Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Subscribe to SWTOR?

There are a lot of people out there talking about why they won't sub, and there are a lot of people defending the game.

Here is a little poll.

Of course there are more reasons and it may be a comination of many, but there are only 10 options in the polling system. Pick the one that best represents your feelings.

Someone please make a good MMO.

Comments

• BefuzinBefuzin Member UncommonPosts: 15

Pvp, but the real answer is that I just sub because my friends do. Honestly the pvp is quite horrible for the most part, but Huttball is a blast!

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

The poll isnt detailed enough.

I'll subscribe because.................

1. its an mmo (a genre I love)

2. Its Star Wars

3. Because I dont have any interest in any other mmos

4. Because I want to do everything on the list you gave.

5. Because all my buddies play it

6. Because i think its a good game

7. I'm having fun

8. Its not as bad as the minority are making it out to be.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

I'll subscribe because I'm enjoying the game. If you aren't enjoying it then don't subscribe. Simple.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• select20select20 Member Posts: 130

Yeah, stupid choices in Poll. I'm subscribing because i'm really enjoying the game. That good enough?

"Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it."

• Reion1Reion1 Member UncommonPosts: 178

I woul be careful because if you do decide to subscribe and then somewhere down the road of... hm, say a free month, the unsubscribe button might conveniently disappear depending on what web browser you are using....

"Everything the light touches is our kingdom" -- Mufasa
    ---

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Ok the game has it's issues like all games and , yes, there was a lot of hype surrounding it. I play because when I do, I have a good time.  Can we please stop these bogus threads with bogus polls and their bogus choices. Accept plurality and move on OP.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• CavodCavod Member Posts: 295

I couldn't find an appropriate option for myself so I didn't vote. 

My answer: because I'm having fun despite the launch problems the game is currently experiencing which will eventually be fixed.  (hopefully sooner rather than later)

...and this is coming from me previously being a SWTOR skeptic being sure I would be skipping this MMO.

We really need separate forums for every newly launched game. There can be the anti-<MMO> one and there can be the 'what general discussion should be' one. All the lamenting can happen together where each can find solace in like minded can't-move-on-ers leaving the rest of us to actually move forward and discuss meaningful and relevant topics.

• Tyvolus3Tyvolus3 Member Posts: 67

#1 reason, Im not a huge SW fan.  #2, I dont pay $15 to play single player RPGs.  #3, I have been unimpressed with Bioware ever since their last great title, NWN.  bioware and blizzard used to be my two fav game companies.  fast forward to 2012, and I dont play either of their games anymore.  strange world, eh ?

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by blondeh

2. Its Star Wars

7. I'm having fun

Ditto.

I'm enjoying the game for now.  When I cease to enjoy it, I will unsub.  But there's no way anyone ELSE's opinion will determine what I choose to do.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Originally posted by just1opinion

Originally posted by blondeh

2. Its Star Wars

7. I'm having fun

Ditto.

I'm enjoying the game for now.  When I cease to enjoy it, I will unsub.  But there's no way anyone ELSE's opinion will determine what I choose to do.

I think it is to the extreme irritation of many that any basically intelligent person cannot really be swayed by internet vitriol. Humans have this pesky habit of thinking for themselves. It's not like the topic is essentially bad, it's just a duplicate of every other one on MMORPG today.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I bought the game because I thought Bioware could AT THE LEASE copy the best RVR game ever made, Dark Age of Camelot. They weren't that smart. So I'm out  $60....and no more.

• baritone3kbaritone3k Member Posts: 223

There are only 10 options in a poll like this. NO MATTER WHAT. SOmeone will want there to be other options.

As I said in the poll, there are only 10 options, so choose the one you think best describes you.

If not, then a reply works too - explaining as you did the reasons you would.

But for me, there are more options in there -

Because I like Star Wars.

Because my friends do it.

Because I am generally enjoying myself enough to keep playing.

A combination of many of the answers above.

BUT - it does bring light to things. If you are paying to subscribe just because you generally like it and can afford it - then maybe maybe choose the $15 one. You don't care about spending that money on it.

Someone please make a good MMO.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I'll subscribe another month simply because PvPing with my guild and the many others from another game I played are there doing the same thing. No game beats seeing these names running around at present for me right now. As someone said in vent last night, "it may be laggy and buggy, but not nearly as laggy and buggy as SWG tended to be, if we could stand that, this is nothing".

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Bad poll.

All of the above and then some is my answer, so I didn't respond.  

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

Originally posted by dubyahite

Bad poll.

All of the above and then some is my answer, so I didn't respond.  

Aha because for me is nothing of the above. I play it because my friends play it and I like hanging with them. Tho they are beginning to notice all the flaws ...

• warbot7777warbot7777 Member Posts: 110

Finish story-line(s) for main and alt(s). - 11.0%

PVP - 5.5%

Operations (Raids) - 2.7%

Flashpoints - 0.0%

Because it's only $15. - 4.1%

PvP, Operations, Flashpoints, Finish story-lines for main and alts. The game is actually a lot of fun. If you like Star Wars enough you'll be happy. People bash it w/o giving it a real chance. It has been out for a month and people compare it to current day WoW, a game that has been out for 7 years. It had the most stable launch I've ever participated in. 

The bugs are bad sometimes but they are working on those. They know they aren't totally on track, give them a chance to fix it. Bioware still has my respect. With titles like Mass Effect 1+2 and DA:Origins + DA2, I know they won't let us down. EA, well maybe.

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Because I think it's fun. When it's no longer fun, I'll quit and find something else to do.

Also, because my friends are playing it.

I know this is a shocking thing for some folks on these forums, but there truly are people who enjoy SWTOR and who don't have any existensial issue with paying a sub fee for it. If I think it's fun, and my friends are playing, why not?

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Originally posted by Lidane

Because I think it's fun. When it's no longer fun, I'll quit and find something else to do.

Also, because my friends are playing it.

I know this is a shocking thing for some folks on these forums, but there truly are people who enjoy SWTOR and who don't have any existensial issue with paying a sub fee for it. If I think it's fun, and my friends are playing, why not?

I agree with this.  There is a lot of content that I just enjoy.  Does the game have bugs?  Yup.  Big time.  Are they handling some things completely wrong?  Yup.  Is the game going in an uncertain direction?  Yup.

At the end of the day, this game is entertaining me,  A LOT.  When it ceases to be fun, I will cease to sub.  Right now though, I just love it!

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.