Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am not canceling

Well some people feel the need to come onto this site and proclaim TOR sucks and they are canceling their subcription. Well im at work and thought I would share I am not canceling. I have 7 days 3hrs and 16min of playing time on my main character and enjoyed every min, hes a 46 (I also have a 50). Maybe I enjoy it because I am taking my time exploring the worlds (yes the worlds are large yes there are things to explore) maybe its because I am paying attention to the Story. Maybe its because I am in a good guild that gets together to track down world bosses, datacrons, flashpoints, operations, pvp, and helping lower level guildmates.

This game has been out one month and for the ones who need to pound their chest that they are leaving good for you. For a new release in the MMO market I thinks its been a pretty good launch. Sure there have been issues sure I have had complaints but from my experience ( by no means am I an expert there are plenty of them on these sites aleeady) with LOTRO, Rift and age of conan launches I think TOR has a bright future in the MMO world.

Comments

• InFaVillaInFaVilla Member Posts: 592

Thank you for your thread. I agree, there are so many haters posting "quit"-threads, probably same accounts too, so we really need more positive ones.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

As you already pointed out, besides the people that are compelled by some inner urge to announce to the world how much they despise SWTOR (or insert another game here) by letting us all know they are "unsubbing" most are just playing their favorite games and having fun.

I havent noticed a dip in population yet on my server, imperial fleet is pushing the exact same numbers online since launch and everyone I personally know that is playing this game (numbering 5) plan on playing the game for the foreseeable future.

I only come to these forums to giggle at the ignorance of so many of these posters, the dramatizing statetments and made up facts, the efforts people will go throught ot make their point, I respond to the grossly exaggerated posters in all the game forums on this site receive my warnings from the MMO rpg staff and go back to enjoying my favorite game.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Every type of thread has its meaning, appreaciate your feedback and wish you a lot of fun and good luck with the game. 

• rymanryman Member Posts: 227

Originally posted by Gaborik

Well some people feel the need to come onto this site and proclaim TOR sucks and they are canceling their subcription. Well im at work and thought I would share I am not canceling. I have 7 days 3hrs and 16min of playing time on my main character and enjoyed every min, hes a 46 (I also have a 50). Maybe I enjoy it because I am taking my time exploring the worlds (yes the worlds are large yes there are things to explore) maybe its because I am paying attention to the Story. Maybe its because I am in a good guild that gets together to track down world bosses, datacrons, flashpoints, operations, pvp, and helping lower level guildmates. This game has been out one month and for the ones who need to pound their chest that they are leaving good for you. For a new release in the MMO market I thinks its been a pretty good launch. Sure there have been issues sure I have had complaints but from my experience ( by no means am I an expert there are plenty of them on these sites aleeady) with LOTRO, Rift and age of conan launches I think TOR has a bright future in the MMO world.

I can honestly look back on every MMO I enjoyed immensely: DAOC, SWG, EVE, WOW, LOTRO, Planetside.

Not once did I come to the forums of those games to discuss how good it was. I just wasn't insecure about what I was playing.

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

A positive thread about swtor? BLASPHEMY! BURN THE WITCH!

I agree, the game has some bugs but things are getting better and the game is good and fun.

It is always the same, ALWAYS, when the game is announced everyone loves it but when the game releases and its not "the perfection", "the wow killer", people just start bashing it and go search for a new MMO to worship.

Funny thing is when the next game releases it will be all the same.

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by ryman

Well some people feel the need to come onto this site and proclaim TOR sucks and they are canceling their subcription. Well im at work and thought I would share I am not canceling. I have 7 days 3hrs and 16min of playing time on my main character and enjoyed every min, hes a 46 (I also have a 50). Maybe I enjoy it because I am taking my time exploring the worlds (yes the worlds are large yes there are things to explore) maybe its because I am paying attention to the Story. Maybe its because I am in a good guild that gets together to track down world bosses, datacrons, flashpoints, operations, pvp, and helping lower level guildmates. This game has been out one month and for the ones who need to pound their chest that they are leaving good for you. For a new release in the MMO market I thinks its been a pretty good launch. Sure there have been issues sure I have had complaints but from my experience ( by no means am I an expert there are plenty of them on these sites aleeady) with LOTRO, Rift and age of conan launches I think TOR has a bright future in the MMO world.

I can honestly look back on every MMO I enjoyed immensely: DAOC, SWG, EVE, WOW, LOTRO, Planetside.

Not once did I come to the forums of those games to discuss how good it was. I just wasn't insecure about what I was playing.

But you do go to the forums of other games, attack those games and then thump your chest about the superiority of SWG.
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Glad you are liking it, but umm, really you have a lvl 50 and a lvl 46 in just over 7 days played?

Heh and you are taking your time?

Not real sure that is a good thing for a new MMO.

But really, enjoy.:)

• shamus252shamus252 Member UncommonPosts: 226

Originally posted by InFaVilla

Thank you for your thread. I agree, there are so many haters posting "quit"-threads, probably same accounts too, so we really need more positive ones.

Most of the people posting quit thread's if you have been on this site long enof to know that they have never even played the game so there I quit post mean's nothing. Can't quit what ya havent started image.

Sic semper tyrannis "Democracy broke down, not when the Union
    ceased to be agreeable to all its constituent States, but when it was upheld, like any other Empire, by force of arms."

• ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

I'm having a blast playing this game. I have a few level 30's, playing each one equally, no rush. Might even start another alt. Maybe the end game is a bore at  this point, but by the time I ever get there, if ever, I'll decide for myself. I really don't care at this point.

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

wont quit either, loving many aspects of the game, and hoping for improvement on the rest

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

I dont know how many times i have wasted money buying a game just listening to the fanbois and the hype. Personaly if you guys that love the game cant handle a little critisism, then you are actualy disliking the game also and trying to validate youself playing it. Open minded, and debating is not hating, thats what this place is for. Let people know the issues along with the good.

TOR has to many issues for me to justify spending any more money on it. Am i hater? Hell no. Im a grown a$$ man that spent 80$ on something that i was led to believe is an epic mmo that has all the good features and a great game. It lacked in many areas to be considered an epic mmo or even a true mmo.

TOR feels like playing KTOR on a console system rather than an indepth,packed full of features, and so much more. I did enjoy the story line, and i liked the eye candy. But it was just to limiting.

And by me offering my opinion along with everyone else here it can help a new comer decide a rational and equal decission on if they wish to buy it. Instead of just listening to all the fanbois. And so often the people here defending a game and insulting others normaly quit the game anyways.

TOR is a dumbed down mmo in easy mode. This cant be denied. But if you like limits, lack of features, exploits, bugs, and poor game mechanics then by all means dont lety the haters sway you.

And one final thing..... If you guys love TOR so much why are you in here instead of playing ;) Oh thats right because there is no end game, and you are standing around waiting for content, because running dailies, warzones, and raids just get boring when you do it a thousand times in this game and other games.

I like reading the negative and positive posts on any game, i welcome it as im not a narrow minded person. There is always good and bad with everything, trying to hide the bad will just make the game suck for others.

• rpmarensrpmarens Member UncommonPosts: 17

Originally posted by DarLorkar

Reading comprehension... it's not overrated:

"I have 7 days 3hrs and 16min of playing time on my main character..."

Edit: where can you view the time spent on a character, mate?

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

THANK YOU OP

Standing ovation for him, for real. Thanks for a single positive thread regarding this game

• saltydog3saltydog3 Member Posts: 53

With the type of money spent to make this MMO you would think it was perfect in everyway.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Originally posted by saltydog3

With the type of money spent to make this MMO you would think it was perfect in everyway.

Dont forget about the year + polishing and hen the first 4 of 5 patches were to fix exploits and other things that slipped by an entire year of polishing and beta testing ;)

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I think it's great that you're having a good time. You will let us know when you hit the cap of things to do that are interesting and fun end-game won't you? It's just around the corner coming up.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by shamus252

Most of the people posting quit thread's if you have been on this site long enof to know that they have never even played the game so there I quit post mean's nothing. Can't quit what ya havent started .

Do you have some sample threads?
  • BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by Onomas

I dont know how many times i have wasted money buying a game just listening to the fanbois and the hype. Personaly if you guys that love the game cant handle a little critisism, then you are actualy disliking the game also and trying to validate youself playing it. Open minded, and debating is not hating, thats what this place is for. Let people know the issues along with the good.

TOR has to many issues for me to justify spending any more money on it. Am i hater? Hell no. Im a grown a$$ man that spent 80$ on something that i was led to believe is an epic mmo that has all the good features and a great game. It lacked in many areas to be considered an epic mmo or even a true mmo.

TOR feels like playing KTOR on a console system rather than an indepth,packed full of features, and so much more. I did enjoy the story line, and i liked the eye candy. But it was just to limiting.

And by me offering my opinion along with everyone else here it can help a new comer decide a rational and equal decission on if they wish to buy it. Instead of just listening to all the fanbois. And so often the people here defending a game and insulting others normaly quit the game anyways.

TOR is a dumbed down mmo in easy mode. This cant be denied. But if you like limits, lack of features, exploits, bugs, and poor game mechanics then by all means dont lety the haters sway you.

And one final thing..... If you guys love TOR so much why are you in here instead of playing ;) Oh thats right because there is no end game, and you are standing around waiting for content, because running dailies, warzones, and raids just get boring when you do it a thousand times in this game and other games.

I like reading the negative and positive posts on any game, i welcome it as im not a narrow minded person. There is always good and bad with everything, trying to hide the bad will just make the game suck for others.

If it was "a little criticism" it would be fine. Most of it is pure hate threads filled with hyperbole.  Even your little criticism is 5 small paragraphs long..though I admit it is primarily exaggeration free (aside from the use of "fanboi" which apparently anyone who likes any game is called these days) , which is refreshing.

Oh and this "fanboi" isn't playing because I work a job from time to time. It is primarily a help desk of sorts so there is some times I have nothing incoming and can peruse the forums. I know I should probably quit to play SWTOR as much as possible but then I couldn't afford the monthly sub. ; )

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251

Originally posted by rpmarens

Originally posted by DarLorkar

Reading comprehension... it's not overrated:

"I have 7 days 3hrs and 16min of playing time on my main character..."

Edit: where can you view the time spent on a character, mate?

in chat type /played