Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perma-banned for using a meme

Comments

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Originally posted by Jason2444

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j144/jason2444/1327184211519.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-w2tOW0Xrk

Oh god i can't breath 

They did u a favour :) BTW you made a mistake once u bought this ''game''....

• KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288

A question to all those that think BW jumpped the gun.  If you walked up to a police officer and told them straight out that you murdered someone in cold blood what do you think would happen?

Meme or not they have to take things at face value.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by KyutaSyuko
    A question to all those that think BW jumpped the gun.  If you walked up to a police officer and told them straight out that you murdered someone in cold blood what do you think would happen?

Ending the life of a person = saying you are 12 which causes zero harm. Hmmmm, let me get back with you on that.

BOOYAKA!

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

After reading the OP and this, the first thing I thought of was the end of Meet the Parents where the dude gets on a plain and wants to carry on his bag and they won't let him and he says "what do you think I have a bomb in here?"  And everybody freaks out, and he gets tackled and thrown in an interrigation room.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by cyress8

Ending the life of a person = saying you are 12 which causes zero harm. Hmmmm, let me get back with you on that.

But he didn't end a life, he just claimed to have, like the op.

• proponentproponent Member UncommonPosts: 92

Hah. I am personally very happy they have a very active ban hamm...lightsaber

• insanejoshinsanejosh Member Posts: 26

The ones defending Bioware. How can you not question this ban. For one, did they even attempt to prove he was 12, to check if it was a typo, or anything? If not then the ban was heavy handed and shows they are just swinging the hammer wildly.

So let's say I walk into a police station and tell them I just killed someone. What do you think they are going to do? Are they going to just question me and let me walk out the door or are they going to arrest me, ask me some questions, and then lock me up until they figure out whats going on? They don't have to prove I killed anyone, I just told them I did.

This is no different than me saying I'm 12. It's against the TOS to be 12 and playing the game. I told them I was 12, they have nothing to prove. I did that msyelf, when I said "Hey I'm 12 and playing your game".

Yeah get back to me once you see the point of the question.  The degree of the crime is insignificant since neither supposedly happened.

• sartoksartok Member Posts: 79

The ones defending Bioware. How can you not question this ban. For one, did they even attempt to prove he was 12, to check if it was a typo, or anything? If not then the ban was heavy handed and shows they are just swinging the hammer wildly.

"They" don't need to prove crap. Someone states there 12, done deal. It's up to the troll to prove he isnt 12.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

They jumped the gun but...

There isn't any way to verify the OP's age in any simple matter that cannot be faked. An investigation any deeper than that isn't worth their time. The threat of bad publicity and a lost sub will be drowned out in the general noise of this particular chapter in the game.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Lol, I'm sure he could appeal and get the ban overturned quite easily :)

The context is not very clear, would have been good to see exactly what he really posted. Every story has 2 sides...

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Bioware is required BY FEDERAL LAW to ensure that every person on their site and in their games is at least 13. 

If you're enough of a dumbass to say that you're 12 KNOWING that Bioware have to comply with federal law, then you should be banned just for being stupid. Simple as that.

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Lol, I'm sure he could appeal and get the ban overturned quite easily :)

The context is not very clear, would have been good to see exactly what he really posted. Every story has 2 sides...

The post in question is quoted in the PM shown in the linked video.

• omomeomome Member Posts: 203

inb4 I'm 12 and what is this?

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Lidane

Bioware is required BY FEDERAL LAW to ensure that every person on their site and in their games is at least 13. 

If you're enough of a dumbass to say that you're 12 KNOWING that Bioware have to comply with federal law, then you should be banned just for being stupid. Simple as that.

yea I'm not a huge fan of this game but honestly this is just dumb and can't beleive its at 7 pages already... if the guy wanted his account back I'm sure he could get it back.. honestly the things people find to bitch and argue about here is getting comedic

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Hmm, the crimes aren't on the same order of magnitude---but hey, neither are the penalties.  It's a wash in the bad analogy department.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

He was banned for Violating the ToS by "admitting" he's under the age of 13 as you can see in the PM the video shows you.  There is no way for BioWare to verify age so yeah if you go on their forums and claim you're under the age of 13 and the ToS clearly state that anyone under the age of 13 can not play the game then yeah you're going to get banned.  I personally don't see any issue here and think the guy is a dumb ass for saying they're 12 and then mad because they got banned.

If you look at it from the site operator's point of view, there is evidence, in writing that the person was under the minimum age to use the service. Unless there was a ban that would lift as soon as they turned 13, then perma-ban was their only option.

Appeal the decision with proof that you're 13 years or older.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

Shoot you? hehe

Normally I would say the story cannot be true, but it is EA .... everything is possible with them :P

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

are we even sure a ban really happened. Im sorry but i dont know how many times people have come here claimed bioware banned them , and done so on swtor forums and had devs come on to say u havent been banned but u will be punished for lying on our forums. 

just because a person says they were banned dosnt make it true.  if they were banned good for bioware, 

if it keeps stupid trolls from infecting forums with im 12 or even dumber shit all the better as far as im concerned.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

How can they definitively prove his identity?
    Its safer legally for them just to ban.

Lately ive seen all kinds of threads thinking that ToS are flexible. There not. there a binding contract.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

We should all post on the forums hey bioware CS, i payed for next month.
    Hopefully, if the standard for creditability for bioware is a forum post we will all be credited with a free month of gameplay.
    I mean otherwise, there is no realy stadard for banning him. Or do you want it both ways. I mean they have his account and billion info, but forum post supersede these i guess.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

In my opinion they should just ban everyone under 20 or everyone...

Still, not sure if this law can be applied to non-usa subscribers. Specialy when ratings are 12 for both Germany and UK...

• Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161

Originally posted by Ekaros

In my opinion they should just ban everyone under 20...

If they did that, there wouldn't be anyone left, if the official forums are anything to judge by. *Trollface*

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350

Will I get banned from this site if I end somthing with  arrow to my knee?

• wardoxywardoxy Member UncommonPosts: 81

lol Bioware, lol.

This discussion has been closed.