ton of binding point so to speak. I think a lack of dualing is really bad because then you won't be able to test/pratice ur mad skillz on friendlys. 

duels are for noobs. l2p and not die in a real fight. or better yet, roll a panda.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Aww man, it's only January. Knowing our luck it's going to be a Christmas release.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

What?!.. you know absolutely nothing about the game do you?

..Cake..

Originally posted by Methos12

Aww man, it's only January. Knowing our luck it's going to be a Christmas release.

That's what I'm afraid of as well.. but I guess it has to do with how well beta/open go

..Cake..

duels are for noobs. l2p and not die in a real fight. or better yet, roll a panda.

You gave me an idea.

But I honestly thought that asking for the ability to dual in a PvP based MMORPG wouldn't be asking for all that much.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Lobotomist

lol patience :)