Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods Online: Game of the Gods Expansion Coming in February

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

gPotato has announced that a gigantic expansion is set to hit North American and European Allods Online servers in February. Called "Game of the Gods", developers say the expansion includes over a year's worth of content.

The expansion will include new quests, raids and the Bard class.

• New Quests: Meet the gods of Sarnaut and unravel the mysteries of this strange universe’s creation and destruction in a series of over 100 story-driven quests.

• New Raid: Challenge 10 powerful bosses in an epic raid designed for the most skilled players.

• New Bard Archetype: Master new skills and a new play style with the completely new bard class.

• Great Rank: Win ultimate renown by completing an epic quest series to gain an extra skill point, customization slot, and more to make an even stronger character.

• Bigger Battlegrounds: Team up to defeat opposing players in the new 12v12 PvP Battlegrounds.

• Expanded Astral: Brave the lethal fourth layer of Astral Space with its 13 all new astral allods.

• Faster Ship Combat: Spin the ship and fire the cannons faster than ever with newly revamped physics for astral ship battles.

• Increased Level Cap: Achieve new heights of power as the level cap expands from 47 to 51.

• Share with Friends: Record all your victories with an automatic, opt-in social network system.

Find out more on the new Game of Gods teaser site on the Allods Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• xaritscinxaritscin Member UncommonPosts: 350

haven't played it, but even in the forums complain about the cash shop, sounds like a nice expansion but its sure they're gonna loos players, the P2W system is killing them......and the IP was pretty good. a shame.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Agreed, the P2W kills the game. If you want to be competitive in end game, be prepared to spend A LOT more money then you would if you had a subscription to any other subscription based game. Great game if you're rich.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Ohh bard class... I might try that.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

For 15 bucks a month, you TOO can be a competitive force..

Oh wait, you already spent that on WoW didn't you?

Maybe next month?

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I wish this game was P2P. It would actually be cheaper that way. It's such a unique game and it's actually fun to play so it ticks me off that it's ruined by a P2W cash shop.

Smile

• xaritscinxaritscin Member UncommonPosts: 350

i would play if they extent the content about Astral Ships, those things are really expensive and only guilds can use them, it would be better if you could have one for personal use, like a boat or something, i dont care PvP i want to ride an spaceship.....(non sci fi ones)

• DisapointedDisapointed Member Posts: 4

the population in the  eu servers isa /zak is so low u can  walk about and not see anybody for ages in some areas plus the cash shop is to pricey and yes it is pay to win not free to play

and some parts of the game are so hard that full raids of 24 players carnt even take a boss down thats in GT  only 2 guilds have done it since the gypit patch,

also something sles i have seen is when they have sales on  cash shop chests that offer the chance of a rare item  u see the same top players in world  chat getting them it happens every time theres an event  and its supposed to be random lol the elite few get the rare  items and the casual players that do pay  get the  crap lots of players  complain about this but get slapped dawn both in game and on the fourms lol

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

gpotato cooked their goose long ago with this game with their greed from item shop design decisions.  No matter what they do it is still an excellent example of a pay-to-win game that requires deep pockets to play.

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

No it would it would be a waste of money.  This game isnt deep enough for it to be a p2p. And like all p2p games that end up losing its player base ends up being f2p. What killed this game is the repetitive grinding the monotus astral runs you needed to do. The unbalaced of classes. The junk they would give you when you did spend your money on those boxes.I like the the F2p idea. Its how companies implement them. And Gpotato fails in this department miserably. The Grind fest games are the thing of the past as new and better genre gaming is coming out. The cash shop excuse is needs to be buried. For those who have played past Gipat know there are ways around the cash shop.  

Edgar F Greenwood