Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ur first mmo

124»

Comments

• PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629
    Originally posted by youngkg

Originally posted by Gravarg

I played Neverwinter Nights, which is considered the first MMO, before that I played MUD and still do...there's just something about typing "go north" and having a server tell you "you enter a dense forested area" that never gets old :) 

IMAGINATION!

Meridian 59 was the first mmo i believe, Theres a NwN mmo?!?!  image

NWN (1991) was the first online graphical one. It was 2D and ran on DOS.

Meridian 59 (1995) was the first 3D one. The main creator of it said he based some of the development of it on the doom engine.

• ParaKnowYaParaKnowYa Member UncommonPosts: 15

Originally posted by KouDy

My first was absolutely epic Rubies of Eventide

Same here, loved that Game and even became a Founder - too bad it didnt succeed.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Well back in 1986 I was beta testing Habitat on Quantum Link.   In many ways I would consider it the first graphical MMO that I personally saw.

When you first logged in you were in your apartment (housing) and there were quite a few other players.. well testers depending on where you went.   QLink was a commodore only service and eventually during the 90's became America Online.   Oddly enough I believe habitat is still a *live* product but the name was changed and I don't know who currently owns it.

The first "MMO" I played that anyone likely heard of was Ultima Online.   I knew about NwN and M59 but there was a block of time where I just was not online very much and actually was without a computer due to my location.

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

Originally posted by Plasmicredx

I played Neverwinter Nights, which is considered the first MMO, before that I played MUD and still do...there's just something about typing "go north" and having a server tell you "you enter a dense forested area" that never gets old :) 

IMAGINATION!

Meridian 59 (1995) was the first 3D one. The main creator of it said he based some of the development of it on the doom engine.

Wow....guess i was wrong,That blew my mind lol.

• PharkasPharkas Member Posts: 55

Yeah, kind of a short list. My first was Ultima Online.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

IMAGINATION!

That is inaccurate. Island of Kesmai (and Kingdom of Drakkar) are before NWN. They are 2D with sprite graphics.

• ColdicesColdices Member Posts: 157

Lineage 2, played it like 6/7 years straight witha few breaks to try out some other MMO's.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Originally posted by nariusseldon

IMAGINATION!

That is inaccurate. Island of Kesmai (and Kingdom of Drakkar) are before NWN. They are 2D with sprite graphics.

NWN is just like Diablo...      it was a graphical dungeon. Not a MMORPG! 

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• gerentexgerentex Member Posts: 3

<--Meridian 59 was my first, out of that list specifically was EQ1

• dylangdylang Member Posts: 12

My First was FFXI, out of the list.. technically WoW. I only played for about 3 of the 30 free days. So I picked loto.

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141

EQ 1, same druid, same server, 9 years straight up to 2009 or so.

• DerapDerap Member UncommonPosts: 19

Lineage 1 , most addicting mmorpg ive ever seen. even more powerful than evercrack!

• GeroltGerolt Member Posts: 98

Anyone who's older than 14 probably can't pick anything on that list.

Diaspora. Then Dransik.

• OdyssesOdysses Member Posts: 581

Asheron's Call early 2000, think I was on a Pentium II 750 with ati rage graphics and 33.6 modem lol.  Still the best MMO pound for pound that I ever played and props to Turbine for still updating the game every month.

• FarSightFarSight Member UncommonPosts: 7

Neocron

• 40Hz40Hz Member Posts: 36

I know everyone has said this already but your poll sucks, dude.

Asheron's Call way back in November 1999.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

SWG on launch day was my first real mmo. Dabbled in UO and heavily played PSO.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

UO and still going as a 15 year vet

• ZX81SpectrumZX81Spectrum Member Posts: 39

Guildwars :)

(my first online experience where I actually saw another human being online was in HL2DM. Someone threw a toilet in my face.)

40 Year old couples and gaming. Toons borrowed from Cyanide and Happiness.Text is Yours truly. Paint ftw :)