Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Exodus of Republic from SWTOR!

Comments

• Lycurgus61Lycurgus61 Member Posts: 3

Open world PVP has always had higher levels killing lower levels. DAOC frontier areas getting sniped on my Troll by those blasted Albion archers one shot killing me while on quests was common and Midgard did the same to their lowbies. Stranglethorn Vale in vanilla WoW was a gank fest...Shadowbane where you could lose gear to your killer....but that's what makes it exciting and a challenge in my opinion. In SWTOR I've been killed by higher levels, you sahke it off and get creative on how you move and use cover..at least you don't lose gear lol

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    We had no republic opponents before the patch.

All I ever get is Huttball bs empire. Even during the objective trading there were like 40 empire and 2 or 3 republic at any given time on Ilum.

This isn't some mass exodus, it was already like this.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Originally posted by UnleadedRev

If you go to the official forums you will see that in both the General and PvP forums that Imperials are crying that there is no Republic players to fight, as well as low population complaints on the Republic Side as a result of rage quits from both SWTOR and from Republic players re-rolling Imperial or playing their Imperial alts.

All the result of patch 1.1 and the Imperial Valor exploit fiasco.

All the Imperials that flamed the Republic Posters who said they were quiting etc. telling them to STFU and just quit are now crying they have no Republic opponents.

Such a shame that a few fail developers and project leads at SWTOR are too stupid to code properly, design, and test the game.

LoL. U know that they had fixed all the problems on Ilum in less than 24hs right?, And all the instaBattlemaster imps will have soon a valor rank rollback.  So the endless qq once again, is over in less than 24 hs. Mass exodus form the republic, lol, you have no idea. 

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

Originally posted by dubyahite

We had no republic opponents before the patch.

All I ever get is Huttball bs empire. Even during the objective trading there were like 40 empire and 2 or 3 republic at any given time on Ilum.

This isn't some mass exodus, it was already like this.

a bit OT, but one thing I liked about LOTRO Monster Play design is that the devs from the start pretty much designed a system that incorporated the inexplicable "evil is cool" factor. The Creeps were less powerful than the heroes, so you needed more of them to defeat Heroes (Freeps).  The system also did away with the false hope that PvP could be balanced on a class by class basis. This too was mitigated by the larger population of Creeps of Freeps.

• xBlackBoxXxBlackBoxX Member Posts: 34

LMFAO Republic QQ noobs need to L2P instead of whining to Bioware for nerfbat get some skill

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Originally posted by BullseyeArc1

Originally posted by Shivam

You can discredit the forums all you like, but in the game players like me who actually play the game as well as others have posted facts of what is being experienced right now.

Poo poo it all you want, but no matter how you slice it, its a damn shame and sad.

The curse of the major IP I guess.....I do love SWTOR though even with all its faults, but then again I am playing Imperial so I am very happy except for the lack of Republic opponents in PvP, which results in long PvP que times and no PvP in contested areas of worlds.

Like I said, the PvP servers were tha most popular.

There are 100+ server in SWTOR so even if you want to gather enough data to support all the whining by imperial side, you just cna not do it. A vocal minority on forums does not translate to mass exodus as you were trying to prove with your original post. Hyperbole and exaggeration never makaes a solid argument.

100+ servers plus 100+ layers, whenever I logg in Im usually loggin into instance world 64 or higher.    But hey my experience half the servers interested in pvp.    Cut the 1.7 million and youll end up with 800k players by fall.     Then its a slow decline from thier.

How do you guys see in what instance you are?

Because all I can see is the planet population at the time...

Unless....haha 

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Originally posted by xBlackBoxX

LMFAO Republic QQ noobs need to L2P instead of whining to Bioware for nerfbat get some skill

Perhaps you should roll a repub player to show them how to play?

• SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231

PvP centric or not, features are features.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by DJJazzy

+1 to insight

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• xBlackBoxXxBlackBoxX Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by DJJazzy

not my job to teach noobs, suz

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

^ perfect example of my OG post in this thread.
  • ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

I dont play the game so i cant vouch for and/or if this problem exists.

But if it does, then Bio has to address it as soon as possible. SWTOR has launched with a standard mmo desgin for roleplaying PvE and focused PvP combat. So, how can you call a player a "whiner" for not being able to experience a properly PvP balanced design in a game that was launched recently?

PvP is part of this game and, like in many other mmorpgs, deserves to be as good as the PvE content, and im going further by saying that in this case and taking in account the IP name, PvP should be better and the focus of end game content.

• XxjagoxXXxjagoxX Member Posts: 148

People complain there is nothing but whiners on the swtor forums, i think thats funny because i been a

member of mmorpg for years and at least 80% of what i read on these forums are people whinning.

• LoekiiLoekii Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by bfpiercelk

Twilight

and the whole "run after thief, go kill blah blah blah", pretty common for MMO's. Can't think of a single one that doesn't follow that pattern aside from the sandboxes.

Which is what I expected, but fans kept talking about how amazing story writers Bioware are  and how mezmorizing stories will be in TOR.

I do think the Delivery vehicle was good.

The story writing was nothing to write home about.   I found myself speed reading the CC lines (cause the acting and animation was boring, and annoying at times), rather than feeling 'engrossed' in it.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by Puuk

Originally posted by sirphobos

This just in: official forums are full of whiners.

QFT. Official forums represent ~2% of the actual player base - usually the most vocal and socially inept of the player base (with very, VERY few exceptions).

This is something Blizzard used to talk about all the time (before their CM's were muzzled and not allowed to say anything that wasn't a company directive).  They figured that less than 5% of their games population even VISITED the forums, and about 1% actually posted.  Even fewer were 'regular' posters (closer to 1/10th of 1%)

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Haven't really noticed a difference on my server. Since the 50 bracket change there has been less Republic to play against. I dont think they have the same interest in PvP though, and are mostly PvEing. Warzone queues are about 5 mins, and 2/3 of the time its Huttball against my own faction. Pre-50 queues are popping every minute or so, with heaps of Republic.

I think its just cos the Republic are using PvP as a PvE gear tool while leveling, but would rather Group / Raid at 50. On my Republic alt on the Oceanic server - PvP pops non stop.

• LoekiiLoekii Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by Eliandal

QFT. Official forums represent ~2% of the actual player base - usually the most vocal and socially inept of the player base (with very, VERY few exceptions).

This is something Blizzard used to talk about all the time (before their CM's were muzzled and not allowed to say anything that wasn't a company directive).  They figured that less than 5% of their games population even VISITED the forums, and about 1% actually posted.  Even fewer were 'regular' posters (closer to 1/10th of 1%)

I see this brought up time and time again -- the forums is not reflective of the actual player base.

Yet when I look at the track record for a game I see a correlation between all the 'whining/QQing', and decline in the games subs.

So even if only 1% of the customer base visits the forums, it would seem that 1% is a good reflection of how the customer feels.     That 1% complains about the game, and we see sub numbers decline in large numbers.   

So ime, when the forum is unhappy, it seems that the other non-forum users are also probably unhappy (as indicated by the overall drop offs of subs -- despite fans dimissal of critical comments).

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Loekii

I see this brought up time and time again -- the forums is not reflective of the actual player base.

Yet when I look at the track record for a game I see a correlation between all the 'whining/QQing', and decline in the games subs.

So even if only 1% of the customer base visits the forums, it would seem that 1% is a good reflection of how the customer feels.     That 1% complains about the game, and we see sub numbers decline in large numbers.   

So ime, when the forum is unhappy, it seems that the other non-forum users are also probably unhappy (as indicated by the overall drop offs of subs -- despite fans dimissal of critical comments).

agree here what is a good reflection of how the majority of the people playing feel?.. its obvious site reviews are a joke.. from what everyone here says the graphs are a joke.. the news is a joke.. forums are a joke nothing reflects in game.. yet in game I see people complain about the same stuff that's talked about on the forums.. so is the in -game chat  not a good indictation of how people feel? if not then what is?

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by Eliandal

What a pity Blizzard decided to listen to that 5 percent then really . If they hadn't maybe 15 percent wouldn't have left last year and Warcraft might have had 15 or 20 million subs .

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by sanosukex

Originally posted by Loekii

agree here what is a good reflection of how the majority of the people playing feel?.. its obvious site reviews are a joke.. from what everyone here says the graphs are a joke.. the news is a joke.. forums are a joke nothing reflects in game.. yet in game I see people complain about the same stuff that's talked about on the forums.. so is the in -game chat  not a good indictation of how people feel? if not then what is?

There is ONE more thing as well.

Even if those statistics apply to WoW it does not necessarily apply to OTHER mmorpg's.

Remember WoW is EXCEPTION from other mmorpg's on the market , in size of playerbase and in size of casual playerbase.

Games that have 100 k - 500 k of subs / or and 30-100 k PCU  - majority of non-indie mmorpg's on western market have imo much bigger % of users visiting forums.  Also remember most people who read forums does NOT register , then many register but don't post ever, and only small majority posts.

So imho forums are better reflaction of playerbase than many people thinks , on the other hand let's not jump from one extremity to another , always had to take forums with bit of a salt.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

If you go to the official forums you will see that in both the General and PvP forums that Imperials are crying that there is no Republic players to fight, as well as low population complaints on the Republic Side as a result of rage quits from both SWTOR and from Republic players re-rolling Imperial or playing their Imperial alts.

All the Imperials that flamed the Republic Posters who said they were quiting etc. telling them to STFU and just quit are now crying they have no Republic opponents.

Such a shame that a few fail developers and project leads at SWTOR are too stupid to code properly, design, and test the game.

The real shame is folks making posts with wildly misleading titles based on personal guesses. The fact that you would base an opinion on a vocal minority from a forum says loads for judgement and source quality... [mod edit]

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Originally posted by strangepower

The real shame is folks making posts with wildly misleading titles based on personal guesses. The fact that you would base an opinion on a vocal minority from a forum says loads for judgement and source quality... [mod edit]

Republic was always severely outnumbered and the latest fiasco that was brought on by the patch can only make the imbalance worse..

Whether that means a lot people who played republic will move solely over to empire until the problem is fixed or they quit the game altogether.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by tank017

O

Republic was always severely outnumbered and the latest fiasco that was brought on by the patch can only make the imbalance worse..

Whether that means a lot people who played republic will move solely over to empire until the problem is fixed or they quit the game altogether.

Interesting enough Repubs were outnumbering IMPs last night on my server for most of the night on Ilum and in other world PVP spots.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    If only people would state what servers this mass exodus of republic players is supposedly taking place on, so it could be verified, there are enough where nothing of the sort is happening -_- People have lost all respect for factchecking, it's all gut-feeling based wild guessing these days :-/

Or maybe it was always like that, and internet forums only make it more apparent.
  • RageOfKillsRageOfKills Member Posts: 14
    I don't know what your all complaining about, I've been in countless PvP WZs and yes there have been many defeats on republic side (I'm a commando DPS) but all it takes is skill and strategy to win not numbers, as log as your kind of equal in numbers you can kick IMP arse