Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This looks fun....a few questions

silverseed71silverseed71 Member Posts: 38

I am a Ultima Online veteran/SWG veteran and have been playing City of Heroes since 2005.

Is this game fun? Can I skip the tutorial stuff? Is everything instanced?

I have played....

UO 1997-2002

SWG 2003-2005

COH 2005-Present

A little of WOW, Ryzom, Fallen Earth, Vanguard, AOC

I did not like WOW, I didn't give Fallen Earth a fair shot, not enough people on Vanguard or AOC. I loved and still love UO, but no people anymore. COH has a great community.

Does Rift have a good population?

Comments

• MannyManaMannyMana Member UncommonPosts: 121

Rift is a fun game. As someone who dislikes WoW myself I do find myself enjoying Rift. HOWEVER, you should go in to the game expecting a rehashed WoW clone with more features. The game is NOT a sandbox even if it tries to act like one.

The game does have a few instances but can be played mostly ignoring those if you choose (Though you will have a hard time upgrading gear and planar attunement without them).

The community is very active as long as you go on the right server (I am on Briarcliff) and it can get very tough doing dailies or finishing events on a pvp server due to high levels of ganking (Which means the game has enough people to create problems).

So all in all the game is fun and the developers did a good job updating and keeping the game running smooth.

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

Originally posted by MannyMana

Rift is a fun game. As someone who dislikes WoW myself I do find myself enjoying Rift. HOWEVER, you should go in to the game expecting a rehashed WoW clone with more features. The game is NOT a sandbox even if it tries to act like one.

The game does have a few instances but can be played mostly ignoring those if you choose (Though you will have a hard time upgrading gear and planar attunement without them).

The community is very active as long as you go on the right server (I am on Briarcliff) and it can get very tough doing dailies or finishing events on a pvp server due to high levels of ganking (Which means the game has enough people to create problems).

So all in all the game is fun and the developers did a good job updating and keeping the game running smooth.

I'd agree with the above.

If you want a WoW like game but without a developer thats trying to squeeze as much as they can out of the playerbase, RIFTs your game.

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!