Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game a sandbox MMO?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
Is this game a sandbox MMO?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I wish there was more information ot be able to tell. Couldn't find much about it.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• F2Pelerin118F2Pelerin118 Member UncommonPosts: 124

I could be wrong, but from what I've played it seems more like a large, more open theme-park similar to VG (which I really like) but I do know they plan to add in crafting, the depth of which I don't know - but I'm not expecting much sandbox elements.

One thing to note is that while in alpha stage it's FFA PvP, this will change come release/later builds as they plan to have safe areas and I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed the game WON'T be full-loot.

Hope that helps, in any case I reccomend you give the alpha a go - it's open to try and while it's not fully translated, the basics are in english and it's totally playable. I've had good fun exploring and hunting/gathering, some of the envireonments and setpieces, not to mention the cities are very impressive.