Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon Earth 2012: Prelude: 'Carting' Your Stuff Around

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Notorious Games and the Xsyon team have let us know about the new Cart system with its accompanying "Wainwright" construction skill. With a cart, a portable storage system, players can carry much heavier gear or items and more of them. According to the devs, "gone are the days of carrying one log at a time".

Find out more on the Xsyon site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DonevDonev Member Posts: 143

A year and a half of "Prelude" with very few changes or additions, I can see why carts would make the news. 

Just let this one die. Granted the dev team is very small, but the dev team is also very very lazy on top of it. By the time this game becomes anything playable, it's going to look like the equivelent of this:

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I know this is going to sound carebear, but I really think this game would have such an incredible appeal if it wasn't FFA PVP. With all its flaws, it still does have some really nice features and engaging gameplay to it. I know the chance of getting PK'd is low but, for the average non-PVPer, all it takes is to get jumped once and lose everything they just recently gathered or worked on to turn them away.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

With it's current player base, it pretty much is non PvP.

• SinellaSinella Member UncommonPosts: 343

Originally posted by Loktofeit

I know this is going to sound carebear, but I really think this game would have such an incredible appeal if it wasn't FFA PVP. With all its flaws, it still does have some really nice features and engaging gameplay to it. I know the chance of getting PK'd is low but, for the average non-PVPer, all it takes is to get jumped once and lose everything they just recently gathered or worked on to turn them away.

I agree with you. Although PvP is kind of  non-existent in Xsyon and I haven't heard of anyone being randomly attacked during the last 2 months, still  the open-PvP tag of the game is enough to keep away non-PvP players, the ones who would really enjoy the building-terraforming part of the game.

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

If your looking for a game like this, try Wurm Online.  They have both PvP and non-PvP servers.  Graphics and animations aren't great but it is much, much, much better.  Check out thier site and wiki, you'll see what I mean.

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

Originally posted by Loktofeit

I haven't played in almost a year, but the game started prelude extremely carebear for this reason, so people wouldn't leave. But the underlying truth was that the game mechanics were not complete and did not allow for the forms of PvP the developers envisioned, so they put systems in place to protect all the inhabitants from blindly getting killed and robbed. If these systems are still in place, there is an argument that the game is still fairly "carebear".

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• stabstalkerstabstalker Member Posts: 1

rofl @ retail price and subscription so not worth it...

• tyrannistyrannis Member Posts: 198

Xsyon's first free expansion goes live! - The Wheel

##Best SWTOR of 2011
    Posted by I_Return - SWTOR - "Forget the UI the characters and all ofhe nitpicking bullshit" "Greatest MMO Ever Created"

##Fail Thread Title of 2011
    Originally posted by daveospice
    "this game looks like crap?"

• MmorpgeriusMmorpgerius Member UncommonPosts: 56

I would like to go back to it and check it out, but not at that price.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

ahhh if only it was F2P so you could go back and check out every new patch.  8)  or let you redo a free trial with every new patch.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

i really wanted to see what the new "twitch combat" revamp that came out recently is like.

Corpus Callosum    

but unfortunately you can't even have ONE free trial in this game AFAIK.

Corpus Callosum    

• redpinsredpins Member Posts: 147

The lack of any sort of game mechanics that are acceptable makes this game a FFF. Now, I can't tell you why not to play the game, but I can tell you to look at all the reviews from beta until now. Have a good laugh, but it's not the end of the game. With the right advertising and updates to the game it'll grow back... unless we kill it now.

I struggle not with life, money, emotions, and world, but against old mindsets and selves to be proven obsolete in a age and time of rapid changes. Go create fun, so you can have fun.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Was just reading their forums last night, and there has been quite a few changes, positive ones from what I read.  There is still the underlying problem of....there is no reason to do anything.  Oh cool, I make this uber high grade tool now...I can make stuff with it, so I can make more stuff and then I can look at it.  Sweet!  Would like to check the game out again but I've got other nice games to play, not to mention I haven't even touched the games I bought on Steam over xmas.  Maybe someday Xyson you will make something of yourself!

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

i would go back even if they lower the subs say, to like 8 bucks or lower than 10 / month

i liked the idea, and it would be fun if it had better PvP, the only thing that killed this game

i wonder if my Tribe are still around =)

So What Now?