Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next PotentIAL WOW KILLER???Your opinion

2»

Comments

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Ive actualy not heard of this game, thats why i wrote what i did. Wasnt trying to be harsh or negative to you. But i do understand where you and the guy above are coming from.

• BrodanBrodan Member UncommonPosts: 31

Originally posted by Starwars001

good point,

EVEN IF ITS NOT elder scroll mmorpg 

You can be sure the mmo they could or would work on is worth the following.

It doesn't look like an Elder Scrolls MMO will be happening anytime soon.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/08/31/bethesdas-todd-howard-not-interested-in-an-elder-scrolls-mmo/

• demongoatdemongoat Member UncommonPosts: 68

the only wow killer will be blizzard, when they pull something so stupid people quit in droves.

• troublmakertroublmaker Member Posts: 337

It'll more than likely be free to play games.  Every time an MMO opens they take a cut out of WOW and they gain their own independent player base.  In the past WOW relied on these MMOs funneling new players to them, that's not happening anymore.

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

i honestly think that the only game in the future that gonna kill wow will be...... Titan, Blizzards new MMO. either that or WOW2 :)

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Bethesda fallout mmo, elder scrolls mmo?

What do you think? Bethesda has a huge sucess track of games? And its got ahuge fanbase, and produces some of the greatest single rpg 9the elder scrolls series).

I don't see any Wow killer as such but I can imagine a game that will do about the same thing Wow did: Class 4.

Class4are for you who don´t know it Undead labs upcomming C-box MMO. It have many likenesses with Wows situation before launch including Wows first lead designer Jeff Strain. Console MMOs are also kinda were PC MMOs were before Wow launched.

Undead labs is trying to make a MMO that are made for console gamers, insteadof all the ported PC MMOs out there (ported games suck about as much if you port them from PC as to it).

10 years ago noone believed in FPS games on console, I think MMOs is next. And BTW, we are talking F2P here, Strain also made Guildwars.

But I don´t see any PC game single handed kill Wow. One game will dethrone it sooner or later unless P2P dies with Wow but I am not sure which game that will be.

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

WoW is ugly freak, no MMO-game will do the same.

Only thing I can imagine which would do it is totaly new concept, like real 3D world... Players have to understand that WoW was and is one time miracle. Unless something technologicaly revolutionary comes out there is no new WoW...

• uncletomauncletoma Member UncommonPosts: 159

There will be not WoW killer, there should not another WoW. A lot of players that quitted WoW do it not for another MMO but for the best game ever: The Real Life.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

archeage came from an unknown developer, what im saying is with the backing of such company as bethesada, i think only they can break out a successful MMORPG since the dawn of Ultima online. I did not mention such developers as starvault.

Or Xsylon. Bestheda is in a great position for an mmorpg. And come on everyone knows Bethesada name brand. IT can boost potential subscribers confidence level and hype.

ArcheAge is comming from the guy who created the most successful game series in MMO history before WoW. The Lineage series of games has had more players then most other MMOs combined besides WoW. I would hardly call Jake Song an "Unknown Developer".

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Member Posts: 1,214

Originally posted by Ausare

Can we get a yo mamma joke for the next WoW killer?  Have about as much chance of "killing" WoW as another game does.  The next thing to kill WoW is WoW 2.0 that has everything WoW has but new content for people to play.

How about a poem I wrote for a friend about Momma's? I'll bleep some words as to make it less likely to get banned and leave it to you all to figure out. Here it goes....*ahem!*..........

Last time I was home and lying in bed,

Guess who was on top of me, giving me h%#d,

Yo momma, yo momma, yo momma, that's who,

Why act surprised? I thought you knew?

She puckered her lips, and popped it on in,

And when she was finished with a C%m-crusted grin,

She swallowed my &%$ down without a peep,

All that for two dollars? DAMN your mom's cheap!

As for your post. WoW 2.0 and new content for people to play? That means at least a months worth of play then before they have done everything.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

I think there are a few critical points for a new MMO to be a WoW killer.

1. It cant be fantasy based. we all have fantasy fatigue.

2. Many of the features will have to work on a tablet as well as a console or PC. (the Full feature game will be the console and or PC, what I mean with the tablet is managing your house, market, garden whatever, low graphic type stuff). People who play farmville need a reason to stop playing farmville.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

I wrote this because there is only one other company that can potentially take away wow subs,

and Bethesda is such a strong company, great track record, and produces some of the best rpg of all time.

The brand strong with this one.

If Bethesda released an MMO with the amount of bugs they have present in the single player games the game would be broken beyond belief and have max level characters on day 1.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Nothing will kill wow

It will always be there, like politicians, taxes and stds
  • bugse82bugse82 Member UncommonPosts: 184

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

2. Many of the features will have to work on a tablet as well as a console or PC. (the Full feature game will be the console and or PC, what I mean with the tablet is managing your house, market, garden whatever, low graphic type stuff). People who play farmville need a reason to stop playing farmville.

just about to say that farmville,  sims social and social games in general already killed wow :D.  

so killing wow is pretty abstract conception...:P

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

Bethesda fallout mmo, elder scrolls mmo?

What do you think? Bethesda has a huge sucess track of games? And its got ahuge fanbase, and produces some of the greatest single rpg 9the elder scrolls series).

If there's an elder scrolls MMO, call me. I'll leave every game imaginable for it.

WoW's #1 contender for killer = life with the assistance of hype. 

Expl.: MMO game's are in a depression at this moment. Two large forces are at war, Casual's and Legacy players. Their very existance brings a contradiction. Casual's want faster, newer gameplay, legacy's want slower, time-old gameplay. Companies are trying their damned best to cater to those two's needs. So much so it blinds them. They mash together a jumbled mess of color's that just suck features from other mainstream games and add some paint. However, there exist's one other group, the predecessor's of casual's; Niche players. Niche's play an MMO because they think it's fun, they support and hand over their money for subscription because they feel it will help development. They don't get caught up in the hype of another game's features or what it offers in contrast to their current game. They form guild's and assemble communities in low population games. They are mostly ignored in this battle. 

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430

Titan. if anyone knows how to reach broad audience, it's Blizzard.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Originally posted by bugse82

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

just about to say that farmville,  sims social and social games in general already killed wow :D.  

so killing wow is pretty abstract conception...:P

thats a good point...

I would like to see a game that has farmvill(ish) aspects to it but when you get home you can still crank up with super computer to play the same game but other parts of it.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225

I'd say someone who breaks into all blizzard studios, kills every employee and sets fire to the server farms.

• mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225

No, wait scratch that. A new commecerial where Edward an Bella tell the audience they play WoW will kill WoW. 

• myrmxmyrmx Member Posts: 93

wow is itself ... just look at diablo 3 they're so scared of simply canybalizing their own player base...that they rather console port it and wait until MoP is released before giving us D3.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

I would be all over an Elder Scrolls MMO. Would be amazing.

Or a really well made Stargate MMO.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Diabetes is the biggest killer of WoW.

Truth aside.

As long as the industry wants to take advantage of this generation's style, we won't see a WoW killer.

Project Titan so far has the best chance.

Just cuz an Elder Scrolls MMO is a dream at this point (mostly due to the fact the tech that will be required isn't here yet) and I don't think a Fallout MMO would be as popular as expected.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

I don't know. It will eventually happen.

I remember when MySpace was absolutely huge. MySpace this, MySpace that. So annoying. It just died over night it seemed - replaced by another form of social bacteria: facebook.

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

Bethesda are making a Fallout MMO after acquiring the rights to do so.

So, kinda.

Bethesda aquire Fallout MMO rights

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Originally posted by Vegetto
    Bethesda are making a Fallout MMO after acquiring the rights to do so.So, kinda.Bethesda aquire Fallout MMO rights

If you look at anything from ZeniMax tho', they just wanted to stop use of their owned copyrighted title Fallout. More so than just to stop Interplay from making a MMO so they can release a MMO.

We'll see another stand alone Fallout at least before they explore further the concept of a MMO.

Bethesda's working on a non-established IP MMO title first.

Depending on that I think, which probably started out as TES online 5 years ago but was aborted, and the success of the unique MMO. We'll see the more established IPs made into MMO titles. Probably when the economy turns around.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.